Community Discussions and Support
[SPAM] move to another user

Thanks Thomas & Dilbert,

The chain is:

Internet -> Mercury -> pop3 connector -> Exchange 

I've realized what the problem was.

When I moved spam to spambucket@mydomain, Mercury was putting that mail into my Domain mailbox with

X-Envelope-To: spambucket@mydomain

To: OriginalRecepient@mydomain 

The Pop3 connector I'm using, by default was reading both these headers and sending a copy to both recipients. Fortunately, I can specify which headers get read, and ask it to read X-Envelope-To only.

Regards,

Richard 

<p>Thanks Thomas & Dilbert,</p> <p>The chain is:</p> <p>Internet -> Mercury -> pop3 connector -> Exchange </p> <p>I've realized what the problem was. </p> <p>When I moved spam to spambucket@mydomain, Mercury was putting that mail into my Domain mailbox with</p> X-Envelope-To: spambucket@mydomain To: OriginalRecepient@mydomain  <p> </p> <p>The Pop3 connector I'm using, by default was reading both these headers and sending a copy to both recipients. Fortunately, I can specify which headers get read, and ask it to read X-Envelope-To only.</p> <p> Regards,</p> <p>Richard </p> <p> </p>

I'm trying to get incoming spam moved to another user. To this end, I have SpamHalter adding a subject prefix of [SPAM], and then I have a global filtering rule that on finding [SPAM] in the subject, moves the message to another user called spambucket@mydomain.

The problem I have is that if spam arrives for usera@mydomain, then spambucket is given a copy of that mail, but a copy also arrives for usera. I don't want usera to get a copy at all.

Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? The domain 'mydomain' is a Domain Mailbox, from which mails are being collected by a pop3  connector and then sent on to an Exchange server. Could it be at this step where the duplication is occuring?

Thanks,

Richard

<P>I'm trying to get incoming spam moved to another user. To this end, I have SpamHalter adding a subject prefix of [SPAM], and then I have a global filtering rule that on finding [SPAM] in the subject, moves the message to another user called <A href="mailto:spambucket@mydomain">spambucket@mydomain</A>.</P> <P>The problem I have is that if spam arrives for <A href="mailto:usera@mydomain">usera@mydomain</A>, then spambucket is given a copy of that mail, but a copy also arrives for usera. I don't want usera to get a copy at all.</P> <P>Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? The domain 'mydomain' is a Domain Mailbox, from which mails are being collected by a pop3  connector and then sent on to an Exchange server. Could it be at this step where the duplication is occuring?</P> <P>Thanks,</P> <P>Richard</P>

Not sure what you are doing by I simply use a MOVE filter to make this happen with either Spamhalter or POPFileD.  I use the headers added by these programs rather than the subject line though.

<p>Not sure what you are doing by I simply use a MOVE filter to make this happen with either Spamhalter or POPFileD.  I use the headers added by these programs rather than the subject line though.</p><p> </p>

[quote user="rhayward"]

The domain 'mydomain' is a Domain Mailbox, from which mails are being collected by a pop3  connector and then sent on to an Exchange server.

[/quote]

Where in this chain is mercury? 

[quote user="rhayward"]<p>The domain 'mydomain' is a Domain Mailbox, from which mails are being collected by a pop3  connector and then sent on to an Exchange server.</p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Where in this chain is mercury? </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft