Community Discussions and Support
Create list of emails with "From, Subject and Date/Time etc."

Thanks, great idea and it worked fine!
It was a bit of a déjà vu experience ... It took more than 2 minutes to load the folder tree (900+) but it did the job. It must have done some changes to some files as starting version 4.41 again reminded me that I have used an older version of PM :-) From what I could see no damages though only a few minor settings changed (fonts) etc. (really amazing) so, I just replaced my data with the backup copy after the exercise, saves searching for all the little switches.
However, I am impressed as
(1) I do not believe that one could do this (role back to an older version, several versions older) with many other email programs - try it with outlook ;-)
(2) Version 4.41 is really a lot faster (about 5 times - wild guess)

I am looking forward to the next version !! ... 4.50 or even 5.0? [ip]

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks, great idea and it worked fine! It was a bit of a déjà vu experience ... It took more than 2 minutes to load the folder tree (900+) but it did the job. It must have done some changes to some files as starting version 4.41 again reminded me that I have used an older version of PM :-) From what I could see no damages though only a few minor settings changed (fonts) etc. (really amazing) so, I just replaced my data with the backup copy after the exercise, saves searching for all the little switches. However, I am impressed as (1) I do not believe that one could do this (role back to an older version, several versions older) with many other email programs - try it with outlook ;-) (2) Version 4.41 is really a lot faster (about 5 times - wild guess) I am looking forward to the next version !! ... 4.50 or even 5.0? [ip] Thanks Thomas

Might be an odd thing to do but I need to create a list of emails (several thousand) consisting of basically what you see on the top right hand list pane (From, Subject and Date/Time, etc.). Any smart idea on how to go about it. I could create a series of sceenshots of course [;)]... but some readable text would be much better.
Thanks
Thomas

Might be an odd thing to do but I need to create a list of emails (several thousand) consisting of basically what you see on the top right hand list pane (From, Subject and Date/Time, etc.). Any smart idea on how to go about it. I could create a series of sceenshots of course [;)]... but some readable text would be much better. Thanks Thomas

I believe what you are trying to do is print a listing of the messages in a folder.  This is not available in v4.41 but if you have a copy of v3.12c laying around it can print the folder listing.

<p>I believe what you are trying to do is print a listing of the messages in a folder.  This is not available in v4.41 but if you have a copy of v3.12c laying around it can print the folder listing.</p><p> </p>

Thanks Thomas,

Would the 3.12"b" also do the trick (the one downloadable from the PM Site) or is the "c" release needed. I guess I just have to dig a bit deeper in one of my older backup CDs.

I just think about the best way to go about it without killing my current setup etc. I never had different versions or instances running side by side (not at the same time) and I do not know whether it works. Would the following make sense?

- Windows recovery point set (XP)
- All data saved and backed up
- Install older PM version in different directory
- Tell it where the emails are.

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks Thomas, Would the 3.12"b" also do the trick (the one downloadable from the PM Site) or is the "c" release needed. I guess I just have to dig a bit deeper in one of my older backup CDs. I just think about the best way to go about it without killing my current setup etc. I never had different versions or instances running side by side (not at the same time) and I do not know whether it works. Would the following make sense? - Windows recovery point set (XP) - All data saved and backed up - Install older PM version in different directory - Tell it where the emails are. Thanks Thomas

Try ftp://ftp.usm.maine.edu/pegasus/WinPMail/old to find the old 32 bit versions.  You install v3.12c in a directory called c:\pmail312c and then use pconfig.exe and change the home and new mail directory spec to point at your current home and new mail directory.  You could just copy the pmail.cfg from the v4.41 program directory to the v3.12c program directory and it should work as well.

FWIW, I use PMail for MSDOS, WinPMail-32 2.54, 3.12c, 4.21, 4.41 and v4,50VC14 (closed beta) all pointing at the same mail store at times.  Never had a problem.  I've even had them running at the same time inadvertently.  ;-(

<p>Try ftp://ftp.usm.maine.edu/pegasus/WinPMail/old to find the old 32 bit versions.  You install v3.12c in a directory called c:\pmail312c and then use pconfig.exe and change the home and new mail directory spec to point at your current home and new mail directory.  You could just copy the pmail.cfg from the v4.41 program directory to the v3.12c program directory and it should work as well.</p><p>FWIW, I use PMail for MSDOS, WinPMail-32 2.54, 3.12c, 4.21, 4.41 and v4,50VC14 (closed beta) all pointing at the same mail store at times.  Never had a problem.  I've even had them running at the same time inadvertently.  ;-( </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft