Community Discussions and Support
Mail with a rar archieve !

[quote user="aderoy"]

I am not the poster, but I use RAR compressed files due to much better compression ratios, and speed of compression. Also the available commandline does come in handy for scripting etc.

[/quote]

Not the point, the point is that ZIP is a very common format and supported directly by the Windows OS, RAR is not.  The receiver needs to have some sort of program on their end to receive this as an attachment.  When you send a RAR attachment you'll probably find a number of receivers will ask you to send a ZIP archive instead. 

Again, my question, do you select to send RAR instead of ZIP when sending email attachments?  Unless I were to receive this sort of archive on my home system I'd not be able to use it.

[quote user="aderoy"]<p>I am not the poster, but I use RAR compressed files due to much better compression ratios, and speed of compression. Also the available commandline does come in handy for scripting etc. </p><p> </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Not the point, the point is that ZIP is a very common format and supported directly by the Windows OS, RAR is not.  The receiver needs to have some sort of program on their end to receive this as an attachment.  When you send a RAR attachment you'll probably find a number of receivers will ask you to send a ZIP archive instead.  </p><p>Again, my question, do you select to send RAR instead of ZIP when sending email attachments?  Unless I were to receive this sort of archive on my home system I'd not be able to use it. </p>

Just add attachments in your email.
In the attachments tab you can send any file you want including rar archives.

<p>Just add attachments in your email. In the attachments tab you can send any file you want including rar archives.</p><p> </p>

[quote user="Perseus"]Hi,

how can i send mails with rar archives ???

thx
Croc
[/quote]

Just like using ZIP archives however do not expect that all of your receivers will have the software that will allow them to use the RAR archive files.  FWIW, why do you want to use RAR rather than the more common ZIP?

<p>[quote user="Perseus"]Hi, how can i send mails with rar archives ??? thx Croc [/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Just like using ZIP archives however do not expect that all of your receivers will have the software that will allow them to use the RAR archive files.  FWIW, why do you want to use RAR rather than the more common ZIP? </p>

I am not the poster, but I use RAR compressed files due to much better compression ratios, and speed of compression. Also the available commandline does come in handy for scripting etc.

<p>I am not the poster, but I use RAR compressed files due to much better compression ratios, and speed of compression. Also the available commandline does come in handy for scripting etc. </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft