Community Discussions and Support
Spamhalter not working

[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]

IIRC, the files are WI_sph.ini and words4.db3 and they are located in the users HOME mail directory.  The white.pml and black.pml may also be affecting the processing. 

[/quote]

Thanks Thomas, that worked. I copied the "best" educated spamhalter files into all mailboxes, works ok now. [Y]

Mcduff 

[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"] <p> IIRC, the files are WI_sph.ini and words4.db3 and they are located in the users HOME mail directory.  The white.pml and black.pml may also be affecting the processing. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Thanks Thomas, that worked. I copied the "best" educated spamhalter files into all mailboxes, works ok now. [Y]</p><p>Mcduff </p>

On all machines using PMail we have Spamhalter enabled.On all but one machine, it works like it should. However, on one pc Spamhalter does not work. This pc is our main pc and the email addresses handled by that PMAIL get a lot of spam. The PMail installed already had a lot of mail filtering rules enabled before enabling Spamhalter. However, some of the spam coming through is spam that on the other machines get sorted out as spam by Spamhalter but nothing get sorted out on this machine. Any Idea?

Is it possible to delete the current Spamhalter database and settings and make a clean restart, see if that helps?

Thanks,

McDuff 

<p>On all machines using PMail we have Spamhalter enabled.On all but one machine, it works like it should. However, on one pc Spamhalter does not work. This pc is our main pc and the email addresses handled by that PMAIL get a lot of spam. The PMail installed already had a lot of mail filtering rules enabled before enabling Spamhalter. However, some of the spam coming through is spam that on the other machines get sorted out as spam by Spamhalter but nothing get sorted out on this machine. Any Idea?</p><p>Is it possible to delete the current Spamhalter database and settings and make a clean restart, see if that helps?</p><p>Thanks,</p><p>McDuff </p><p> </p><p> </p>

You might try and copy the database and settings from one of the systems where it works to the system where is does not work.

<p>You might try and copy the database and settings from one of the systems where it works to the system where is does not work.</p><p> </p>

[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]

You might try and copy the database and settings from one of the systems where it works to the system where is does not work.

[/quote]

Thomas,

Can you tell me what are the file names I need to copy and where I can find them? 

Thanks, McDuff
[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]<p>You might try and copy the database and settings from one of the systems where it works to the system where is does not work.</p><p> </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Thomas,</p><p>  Can you tell me what are the file names I need to copy and where I can find them? </p>Thanks, McDuff

[quote user="mcduff"][quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]

[/quote]

Thomas,

Can you tell me what are the file names I need to copy and where I can find them? 

Thanks, McDuff
[/quote]

IIRC, the files are WI_sph.ini and words4.db3 and they are located in the users HOME mail directory.  The white.pml and black.pml may also be affecting the processing.

[quote user="mcduff"][quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]<p>You might try and copy the database and settings from one of the systems where it works to the system where is does not work.</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>Thomas, Can you tell me what are the file names I need to copy and where I can find them? </p><p>Thanks, McDuff [/quote]</p><p> IIRC, the files are WI_sph.ini and words4.db3 and they are located in the users HOME mail directory.  The white.pml and black.pml may also be affecting the processing. </p><p>  </p>

Another thing to consider:

SpamHalter doesn't seem to learn from spam detected by Content Control, if CC moves junk messages directly to the "Junk or suspicious mail" folder.

<p>Another thing to consider:</p><p>SpamHalter doesn't seem to learn from spam detected by Content Control, if CC moves junk messages directly to the "Junk or suspicious mail" folder. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft