Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Inserting images when composing emails

A problem I run into fairly regularly in 4.41 is that odd things happen when I'm inserting pictures into an HTML-formatted email.

First, after selecting an image file via the Insert Picture tool on the formatting toolbar, sometimes Pegasus doesn't insert the picture at all; on other occasions it does, but in the wrong place (ie not where the text insertion point is).  These problems only occur intermittently, and if I just repeat the operation it often works successfully second or third time.  An annoyance, though.

Second, when displaying an inserted JPEG image, Pegasus uses the dots-per-inch setting of the image file to scale the photo to my screen resolution.  This is almost never what I want - I will have already sized the images I include to be suitable for screen resolution and all I want Pegasus to do is display them at 1:1 image pixel:screen pixel resolution.  I haven't checked the HTML Pegasus generates, but as the default behaviour for HTML renderers is to display images at 1:1 resolution unless the IMG tag overrides this by specifying a different height and width, I'd have thought that's what the composer should emulate.

<P>A problem I run into fairly regularly in 4.41 is that odd things happen when I'm inserting pictures into an HTML-formatted email.</P> <P>First, after selecting an image file via the Insert Picture tool on the formatting toolbar, sometimes Pegasus doesn't insert the picture at all; on other occasions it does, but in the wrong place (ie not where the text insertion point is).  These problems only occur intermittently, and if I just repeat the operation it often works successfully second or third time.  An annoyance, though.</P> <P>Second, when displaying an inserted JPEG image, Pegasus uses the dots-per-inch setting of the image file to scale the photo to my screen resolution.  This is almost never what I want - I will have already sized the images I include to be suitable for screen resolution and all I want Pegasus to do is display them at 1:1 image pixel:screen pixel resolution.  I haven't checked the HTML Pegasus generates, but as the default behaviour for HTML renderers is to display images at 1:1 resolution unless the IMG tag overrides this by specifying a different height and width, I'd have thought that's what the composer should emulate.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft