Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Add "is [not] in white list" condition in filter rules

Hi, Erik,

Tx for the valuable answer. I'm always amazed by the power of the filtering system :-)
Anyhow, I prefered to add a rule "scan list ...", then choose whitelist, because the rule you proposed seems to be equivalent to "was not recognized as spam", which doesn't serve my case, it is redundant (if it is catched by the spam-filter, then I dobn't need to filter it out anymore)

For your case, why don't you add a rule "if sender=my_address, then move to junk" ? Of course, if you send a test mail to yourself, then your test will end in the junk-box, but as you know where to get it ....

Best regards,
Sebas

Hi, Erik, Tx for the valuable answer. I'm always amazed by the power of the filtering system :-) Anyhow, I prefered to add a rule "scan list ...", then choose whitelist, because the rule you proposed seems to be equivalent to "was not recognized as spam", which doesn't serve my case, it is redundant (if it is catched by the spam-filter, then I dobn't need to filter it out anymore) For your case, why don't you add a rule "if sender=my_address, then move to junk" ? Of course, if you send a test mail to yourself, then your test will end in the junk-box, but as you know where to get it .... Best regards, Sebas

Hi, I was thinking about standard header filtering rules.
It would be a must if the rule has a supplementar line :
[ ] and is  ( [ ] not)  in the whitelist

I would place it under the line "Contain this text"

What's would be the gain ? Well, I have a rule that filters out all mail that haven't a valid mail address in the "To" field ("To" doesn't contain @).
But it also filters out mails sent through a distribution list. Since those one are always from known senders, they are alredy whitlisted, or I can witelist them.

--
Best regards, and thousand thanks for Pegasus.
Sebas

Hi, I was thinking about standard header filtering rules. It would be a must if the rule has a supplementar line : [ ] and is  ( [ ] not)  in the whitelist I would place it under the line "Contain this text" What's would be the gain ? Well, I have a rule that filters out all mail that haven't a valid mail address in the "To" field ("To" doesn't contain @). But it also filters out mails sent through a distribution list. Since those one are always from known senders, they are alredy whitlisted, or I can witelist them. -- Best regards, and thousand thanks for Pegasus. Sebas

Sebas, Pegasus provides an attribute test you can use for this.

In the rule editor, click 'Add rule' then 'Attributes...' about two-thirds down in the list. The last checkbox is for testing if the message has been whitelisted.

I use this to enforce simple spam filtering. Some spammers use my address as the fake sender's address. Unfortunately, I often forget to clean up the global whitelist after sending a test email to myself, so such spam gets a free ride to my inbox...

Best regards,
Erik 

<p>Sebas, Pegasus provides an attribute test you can use for this.</p><p>In the rule editor, click 'Add rule' then 'Attributes...' about two-thirds down in the list. The last checkbox is for testing if the message has been whitelisted.</p><p>I use this to enforce simple spam filtering. Some spammers use my address as the fake sender's address. Unfortunately, I often forget to clean up the global whitelist after sending a test email to myself, so such spam gets a free ride to my inbox... </p><p>Best regards, Erik </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft