Community Discussions and Support
running two instances of Pegasus Mail

I have amended the batch file kept in the Pmail Programs directory of the portable drive to be:

winpm-32.exe -MS -roam

Seems to work very well.  The only exception is that the DOS style command window (in XP Pro) stays open unless I manually close it.  Apart from that minor thing this appears to do the trick, even shows single-user mode for one of the instances in the taskbar so I can tell them apart.  Your point is well noted about accessing the same mailboxes.  I can see the potential for confusion.  I had to edit a multi-pop entry to put mail into the correct folder.  But this is what I was seeking.  Thanks for the assistance.

<P>I have amended the batch file kept in the Pmail Programs directory of the portable drive to be:</P> <P> winpm-32.exe -MS -roam</P> <P>Seems to work very well.  The only exception is that the DOS style command window (in XP Pro) stays open unless I manually close it.  Apart from that minor thing this appears to do the trick, even shows single-user mode for one of the instances in the taskbar so I can tell them apart.  Your point is well noted about accessing the same mailboxes.  I can see the potential for confusion.  I had to edit a multi-pop entry to put mail into the correct folder.  But this is what I was seeking.  Thanks for the assistance.</P>

I'm a longtime user of Pegasus Mail and have one copy installed for home use on my laptop and another at work on my desktop.  The home is a standalone; at work there are other users with centralized mail folders.  I'm going to stop bringing my laptop to work and I have put my home version of Pmail onto a portable hard drive along with a -roam batch file.   When I plug it into my work computer it opens and runs correctly.  But I cannot run both instances of Pmail - my home version on the portable drive and my work version - at the same time on the same computer.  I don't want to merge home and work as each contains thousands of emails and different folder organization.  Just want to have both available using my work computer.  Is there a way to accomplish this?  Thanks.

<P>I'm a longtime user of Pegasus Mail and have one copy installed for home use on my laptop and another at work on my desktop.  The home is a standalone; at work there are other users with centralized mail folders.  I'm going to stop bringing my laptop to work and I have put my home version of Pmail onto a portable hard drive along with a -roam batch file.   When I plug it into my work computer it opens and runs correctly.  But I cannot run both instances of Pmail - my home version on the portable drive and my work version - at the same time on the same computer.  I don't want to merge home and work as each contains thousands of emails and different folder organization.  Just want to have both available using my work computer.  Is there a way to accomplish this?  Thanks.</P>

The commandline -MS is designed to allow running multiple copies of Pegasus Mail.

-MS (no parameter)
Start multiple sessions of Pegasus Mail. Use this switch if you want a new copy of Pegasus Mail to start up when the program is run, instead of control simply being transferred to any copy that might currently be running on your system. This switch is usually only useful when combined with the -I or -U switch to specify a user. WARNING!!  This switch DOES NOT allow you to run two copies of Pegasus Mail that simultaneously access the same mailbox: all running copies of Pegasus Mail on the system must be accessing different mailboxes. If you ignore this warning and allow two copies of Pegasus Mail to access the same mailbox at the same time, then you will almost certainly end up with loss of data.

If you are running with Netware at work you may also need to use the -A commandline options to turn off the Netware support.

-A (no parameter)
Forces Pegasus Mail to run in standalone mode, ignoring any NetWare connection.

<p>The commandline -MS is designed to allow running multiple copies of Pegasus Mail.</p><p>-MS (no parameter) Start multiple sessions of Pegasus Mail. Use this switch if you want a new copy of Pegasus Mail to start up when the program is run, instead of control simply being transferred to any copy that might currently be running on your system. This switch is usually only useful when combined with the -I or -U switch to specify a user. WARNING!!  This switch DOES NOT allow you to run two copies of Pegasus Mail that simultaneously access the same mailbox: all running copies of Pegasus Mail on the system must be accessing different mailboxes. If you ignore this warning and allow two copies of Pegasus Mail to access the same mailbox at the same time, then you will almost certainly end up with loss of data.</p><p> </p><p>If you are running with Netware at work you may also need to use the -A commandline options to turn off the Netware support.</p><p>-A (no parameter) Forces Pegasus Mail to run in standalone mode, ignoring any NetWare connection.</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft