Community Discussions and Support
Mercury keeps shutting down.

Just to let you know, Updating the software to the latest version seem to have sorted the problem. Once again thanks for your replies  [Y]

Just to let you know, Updating the software to the latest version seem to have sorted the problem. Once again thanks for your replies  [Y]

Hi

I've tried searching the forum for this but can't find anything so sorry if the answers out there somewhere and I've missed it.

I'm running Mercury32 v4.01a on windows server SBS 2003. Every now and again mercury just closes. No errors, nothing. Sometimes it restarts itself and other times it doesn't and has to be restarted manually. Like i said i've tried searching for answers both here and on the web in general but have come up with nothing.

Was hoping someone might be able to help here. Any ideas, thoughts, solutions welcomed.

Ian

<P>Hi</P> <P>     I've tried searching the forum for this but can't find anything so sorry if the answers out there somewhere and I've missed it.</P> <P>I'm running Mercury32 v4.01a on windows server SBS 2003. Every now and again mercury just closes. No errors, nothing. Sometimes it restarts itself and other times it doesn't and has to be restarted manually. Like i said i've tried searching for answers both here and on the web in general but have come up with nothing.</P> <P>Was hoping someone might be able to help here. Any ideas, thoughts, solutions welcomed.</P> <P>Ian</P>

A few of things to do:

1.   Upgrade to v4.52 immediately.  There is a security problem in v4.01a that someone may be trying to exploit. It's a quick and easy upgrade.

2.    Run the loader for automatic re-starting.

3.   Make sure you are not scanning the Mercury directories with your anti-virus scanner.

<p>A few of things to do:</p><p>1.   Upgrade to v4.52 immediately.  There is a security problem in v4.01a that someone may be trying to exploit. It's a quick and easy upgrade.</p><p>2.    Run the loader for automatic re-starting.</p><p>3.   Make sure you are not scanning the Mercury directories with your anti-virus scanner.  </p><p>  </p>

Make sure Mercury isn't configured to do this shutdown after daily maintenance itself, with the option in the Mercury Core Module configuration notebook.

Cheers,

Sabahattin

<P>Make sure Mercury isn't configured to do this shutdown after daily maintenance itself, with the option in the Mercury Core Module configuration notebook.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Cheers,</P> <P>Sabahattin</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Many thanks for your replies. I'll look into both of these, the upgrade first obviously.

Many thanks for your replies. I'll look into both of these, the upgrade first obviously.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft