Community Discussions and Support
Modifying Pagasus behaviour

Han,

Spoke too soon...

In my previous message, 

> I had disabled mail notification, but left the sound signal set (thinking it was irrelevant with no notification required).
> I disabled the sound signal, and so far Pegasus is behaving exactly as I need.

The first part was correct - with mail notification disabled, the sound signal is not relevant to the notification icon issue.

What is also needed, as I have just discovered, is that the same settings need to be applied to each identity. This was not the case in my system, and it left me with the impression that the behaviour was somewhat inconsistent. As I moved from identity to identity, I was getting differing behaviour because of the different settings for each.

Now corrected, and behaving beautifully again.

Aris

<p>Han,</p><p>Spoke too soon...</p><p>In my previous message, </p><p>> I had disabled mail notification, but left the sound signal set (thinking it was irrelevant with no notification required). > I disabled the sound signal, and so far Pegasus is behaving exactly as I need. </p><p>The first part was correct - with mail notification disabled, the sound signal is not relevant to the notification icon issue.</p><p>What is also needed, as I have just discovered, is that the same settings need to be applied to each identity. This was not the case in my system, and it left me with the impression that the behaviour was somewhat inconsistent. As I moved from identity to identity, I was getting differing behaviour because of the different settings for each.</p><p>Now corrected, and behaving beautifully again. Aris</p><p> </p>

Is there any way to arrange for Pegasus Mail (v4.41) to behave like a normal simple Windows application (under XP)?

The feature I am interested in modifying is the use of the Pegasus icon in the notification area of the system tray.

Whenever the icon appears, Pegasus disappears from the Windows access list activated with Alt+Tab keys. This is a nuisance, as I am frequently drafting messages related to web documents (open in a browser), or subjects related to applications running on my machine (all in maximised windows). In these circumstances, I need to switch back and forth between Pegasus and the other running applications, and the most convenient way to do this is with the Alt+Tab combination.

Notification of new mail is not set, but somehow the Pegasus icon appears in the notification area, and the Pegasus button disappears from the taskbar section. I am not entirely sure what triggers this situation, as sometimes Pegasus is accessible through the Alt+Tab access list, but mostly it isn't.

Help, please...

Aris

<p>Is there any way to arrange for Pegasus Mail (v4.41) to behave like a normal simple Windows application (under XP)?</p><p>The feature I am interested in modifying is the use of the Pegasus icon in the notification area of the system tray. </p><p>Whenever the icon appears, Pegasus disappears from the Windows access list activated with Alt+Tab keys. This is a nuisance, as I am frequently drafting messages related to web documents (open in a browser), or subjects related to applications running on my machine (all in maximised windows). In these circumstances, I need to switch back and forth between Pegasus and the other running applications, and the most convenient way to do this is with the Alt+Tab combination.</p><p>Notification of new mail is not set, but somehow the Pegasus icon appears in the notification area, and the Pegasus button disappears from the taskbar section. I am not entirely sure what triggers this situation, as sometimes Pegasus is accessible through the Alt+Tab access list, but mostly it isn't.</p><p>Help, please...</p><p>Aris</p>

[quote user="arisme"]

Is there any way to arrange for Pegasus Mail (v4.41) to behave like a normal simple Windows application (under XP)?

The feature I am interested in modifying is the use of the Pegasus icon in the notification area of the system tray.

Whenever the icon appears, Pegasus disappears from the Windows access list activated with Alt+Tab keys. This is a nuisance, as I am frequently drafting messages related to web documents (open in a browser), or subjects related to applications running on my machine (all in maximised windows). In these circumstances, I need to switch back and forth between Pegasus and the other running applications, and the most convenient way to do this is with the Alt+Tab combination.

Notification of new mail is not set, but somehow the Pegasus icon appears in the notification area, and the Pegasus button disappears from the taskbar section. I am not entirely sure what triggers this situation, as sometimes Pegasus is accessible through the Alt+Tab access list, but mostly it isn't.

Help, please...

Aris

[/quote]

Try the different settings in Tools -> Options ->  Reporting/logging in the top of the window.

[quote user="arisme"]<p>Is there any way to arrange for Pegasus Mail (v4.41) to behave like a normal simple Windows application (under XP)?</p><p>The feature I am interested in modifying is the use of the Pegasus icon in the notification area of the system tray. </p><p>Whenever the icon appears, Pegasus disappears from the Windows access list activated with Alt+Tab keys. This is a nuisance, as I am frequently drafting messages related to web documents (open in a browser), or subjects related to applications running on my machine (all in maximised windows). In these circumstances, I need to switch back and forth between Pegasus and the other running applications, and the most convenient way to do this is with the Alt+Tab combination.</p><p>Notification of new mail is not set, but somehow the Pegasus icon appears in the notification area, and the Pegasus button disappears from the taskbar section. I am not entirely sure what triggers this situation, as sometimes Pegasus is accessible through the Alt+Tab access list, but mostly it isn't.</p><p>Help, please...</p><p>Aris </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Try the different settings in Tools -> Options ->  Reporting/logging in the top of the window.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Han,

Thanks - I had disabled mail notification, but left the sound signal set (thinking it was irrelevant with no notification required).

I disabled the sound signal, and so far Pegasus is behaving exactly as I need.

Your suggestion was good.

Aris

<p>Han,</p><p>Thanks - I had disabled mail notification, but left the sound signal set (thinking it was irrelevant with no notification required).</p><p>I disabled the sound signal, and so far Pegasus is behaving exactly as I need.</p><p>Your suggestion was good.</p><p>Aris</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft