Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Feature request - Duplicate detector

A duplicator detector and eraser would be a great idea. Specially if when moving substantial number of mails from one folder to another a mistake is done and the program is interfered (only human) and then the copy process is interrupted, normally making the origin folder "inconsistent", requiring a re-indexing, which normally restrores all the just moved messages, but keeping the moved ones as well.

Pegasus is the best email program ever !!! 

<P>A duplicator detector and eraser would be a great idea. Specially if when moving substantial number of mails from one folder to another a mistake is done and the program is interfered (only human) and then the copy process is interrupted, normally making the origin folder "inconsistent", requiring a re-indexing, which normally restrores all the just moved messages, but keeping the moved ones as well.</P> <P>Pegasus is the best email program ever !!! </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Hi all !

I can feel that there will be a new release soon of Pegasus Mail (if you do not feel like me, then just check the blogs [;)] ), so I thought why not suggest since there is still time to do so. Okay, so lately I had to import some emails from an old Thunderbird account, and I had already some of them in Pegasus Mail. The consequence of the import was that I ended up with lots of duplicate emails that I had to track down and take out one by one. It was rather painfull and time consuming. So then, why not include some sort of duplicate detector when one right-clicks on a folder ? If I recall correctly, there is some member that has a PERL script for doing what I suggest, so maybe he or she will accept sharing this code with David, so that it could ease the job should this suggestion be taken into consideration.

And of course, we shall not disrecpect the tradition, so all the best for this new year to all of you !

Cheers !

Ginhead. 

<p>Hi all !</p><p>I can feel that there will be a new release soon of Pegasus Mail (if you do not feel like me, then just check the blogs [;)] ), so I thought why not suggest since there is still time to do so. Okay, so lately I had to import some emails from an old Thunderbird account, and I had already some of them in Pegasus Mail. The consequence of the import was that I ended up with lots of duplicate emails that I had to track down and take out one by one. It was rather painfull and time consuming. So then, why not include some sort of duplicate detector when one right-clicks on a folder ? If I recall correctly, there is some member that has a PERL script for doing what I suggest, so maybe he or she will accept sharing this code with David, so that it could ease the job should this suggestion be taken into consideration.</p><p>And of course, we shall not disrecpect the tradition, so all the best for this new year to all of you !</p><p>Cheers !</p><p>Ginhead. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft