Community Discussions and Support
Content control from external editor

Andrew, you're not alone... I had the same problems and couldn't find a way to force reloading the definitions file(s). Tried disabling/enabling, changing threshold, editing in internal editor w/o saving, all to no avail.

BTW, that is how I found out that the internal editor won't let you edit an oversize file, but you can still save it - truncated :-(

/E 

<p>Andrew, you're not alone... I had the same problems and couldn't find a way to force reloading the definitions file(s). Tried disabling/enabling, changing threshold, editing in internal editor w/o saving, all to no avail.</p><p>BTW, that is how I found out that the internal editor won't let you edit an oversize file, but you can still save it - truncated :-( </p><p>/E </p>

Hi,

I have been working with building content control from an external editor as the existing file, when edited, quickly is bigger than the 32kb.  I had been having difficulties with not getting filter lines to work, lots of problems and frustration.  Then I finally discovered that with an external editor for the spambust.dat file that there is seemingly an open file issue, ie. cannot live edit the file. 

• Is this just me, or is this the reality?
  • Is there an easy way to reload spambust file into memory that is not a matter of closing and opening Pegasus (which gets very ordinary)

Regards Andrew

<p>Hi, I have been working with building content control from an external editor as the existing file, when edited, quickly is bigger than the 32kb.  I had been having difficulties with not getting filter lines to work, lots of problems and frustration.  Then I finally discovered that with an external editor for the spambust.dat file that there is seemingly an open file issue, ie. cannot live edit the file.  </p><ul><li>Is this just me, or is this the reality?</li><li>Is there an easy way to reload spambust file into memory that is not a matter of closing and opening Pegasus (which gets very ordinary)</li></ul><p> </p><p>Regards Andrew </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft