Community Discussions and Support
Unwanted spaces appearing in email addresses

This graphic does not help all that much.  I'd prefer to see the actual raw view of the headers showing the entire receiving process.  The wrapping as shown in the actual message reader is not important;  the data in the RFC 2822 message though is important. FWIW, I get mail from Outlook all the time via Exchange and I've never seen this happen.  I suspect though that there is something in the SMTP sending/receiving process that is breaking the message.  Many of the anti-spam/virus proxies could cause an improperbrak like this as well.

<p>This graphic does not help all that much.  I'd prefer to see the actual raw view of the headers showing the entire receiving process.  The wrapping as shown in the actual message reader is not important;  the data in the RFC 2822 message though is important. FWIW, I get mail from Outlook all the time via Exchange and I've never seen this happen.  I suspect though that there is something in the SMTP sending/receiving process that is breaking the message.  Many of the anti-spam/virus proxies could cause an improperbrak like this as well.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

Hi, this is a difficult one to describe, so first of all I've put an image showing the problem onto my WWW site, it can be found here:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The two blue boxes are actually the domain name - it's been split with the insertion of a space.  Obviously, if I hit Reply All and don't check the 'To' field the email address is malformed and it doesn't go through correctly.

I've a strong feeling that Pegasus is not at fault, the majority of my company uses Outlook, but emails from the few users who do not (Pegasus, Thunderbird), do not seem to show this problem.

Anyone got any ideas?  I'm at my wits end.

FYI: Win-Pegasus 4.41 in use.

&lt;P class=MsoNormal style=&quot;MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt&quot;&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;mso-ansi-language: EN-US&quot;&gt;&lt;FONT size=3&gt;&lt;FONT face=&quot;Times New Roman&quot;&gt;Hi, this is a difficult one to describe, so first of all I&#039;ve put an image showing the problem onto my WWW site, it can be found here:&lt;?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = &quot;urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office&quot; /&gt;&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal style=&quot;MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt&quot;&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;mso-ansi-language: EN-US&quot;&gt;&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;FONT face=&quot;Times New Roman&quot; size=3&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal style=&quot;MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt&quot;&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;mso-ansi-language: EN-US&quot;&gt;&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;FONT face=&quot;Times New Roman&quot; size=3&gt;&lt;IMG src=&quot;http://www.mullooly.com/header-blank.jpg&quot; mce_src=&quot;http://www.mullooly.com/header-blank.jpg&quot;&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal style=&quot;MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt&quot;&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;mso-ansi-language: EN-US&quot;&gt;&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;FONT face=&quot;Times New Roman&quot; size=3&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal style=&quot;MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt&quot;&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;mso-ansi-language: EN-US&quot;&gt;&lt;FONT size=3&gt;&lt;FONT face=&quot;Times New Roman&quot;&gt;&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal style=&quot;MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt&quot;&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;mso-ansi-language: EN-US&quot;&gt;&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;FONT face=&quot;Times New Roman&quot; size=3&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal style=&quot;MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt&quot;&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;mso-ansi-language: EN-US&quot;&gt;&lt;FONT size=3&gt;&lt;FONT face=&quot;Times New Roman&quot;&gt;The two blue boxes are actually the domain name - it&#039;s been split with the insertion of a space.&lt;SPAN style=&quot;mso-spacerun: yes&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp; &lt;/SPAN&gt;Obviously, if I hit Reply All and don&#039;t check the &#039;To&#039; field the email address is malformed and it doesn&#039;t go through correctly.&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal style=&quot;MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt&quot;&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;mso-ansi-language: EN-US&quot;&gt;&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;FONT face=&quot;Times New Roman&quot; size=3&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal style=&quot;MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt&quot;&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;mso-ansi-language: EN-US&quot;&gt;&lt;FONT size=3&gt;&lt;FONT face=&quot;Times New Roman&quot;&gt;I&#039;ve a strong feeling that Pegasus is not at fault, the majority of my company uses Outlook, but emails from the few users who do not (Pegasus, Thunderbird), do not seem to show this problem.&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal style=&quot;MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt&quot;&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;mso-ansi-language: EN-US&quot;&gt;&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;FONT face=&quot;Times New Roman&quot; size=3&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal style=&quot;MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt&quot;&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;mso-ansi-language: EN-US&quot;&gt;&lt;FONT size=3&gt;&lt;FONT face=&quot;Times New Roman&quot;&gt;Anyone got any ideas?&lt;SPAN style=&quot;mso-spacerun: yes&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp; &lt;/SPAN&gt;I&#039;m at my wits end.&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal style=&quot;MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt&quot;&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;mso-ansi-language: EN-US&quot;&gt;&lt;FONT size=3&gt;&lt;FONT face=&quot;Times New Roman&quot;&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal style=&quot;MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt&quot;&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;mso-ansi-language: EN-US&quot;&gt;&lt;FONT size=3&gt;&lt;FONT face=&quot;Times New Roman&quot;&gt;FYI: Win-Pegasus 4.41 in use.&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/P&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft