Community Discussions and Support
Outgoing jobs are not outgoing

[quote user="houston"]

Yes you're right, outlook express sent e-mails properly. I guess I didn't bollux the syntax......

[/quote]

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude [:)]  , but using telnet for any more that basic testing is prone to typo's and errors, using a client generally removes this point of failure.

I still think you should look at your relaying controls urgently, as with these turned off, sure YOU can send mail, but so can EVERYONE else. 

[quote user="houston"]<p>Yes you're right, outlook express sent e-mails properly. I guess I didn't bollux the syntax......</p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude [:)]  , but using telnet for any more that basic testing is prone to typo's and errors, using a client generally removes this point of failure. </p><p>I still think you should look at your relaying controls urgently, as with these turned off, sure YOU can send mail, but so can EVERYONE else. </p><p> </p>

I installed Mercury/32 Version 4.52 a while ago and I guess I am missing something simple. Searched through the forum but couldn't get an answer, sorry if this is a double thread. I am testing the system via telnet smtp commands, everything looks normal. However, the e-mails are kept in the queue and they are not delivered to outside domains. Mercury Core Process says:

Outgoing jobs: Ready 7, Pending 0, Complete 0.  

Local delivery is successful and relay is enabled for our internal network under Configuration -> MercuryS SMTP Server -> Connection Control by unchecking "Do not permit SMTP  Relaying of non-local mail".

No error has been returned either. Is there any other thing that I should do for proper relaying?

Thanks,
Best,

Ustun

<p>I installed Mercury/32 Version 4.52 a while ago and I guess I am missing something simple. Searched through the forum but couldn't get an answer, sorry if this is a double thread. I am testing the system via telnet smtp commands, everything looks normal. However, the e-mails are kept in the queue and they are not delivered to outside domains. Mercury Core Process says:</p><p>Outgoing jobs: Ready 7, Pending 0, Complete 0.  </p><p>Local delivery is successful and relay is enabled for our internal network under Configuration -> MercuryS SMTP Server -> Connection Control by unchecking "Do not permit SMTP  Relaying of non-local mail". </p><p>  No error has been returned either. Is there any other thing that I should do for proper relaying?</p><p>Thanks, Best,</p><p>Ustun  </p>

[quote user="houston"]

I installed Mercury/32 Version 4.52 a while ago and I guess I am missing something simple. Searched through the forum but couldn't get an answer, sorry if this is a double thread. I am testing the system via telnet smtp commands, everything looks normal. However, the e-mails are kept in the queue and they are not delivered to outside domains. Mercury Core Process says:

Outgoing jobs: Ready 7, Pending 0, Complete 0.  

Local delivery is successful and relay is enabled for our internal network under Configuration -> MercuryS SMTP Server -> Connection Control by unchecking "Do not permit SMTP  Relaying of non-local mail".

No error has been returned either. Is there any other thing that I should do for proper relaying?

Thanks,
Best,

Ustun

[/quote]

How have you setup Mercury/32 to send the mail?  MercuryE? MercuryC?   In either case, what do the logs show?  Have you tried using session logging to see what errors are being reported?  Do you have any MO*.QIF files matching a MO*.QCF/QDF.  The QIF files show the delivery last error.

[quote user="houston"]<p>I installed Mercury/32 Version 4.52 a while ago and I guess I am missing something simple. Searched through the forum but couldn't get an answer, sorry if this is a double thread. I am testing the system via telnet smtp commands, everything looks normal. However, the e-mails are kept in the queue and they are not delivered to outside domains. Mercury Core Process says:</p><p>Outgoing jobs: Ready 7, Pending 0, Complete 0.  </p><p>Local delivery is successful and relay is enabled for our internal network under Configuration -> MercuryS SMTP Server -> Connection Control by unchecking "Do not permit SMTP  Relaying of non-local mail". </p><p>  No error has been returned either. Is there any other thing that I should do for proper relaying?</p><p>Thanks, Best,</p><p>Ustun  </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>How have you setup Mercury/32 to send the mail?  MercuryE? MercuryC?   In either case, what do the logs show?  Have you tried using session logging to see what errors are being reported?  Do you have any MO*.QIF files matching a MO*.QCF/QDF.  The QIF files show the delivery last error. </p>

Hi,

If you can inject mail by SMTP, relaying control is correctly configured.

It sounds like you've simply failed to load either MercuryC or MercuryE.  Those are necessary to send mail using SMTP.  Make sure you have either one enabled and configured and your jobs should leave your queue.

Cheers,

Sabahattin

<P>Hi,</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>If you can inject mail by SMTP, relaying control is correctly configured.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>It sounds like you've simply failed to load either MercuryC or MercuryE.  Those are necessary to send mail using SMTP.  Make sure you have either one enabled and configured and your jobs should leave your queue.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Cheers,</P> <P>Sabahattin</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Yes, thanks, I added MercuryE and managed to send mails out side. I used my gmail and hotmail web client accounts. From, To and body are empty in gmail and To is empty in hotmail, as well. I know that these issues don't seem "so" specific to mercury, probably some RFC stuff but would appreciate if anyone experienced such problems and shed some light.  Tests were done via telnet from localhost and subnet, again.

Thanks,

Ustun

<p>Yes, thanks, I added MercuryE and managed to send mails out side. I used my gmail and hotmail web client accounts. From, To and body are empty in gmail and To is empty in hotmail, as well. I know that these issues don't seem "so" specific to mercury, probably some RFC stuff but would appreciate if anyone experienced such problems and shed some light.  Tests were done via telnet from localhost and subnet, again.</p><p> Thanks,</p><p>Ustun  </p>

[quote user="houston"]

Yes, thanks, I added MercuryE and managed to send mails out side. I used my gmail and hotmail web client accounts. From, To and body are empty in gmail and To is empty in hotmail, as well. I know that these issues don't seem "so" specific to mercury, probably some RFC stuff but would appreciate if anyone experienced such problems and shed some light.  Tests were done via telnet from localhost and subnet, again.

Thanks,

Ustun

[/quote]

Maybe you bolluxed the syntax in the telnet session [:#]

Have you tried with a mail client?

Also, if your mercuryS is listening on your internet connection you will want to turn this back ON, pronto...

[quote user="houston"]

Configuration -> MercuryS SMTP Server -> Connection Control by unchecking "Do not permit SMTP  Relaying of non-local mail"

[/quote]

You will also want to turn on "Strict relaying" and, if you have any offsite users, "Authenticated connections may relay.."

You can add your local IP range as a connection control entry to set "Connections from this range may relay...", then any local users won't need to Authenticate to send mail.

Also make sure your correct domain is in the Local section of Core config 

[quote user="houston"]<p>Yes, thanks, I added MercuryE and managed to send mails out side. I used my gmail and hotmail web client accounts. From, To and body are empty in gmail and To is empty in hotmail, as well. I know that these issues don't seem "so" specific to mercury, probably some RFC stuff but would appreciate if anyone experienced such problems and shed some light.  Tests were done via telnet from localhost and subnet, again.</p><p> Thanks,</p><p>Ustun  </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Maybe you bolluxed the syntax in the telnet session [:#]</p><p>Have you tried with a mail client?</p><p>Also, if your mercuryS is listening on your internet connection you will want to turn this back ON, pronto...</p>[quote user="houston"]<p>Configuration -> MercuryS SMTP Server -> Connection Control by unchecking "Do not permit SMTP  Relaying of non-local mail"</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>You will also want to turn on "Strict relaying" and, if you have any offsite users, "Authenticated connections may relay.." </p><p>You can add your local IP range as a connection control entry to set "Connections from this range may relay...", then any local users won't need to Authenticate to send mail.</p><p>Also make sure your correct domain is in the Local section of Core config </p>

Yes you're right, outlook express sent e-mails properly. I guess I didn't bollux the syntax but I'm lacking enough knowledge. AFAIK, a proper telnet SMTP session operates like this as you can find as the first entry in a search engine:

helo hostname

mail from: sender@domain.com

rcpt to: recipient@example.com 

data

"write down Subject, To, Cc, mail body here"

<crlf>.<crlf>

Should I read all the RFC821 :S

Thanks anyway,

Ustun 

&lt;p&gt;Yes you&#039;re right, outlook express sent e-mails properly. I guess I didn&#039;t bollux the syntax but I&#039;m lacking enough knowledge. AFAIK, a proper telnet SMTP session operates like this as you can find as the first entry in a search engine:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;helo hostname&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;mail from: sender@domain.com&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;rcpt to: recipient@example.com&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;data&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&quot;write down Subject, To, Cc, mail body here&quot; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;crlf&amp;gt;.&amp;lt;crlf&amp;gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Should I read all the RFC821 :S&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks anyway,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Ustun&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="houston"]

Yes you're right, outlook express sent e-mails properly. I guess I didn't bollux the syntax but I'm lacking enough knowledge. AFAIK, a proper telnet SMTP session operates like this as you can find as the first entry in a search engine:

helo hostname

mail from: sender@domain.com

rcpt to: recipient@example.com 

data

"write down Subject, To, Cc, mail body here"

<crlf>.<crlf>

Should I read all the RFC821 :S

Thanks anyway,

Ustun 

[/quote]

IAW the RFC the MAIL FROM: and RCPT TO: addresses must be in <>.  The message ends with a period<CR><LF>  Here's a WinPMail SMTP (not ESMTP) session log showing the entire operation using old email addresses from a ISP that not longer exists.

--- Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:04:12 ---
Connect to 'scruznet.com', timeout 90.
15:04:13 >> 220 scruz.net ESMTP Sendmail 8.8.5/1.34 ready at Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:04:14 -0700 (PDT)\0D\0A
15:04:13 << HELO thomas.lmms.lmco.com\0D\0A
15:04:13 >> 250 scruz.net Hello stephens.sj.scruznet.com [165.227.102.91], pleased to meet you\0D\0A
15:04:13 << MAIL FROM:<stephens@scruznet.com>\0D\0A
15:04:14 >> 250 <stephens@scruznet.com>... Sender ok\0D\0A
15:04:14 << RCPT TO:<stephens@scruznet.com>\0D\0A
15:04:14 >> 250 <stephens@scruznet.com>... Recipient ok\0D\0A
15:04:14 << DATA\0D\0A
15:04:14 >> 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself\0D\0A
15:04:14 << From: "Thomas Stephenson" <stephens@scruznet.com>\0D\0A
15:04:14 << To: stephens@scruznet.com\0D\0A
15:04:14 << Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:04:12 -0700\0D\0A
15:04:14 << MIME-Version: 1.0\0D\0A
15:04:14 << Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII\0D\0A
15:04:14 << Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT\0D\0A
15:04:14 << Subject: test\0D\0A
15:04:14 << Priority: normal\0D\0A
15:04:14 << X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v3.01b)\0D\0A
15:04:14 << \0D\0A
15:04:14 << test message body\0D\0A
15:04:14 << \0D\0A
15:04:14 << .\0D\0A
15:04:15 >> 250 PAA08117 Message accepted for delivery\0D\0A
15:04:15 << QUIT\0D\0A
15:04:15 >> 221 scruz.net closing connection\0D\0A
--- Connection closed normally at Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:04:15. -

[quote user=&quot;houston&quot;]&lt;p&gt;Yes you&#039;re right, outlook express sent e-mails properly. I guess I didn&#039;t bollux the syntax but I&#039;m lacking enough knowledge. AFAIK, a proper telnet SMTP session operates like this as you can find as the first entry in a search engine:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;helo hostname&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;mail from: sender@domain.com&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;rcpt to: recipient@example.com&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;data&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&quot;write down Subject, To, Cc, mail body here&quot; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;crlf&amp;gt;.&amp;lt;crlf&amp;gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Should I read all the RFC821 :S&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks anyway,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Ustun&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;IAW the RFC the MAIL FROM: and RCPT TO: addresses must be in &amp;lt;&amp;gt;.&amp;nbsp; The message ends with a period&amp;lt;CR&amp;gt;&amp;lt;LF&amp;gt;&amp;nbsp; Here&#039;s a WinPMail SMTP (not ESMTP) session log showing the entire operation using old email addresses from a ISP that not longer exists.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;--- Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:04:12 --- Connect to &#039;scruznet.com&#039;, timeout 90. 15:04:13 &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 220 scruz.net ESMTP Sendmail 8.8.5/1.34 ready at Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:04:14 -0700 (PDT)\0D\0A 15:04:13 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; HELO thomas.lmms.lmco.com\0D\0A 15:04:13 &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 250 scruz.net Hello stephens.sj.scruznet.com [165.227.102.91], pleased to meet you\0D\0A 15:04:13 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; MAIL FROM:&amp;lt;stephens@scruznet.com&amp;gt;\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 250 &amp;lt;stephens@scruznet.com&amp;gt;... Sender ok\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; RCPT TO:&amp;lt;stephens@scruznet.com&amp;gt;\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 250 &amp;lt;stephens@scruznet.com&amp;gt;... Recipient ok\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; DATA\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 354 Enter mail, end with &quot;.&quot; on a line by itself\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; From: &quot;Thomas Stephenson&quot; &amp;lt;stephens@scruznet.com&amp;gt;\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; To: stephens@scruznet.com\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:04:12 -0700\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; MIME-Version: 1.0\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; Subject: test\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; Priority: normal\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v3.01b)\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; \0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; test message body\0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; \0D\0A 15:04:14 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; .\0D\0A 15:04:15 &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 250 PAA08117 Message accepted for delivery\0D\0A 15:04:15 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; QUIT\0D\0A 15:04:15 &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 221 scruz.net closing connection\0D\0A --- Connection closed normally at Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:04:15. -&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft