Community Discussions and Support
helped needed for novice

[quote user="yravi"] Our institution has 2 mail servers on different domains maintained by 2 ISP's across the globe.[/quote]

Email is routed based on mx-pointers within the dns. For your two domains, the mx-pointers either go to you ISP or to your XP machine.

If the mx-pointers point to your XP-machine all e-mails will be delivered to it, and received by using MercuryS, SMTP Server. 

If they point to your ISP, you can collect all the mail by the XP box, so that your users later can retrieve the emails. The module to use to download mail from your ISPs is MercuryD.

[quote user="yravi"]     vbsa.com
    vbsb.com[/quote]

Configure these two domains in "Configuration" | "Mercury Core Module Configuration" tab "Local domains"

[quote user="yravi"] we have 10 to 15 mail-id on each mail server. I want to configure my Windows XP box which is connected to Broad Band Internet connection and have installed mercury/32 on it to distribute mails to the clients on outlook express in the LAN. Bascially I want my XP system to work as a mails hub.

ex:
   info@vbsa.com
   info@vbsb.com
   hodphysics@vbsa.com

[/quote]

Under "Configuration" | "Manage Local users", you add mailboxes. A mailbox works like your mailbox by the road, it can receive mail addressed to many nick-names as long as the delivery address is correct. A delivery address is set up using aliases.

Under "Configurarion" | "Aliases", you tell that info@vbsa.com should go to the "real address" which is the local mailbox, you can also add any other alias to be delivered to the same mailbox (ie "Real Address".

Hope this helps

<P>[quote user="yravi"] Our institution has 2 mail servers on different domains maintained by 2 ISP's across the globe.[/quote]</P> <P>Email is routed based on mx-pointers within the dns. For your two domains, the mx-pointers either go to you ISP or to your XP machine.</P> <P>If the mx-pointers point to your XP-machine all e-mails will be delivered to it, and received by using MercuryS, SMTP Server. </P> <P>If they point to your ISP, you can collect all the mail by the XP box, so that your users later can retrieve the emails. The module to use to download mail from your ISPs is MercuryD.</P> <P>[quote user="yravi"]     vbsa.com     vbsb.com[/quote]</P> <P>Configure these two domains in "Configuration" | "Mercury Core Module Configuration" tab "Local domains"</P> <P>[quote user="yravi"] we have 10 to 15 mail-id on each mail server. I want to configure my Windows XP box which is connected to Broad Band Internet connection and have installed mercury/32 on it to distribute mails to the clients on outlook express in the LAN. Bascially I want my XP system to work as a mails hub.</P> <P>ex:    <A href="mailto:info@vbsa.com" mce_href="mailto:info@vbsa.com">info@vbsa.com</A>    <A href="mailto:info@vbsb.com" mce_href="mailto:info@vbsb.com">info@vbsb.com</A>    <A href="mailto:hodphysics@vbsa.com" mce_href="mailto:hodphysics@vbsa.com">hodphysics@vbsa.com</A></P> <P>[/quote]</P> <P>Under "Configuration" | "Manage Local users", you add mailboxes. A mailbox works like your mailbox by the road, it can receive mail addressed to many nick-names as long as the delivery address is correct. A delivery address is set up using aliases.</P> <P>Under "Configurarion" | "Aliases", you tell that <A href="mailto:info@vbsa.com">info@vbsa.com</A> should go to the "real address" which is the local mailbox, you can also add any other alias to be delivered to the same mailbox (ie "Real Address".</P> <P>Hope this helps</P>

Dear friends,

I will be very thankful if somebody of you can help me out.

I am very new to this mail server concepts.

Basically am a hardware and network engineer working for a small school in india india.

My problem is as explained below

Our institution has 2 mail servers on different domains maintained by 2 ISP's across the globe.

ex:

vbsa.com
    vbsb.com

we have 10 to 15 mail-id on each mail server. I want to configure my Windows XP box which is connected to Broad Band Internet connection and have installed mercury/32 on it to distribute mails to the clients on outlook express in the LAN. Bascially I want my XP system to work as a mails hub.

ex:
   info@vbsa.com
   info@vbsb.com
   hodphysics@vbsa.com

I am unable to configure the same being new to the whole mailing system.

Kindly help me with a HOWTO to configure the above situtation, so that i can furture configure the rest of
them.

Kindly help.

With advance thanks

Ravi

<P>Dear friends,</P> <P>I will be very thankful if somebody of you can help me out.</P> <P>I am very new to this mail server concepts.</P> <P>Basically am a hardware and network engineer working for a small school in india india.</P> <P>My problem is as explained below</P> <P>Our institution has 2 mail servers on different domains maintained by 2 ISP's across the globe.</P> <P>ex:</P> <P>    vbsa.com     vbsb.com</P> <P>we have 10 to 15 mail-id on each mail server. I want to configure my Windows XP box which is connected to Broad Band Internet connection and have installed mercury/32 on it to distribute mails to the clients on outlook express in the LAN. Bascially I want my XP system to work as a mails hub.</P> <P>ex:    <A href="mailto:info@vbsa.com">info@vbsa.com</A>    <A href="mailto:info@vbsb.com">info@vbsb.com</A>    <A href="mailto:hodphysics@vbsa.com">hodphysics@vbsa.com</A></P> <P>I am unable to configure the same being new to the whole mailing system.</P> <P>Kindly help me with a HOWTO to configure the above situtation, so that i can furture configure the rest of them.</P> <P>Kindly help.</P> <P>With advance thanks</P> <P>Ravi </P>

Hi !

I think you will have a faster answer if you post your question on the appropriate mailing list. This forum is something rather new and experienced users, till they take the habit of coming on the forum regularly, mainly use the mailing lists. Here is the link to subscribe :  http://www.pmail.com/support2.htm .

Bye !

Ginhead. 

<p>Hi !</p><p>I think you will have a faster answer if you post your question on the appropriate mailing list. This forum is something rather new and experienced users, till they take the habit of coming on the forum regularly, mainly use the mailing lists. Here is the link to subscribe :  <a href="http://www.pmail.com/support2.htm" mce_href="http://www.pmail.com/support2.htm">http://www.pmail.com/support2.htm</a> .</p><p>Bye !</p><p>Ginhead. </p>

Several things here, but you need to put both of your domains into the Configuration/Local domains.  (Use the help - it's extensive.)

You need to create mailboxes for your users.  If you want to keep mail for info@vbsa separate from info@vbsb you will need to use aliases -

info@vbsa.com -> infoa@vbsa.com   so the 'user' is infoa

That should enable you to receive mail correctly.

<p>Several things here, but you need to put both of your domains into the Configuration/Local domains.  (Use the help - it's extensive.)</p><p>You need to create mailboxes for your users.  If you want to keep mail for info@vbsa separate from info@vbsb you will need to use aliases -</p><p> info@vbsa.com -> infoa@vbsa.com   so the 'user' is infoa</p><p> That should enable you to receive mail correctly.  </p><p> </p><p> </p>

Hello Ravi,

as far as I understand you have two mailservers located at your ISP and want to collect the mails with one Mercury/32.

At first you have to enter in Mercury's domain section both domains (vbsa.com  and vbsb.com).

Next thing to do is to add all users into Mercury (info, hodphysics and so on) without domain. If there are different users with the same name on the different domains you have to use an alias for one of the users.

Now your OE clients can connect via POP or IMAP to get the mails.

If you have other problems, please explain them.

Regards,

Axel

<P>Hello Ravi,</P> <P>as far as I understand you have two mailservers located at your ISP and want to collect the mails with one Mercury/32. </P> <P>At first you have to enter in Mercury's domain section both domains (vbsa.com  and vbsb.com).</P> <P>Next thing to do is to add all users into Mercury (info, hodphysics and so on) without domain. If there are different users with the same name on the different domains you have to use an alias for one of the users.</P> <P>Now your OE clients can connect via POP or IMAP to get the mails.</P> <P>If you have other problems, please explain them.</P> <P>Regards,</P> <P>Axel</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft