Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Changing SMTP profile in use after email has gone into "Final Form"

A solution for your smtp profiles is to use mailroam, once you've recorded in mailroam the different smtp servers you use and connect each of them to a particular ip or range of ip's or even to a domain name, you just have to declare the localhost (127.0.0.1) as smtp server in PM, mailroam, then, does the job.  That's what I do on my laptop.

But you're right it could be nice to revert the state of a final form mail.

HTH

<p>A solution for your smtp profiles is to use mailroam, once you've recorded in mailroam the different smtp servers you use and connect each of them to a particular ip or range of ip's or even to a domain name, you just have to declare the localhost (127.0.0.1) as smtp server in PM, mailroam, then, does the job.  That's what I do on my laptop.</p><p>But you're right it could be nice to revert the state of a final form mail.</p><p>HTH</p><p> </p>

Hi,

this suggestion/request follows on from a posting I made in the community technical support forum. Although a good suggestion was made how I can address this issue by using a mail proxy programme, I still feel it would be ideal if it could be addressed from within Pegasus.

I currently use two different smtp profiles, of which only one works, depending on whether I am at work or at home. Generally, I use Identities to set my location, and there are no issues. However, I frequently forget to do so, and as a result, I have emails queued for sending that cannot be sent, unless I go into my outbox, resend them, and change the identity on the "special" tab. This also requires me to delete the first email out the queue. Generally, I cannot change the identity on that first mail any more, because it is already in "final form".

I guess to some extent the question here is whether a mail in "final form" cannot remain in, or revert back to, "ready to send" state, if a mail is not transmitted successfully?

thanks

Rolf 

<p>Hi,</p><p>this suggestion/request follows on from a posting I made in the community technical support forum. Although a good suggestion was made how I can address this issue by using a mail proxy programme, I still feel it would be ideal if it could be addressed from within Pegasus. </p><p>I currently use two different smtp profiles, of which only one works, depending on whether I am at work or at home. Generally, I use Identities to set my location, and there are no issues. However, I frequently forget to do so, and as a result, I have emails queued for sending that cannot be sent, unless I go into my outbox, resend them, and change the identity on the "special" tab. This also requires me to delete the first email out the queue. Generally, I cannot change the identity on that first mail any more, because it is already in "final form". </p><p>I guess to some extent the question here is whether a mail in "final form" cannot remain in, or revert back to, "ready to send" state, if a mail is not transmitted successfully? </p><p>thanks</p><p>Rolf </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft