Community Discussions and Support
Any limits for transaction-level filters?

I have over 5100 lines in my transflt.mer file and there are no performance problems with it.

<p>I have over 5100 lines in my transflt.mer file and there are no performance problems with it.</p>

Mercury for Windows 

I use transaction-level filtering (transflt.mer) extensively to refuse spam mails. Since this works at the transport level, I am concerned about the software stability risks.

Is there any limit to the number / size of statements in transflt.mer at which time the mail server may crash or become unstable? For instance, can Mercury process a 1,000 statements (per mail, worst-case scenario) in transflt.mer and still manage a few hundred emails per hour?

(Sorry, this was originally posted in pegasus mail by oversight!)

<DIV class=ForumPostContentText id=ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_PostViewWrapper> <P>Mercury for Windows </P> <P>I use transaction-level filtering (transflt.mer) extensively to refuse spam mails. Since this works at the transport level, I am concerned about the software stability risks.</P> <P>Is there any limit to the number / size of statements in transflt.mer at which time the mail server may crash or become unstable? For instance, can Mercury process a 1,000 statements (per mail, worst-case scenario) in transflt.mer and still manage a few hundred emails per hour?</P> <P>(Sorry, this was originally posted in pegasus mail by oversight!)</P></DIV>

My transflt.mer has over 6,000 lines in it.  We process many hundreds of messages per hour with no problem.

Running Mercury on a 1.2ghz machine with 512mb RAM, Windows 2000 Pro.

Mercury, or the computer, has never locked up, frozen, or required rebooting.

<p>My transflt.mer has over 6,000 lines in it.  We process many hundreds of messages per hour with no problem.</p><p>  Running Mercury on a 1.2ghz machine with 512mb RAM, Windows 2000 Pro. </p><p>Mercury, or the computer, has never locked up, frozen, or required rebooting.</p><p>  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft