Community Discussions and Support
Phishing URL blacklist?

Martin, thanks for the explanation. I checked SURBL and it turns out they had already blacklisted the URL.

I seem to vaguely remember getting a "no entry" mouse pointer when pointing at a blacklisted URL, which did not happen this time. Today I tried clicking it. I got a dialog box warning me about phishing, so everything works just fine. So my memory is probably not just vague, but plain wrong. (I realize that checking every URL up front would lead to a lot of network traffic.)

Erik 

<p>Martin, thanks for the explanation. I checked SURBL and it turns out they had already blacklisted the URL.</p><p>I seem to vaguely remember getting a "no entry" mouse pointer when pointing at a blacklisted URL, which did not happen this time. Today I tried clicking it. I got a dialog box warning me about phishing, so everything works just fine. So my memory is probably not just vague, but plain wrong. (I realize that checking every URL up front would lead to a lot of network traffic.)</p><p>Erik </p>

Is there a way to add URLs to the "phishing blacklist" which I believe is used by the HTML renderer?

Thanks,

Erik 

<p>Is there a way to add URLs to the "phishing blacklist" which I believe is used by the HTML renderer?</p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Erik </p>

Sorry but there is no way to change the content, because it is an external service (www.surbl.org).  Surbl in turn gets its lists from companies that detect, and receive complaints from users.

Martin 

<p>Sorry but there is no way to change the content, because it is an external service (www.surbl.org).  Surbl in turn gets its lists from companies that detect, and receive complaints from users.</p><p>Martin </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft