Community Discussions and Support
How to lock down mail server to receive only from particular IP range

Thank you I'll give it a try......I had configured 0.0.0.0 refused for MercuryS, but I was getting a ton of Delivery Failure bounces for one particular user and I wasn't sure if there was something I was missing.  I'll go ahead and change it to your suggestion and see what happens.  Anything else one can do for the Delivery Failure bounces?  They're not usually this much of a problem, but this time it's a real pain!

<P>Thank you I'll give it a try......I had configured 0.0.0.0 refused for MercuryS, but I was getting a ton of Delivery Failure bounces for one particular user and I wasn't sure if there was something I was missing.  I'll go ahead and change it to your suggestion and see what happens.  Anything else one can do for the Delivery Failure bounces?  They're not usually this much of a problem, but this time it's a real pain!</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Newbie here.....I'm using Mercury v4.0.1b which I will update to v4.52 ASAP and modules MercuryS, C, & P in a Win2k domain environment.  How do I lock down my mail server to only receive mail from a particular IP range (from my mail filtering service) and thereby block anything sent directly to my MX server?

Thanks

<P>Newbie here.....I'm using Mercury v4.0.1b which I will update to v4.52 ASAP and modules MercuryS, C, & P in a Win2k domain environment.  How do I lock down my mail server to only receive mail from a particular IP range (from my mail filtering service) and thereby block anything sent directly to my MX server?</P> <P> Thanks</P>

Go to Configuration | MercuryS | Connection control and use allow to set the IP addresses you want to receive mail from and then set a refuse of 000.000.000.001 to 255.255.255.255. 

<p>Go to Configuration | MercuryS | Connection control and use allow to set the IP addresses you want to receive mail from and then set a refuse of 000.000.000.001 to 255.255.255.255.  </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft