Community Discussions and Support
Receiving many, many blank emails without headers, even when in offline mode

[quote user="PaulW"]

I would try disabling all the addons you have, one-by-one, until you go back to a stable system.[/quote]

In addition:

A bit of a wild guess ... , but check your Antivirus system and settings. It may as well have an Anti-Spam system integrated (so you would run two). Some systems actually place themselves in between your Pegasus Mail and your ISP and seamlessly takeover and control your email downloads and sending. This may actually explain why your PM is in 'offline' mode but you still receive those and other(?) messages. I would completely deactivate and check your AV program and do some tests.

Let us know.

Cheers

Thomas

[quote user="PaulW"] <p mce_keep="true">I would try disabling all the addons you have, one-by-one, until you go back to a stable system.[/quote]</p><p mce_keep="true">In addition:</p><p mce_keep="true">A bit of a wild guess ... , but <b>check your Antivirus system and settings</b>. It may as well have an Anti-Spam system integrated (so you would run two). Some systems actually place themselves in between your Pegasus Mail and your ISP and <i><b>seamlessly</b></i> takeover and control your email downloads and sending. This may actually explain why your PM is in 'offline' mode but you still receive those and other(?) messages. I would completely deactivate and check your AV program and do some tests. </p><p mce_keep="true">Let us know.</p><p mce_keep="true">Cheers </p><p mce_keep="true">Thomas  </p>

Starting today, Pegasus is receiving completely blank e-mails without content or headers - the raw view is just completely empty. They go straight into my junk e-mail folder (I have both Content control and Spamhalter enabled; if I disable Content Control, it's just the same; if I disable Spamhalter, the messages go into my inbox.) They arrive at a rate of about 1 per minute, not when Pegasus is checking over POP or IMAP (I have both); if Pegasus is in offline mode, they keep coming.

Today, I have updated for the very first time bearhtml, spamhalter, and in addition I've installed the small add-in concerning the startup procedure of Pegasus. I believe the rate of arrival has accelerated during the day, but I'm not sure it's connected to those add-ins.

Two more things: for a while, I hade a genuine spam message in my junk folder. The empty messages arriving after that were still empty (in raw view) but showed date and time of the junk message in the folder view. This makes me think it's a problem of Pegasus itself. The other thing is that I have McAfee virus scan (disabling doesn't make a difference) and Sygate Personal Firewall (same).

Thanks for any help!

Martijn 

PS I now notice that since I've re-enabled Content Control or Spamhalter, they have increased to 0.1 kb, and their raw view now is:

X-CC-Diagnostic: Not Header "Date" Exists (51)
X-UC-Weight: [#   ] 51
X-CC-Diagnostic: Not Header "Date" Exists (51)
X-PMFLAGS: 0 0 16711681 PGAJWUMP.CNM     

<p>Starting today, Pegasus is receiving completely blank e-mails without content or headers - the raw view is just completely empty. They go straight into my junk e-mail folder (I have both Content control and Spamhalter enabled; if I disable Content Control, it's just the same; if I disable Spamhalter, the messages go into my inbox.) They arrive at a rate of about 1 per minute, not when Pegasus is checking over POP or IMAP (I have both); if Pegasus is in offline mode, they keep coming. </p><p> Today, I have updated for the very first time bearhtml, spamhalter, and in addition I've installed the small add-in concerning the startup procedure of Pegasus. I believe the rate of arrival has accelerated during the day, but I'm not sure it's connected to those add-ins.</p><p>Two more things: for a while, I hade a genuine spam message in my junk folder. The empty messages arriving after that were still empty (in raw view) but showed date and time of the junk message in the folder view. This makes me think it's a problem of Pegasus itself. The other thing is that I have McAfee virus scan (disabling doesn't make a difference) and Sygate Personal Firewall (same).</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for any help!</p><p>Martijn </p><p> </p><p>PS I now notice that since I've re-enabled Content Control or Spamhalter, they have increased to 0.1 kb, and their raw view now is:</p><p>X-CC-Diagnostic: Not Header "Date" Exists (51) X-UC-Weight: [#   ] 51 X-CC-Diagnostic: Not Header "Date" Exists (51) X-PMFLAGS: 0 0 16711681 PGAJWUMP.CNM       </p>

I've just found out something new which might help: it only happens while I have the new mail folder open! As soon as I open the new mail folder, the first new empty message appears in the junk folder, and then they keep appearing regularly (every 20 seconds or so) until I close the new mail folder.

I've just found out something new which might help: it only happens while I have the new mail folder open! As soon as I open the new mail folder, the first new empty message appears in the junk folder, and then they keep appearing regularly (every 20 seconds or so) until I close the new mail folder.

I would try disabling all the addons you have, one-by-one, until you go back to a stable system.

<P>I would try disabling all the addons you have, one-by-one, until you go back to a stable system.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

This sounds like you are popping your mail from your current new mail folder.  Check your POP3 setup.

This sounds like you are popping your mail from your current new mail folder.  Check your POP3 setup.

Hi,

I have the same problem, but I didn't install any extensions. Every 10 seconds when the New Mail folder is refreshed or when I press Ctrl-w, a bogus message appears in my New Mail folder. Thinking it was a problem with the New Mail folder, I created a new one, but the problem happens with it as well. Putting Pegasus into Offline mode and/or disabling my POP3 connection didn't help.

I just downloaded the new beta to see if it would help, and now get an error when I click one of the bogus messages. The errors says: "Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'fname' was corrupted." That is a clue and I think one of the files associated with the New Mail folder is corrupt.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Ted

Hi, I have the same problem, but I didn't install any extensions. Every 10 seconds when the New Mail folder is refreshed or when I press Ctrl-w, a bogus message appears in my New Mail folder. Thinking it was a problem with the New Mail folder, I created a new one, but the problem happens with it as well. Putting Pegasus into Offline mode and/or disabling my POP3 connection didn't help. I just downloaded the new beta to see if it would help, and now get an error when I click one of the bogus messages. The errors says: "Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'fname' was corrupted." That is a clue and I think one of the files associated with the New Mail folder is corrupt. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks, Ted

Here is another clue. Whenever I close the New Mail folder, all but one bogus message is deleted. In fact, that seems the only way to delete the bulk of the bogus messages.

Does anybody know how to create a replacement New Mail folder? It's not a normal folder so I cannot reindex it.

Thanks,

Ted

Here is another clue. Whenever I close the New Mail folder, all but one bogus message is deleted. In fact, that seems the only way to delete the bulk of the bogus messages. Does anybody know how to create a replacement New Mail folder? It's not a normal folder so I cannot reindex it. Thanks, Ted

Hi

Was this problem ever resolved as I'm experiencing the same issue?

Thanks

<P>Hi</P> <P>Was this problem ever resolved as I'm experiencing the same issue?</P> <P> Thanks</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft