Extension development
Spamhalter / NoSpam not working ?

I noticed this on my system a little while ago as well. I sent an email to Lukas (Spamhalter author) asking for clarification, his response:

"Correction is not needed at this time, because this message will be classified as you want with current database state. It do just learning (not correction) in this case."

So I think it does learn from the nospam "correction" but I'm not sure what Lukas means by "current database state". It may mean the correction has already been acknowledged with the first correction request and all similar correction requests after that are no longer needed as Spamhalter already knows to do the correction at the next refresh of the database?

I'm not convinced this is working as one would expect though, to be sure I added the sender address to the white list, seems to be ok when I do that. (not really a solution though)

If anyone has more information on this issue I'd be happy to learn more about it too.

<P>I noticed this on my system a little while ago as well. I sent an email to Lukas (Spamhalter author) asking for clarification, his response:</P> <P><FONT size=2>"Correction is not needed at this time, because this message will be classified as you want with current database state. It do just learning (not correction) in this case."</P> <P>So I think it does learn from the nospam "correction" but I'm not sure what Lukas means by "current database state". It may mean the correction has already been acknowledged with the first correction request and all similar correction requests after that are no longer needed as Spamhalter already knows to do the correction at the next refresh of the database?</P> <P>I'm not convinced this is working as one would expect though, to be sure I added the sender address to the white list, seems to be ok when I do that. (not really a solution though)</P> <P>If anyone has more information on this issue I'd be happy to learn more about it too.</P></FONT> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Hello,

I use Spamhalter with spam and nospam as local mailboxes. False positives are getting into nospam over POP3 client (polling from other mailserver/exchange). But it seems that they are not vorrecting the database, because I get false positives from same sender with same content also tagged by spamhalter:-(

Log says:

C 20071227 095901.893 MG0027E2 corrections to NoSPAM
C 20071227 095901.908 MG0027E2 Y1F18286.CNM
C 20071227 095901.955 MG0027E2 from: adaptec.smbe-ereignis-notifier@opal.garmisch.net
C 20071227 095901.971 MG0027E2 Not needed!

So it seems spamhalter is not correcting it, but why ?

Best regards

Heiko

<P>Hello,</P> <P> I use Spamhalter with spam and nospam as local mailboxes. False positives are getting into nospam over POP3 client (polling from other mailserver/exchange). But it seems that they are not vorrecting the database, because I get false positives from same sender with same content also tagged by spamhalter:-(</P> <P> Log says:</P> <P> C 20071227 095901.893 MG0027E2 corrections to NoSPAM C 20071227 095901.908 MG0027E2 Y1F18286.CNM C 20071227 095901.955 MG0027E2 from: <A href="mailto:adaptec.smbe-ereignis-notifier@opal.garmisch.net">adaptec.smbe-ereignis-notifier@opal.garmisch.net</A> C 20071227 095901.971 MG0027E2 Not needed!</P> <P>So it seems spamhalter is not correcting it, but why ?</P> <P> Best regards</P> <P>Heiko</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft