Community Discussions and Support
Mail delivery failure

Hi,

I have been a happy Pegasus user for many, many moons ;) and have had never any problems. I am using Pegasus 4.41 on XP Pro with multiple user settings.

However, recently one of my mailboxes got corrupted. Whenever I send out an email from that user I always get a Mail Delivery Failure response as follows

Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following

reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail

relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module:

504 <mme>: Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address

But if I send a mail using any of the other users there is no problem whatsoever. That is why I am assuming this particular user is corrupted. I dont want to loose all the messages for that user, but I have no idea how to rectify this.

Any suggestions?

Ict

&lt;P&gt;Hi,&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;I&amp;nbsp;have been&amp;nbsp;a happy Pegasus user for many, many moons ;) and have had never any problems. I am using Pegasus 4.41 on XP Pro with multiple user settings.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;However, recently one of my mailboxes got corrupted. Whenever I send out an email from that user I always get a Mail Delivery Failure response as follows&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt;&lt;FONT size=2&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module:&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;504 &amp;lt;mme&amp;gt;: Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;But if I send a mail using any of the other users there is no problem whatsoever. That is why I am assuming this particular user is corrupted. I dont want to loose all the messages for that user, but I have no idea how to rectify this.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;Any suggestions?&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;Ict&lt;/P&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;

[quote user="Ictinus"]

504 <mme>: Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address

[/quote]

This error is being reported by the SMTP server that Pegasus Mail is connecting to, and indicates that the Internet e-mail address you have entered in Pegasus Mail is invalid. Go into Tools|Internet options, and look at the "My Internet e-mail address" field on the "General" page. It should have your full e-mail address. If that looks OK, then go into the "Sending (SMTP)" page and edit the SMTP definition: look about halfway down the first page of the dialog, for the control labelled "Use an alternate e-mail address for the SMTP envelope". Is it checked? If it is, does the field below it contain a valid e-mail address?

Somewhere, you have told Pegasus Mail that your e-mail address is "mme", which isn't a suitable address.

Cheers!

-- David --

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Ictinus&quot;]&lt;font size=&quot;2&quot;&gt;&lt;p&gt;504 &amp;lt;mme&amp;gt;: Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/font&gt;[/quote] This error is being reported by the SMTP server that Pegasus Mail is connecting to, and indicates that the Internet e-mail address you have entered in Pegasus Mail is invalid. Go into Tools|Internet options, and look at the &quot;My Internet e-mail address&quot; field on the &quot;General&quot; page. It should have your full e-mail address. If that looks OK, then go into the &quot;Sending (SMTP)&quot; page and edit the SMTP definition: look about halfway down the first page of the dialog, for the control labelled &quot;Use an alternate e-mail address for the SMTP envelope&quot;. Is it checked? If it is, does the field below it contain a valid e-mail address? Somewhere, you have told Pegasus Mail that your e-mail address is &quot;mme&quot;, which isn&#039;t a suitable address. Cheers! -- David -- &lt;/p&gt;

Indeed I did...

thank you for pointing me the right way :)

Ict

&lt;P&gt;Indeed I did...&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;thank you for pointing me the right way :)&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Ict&lt;/P&gt;

Im kinda having the same problem. I just got pegasus yesterday. I have one address to send mail to and it tells me failure to send. Cant identify me. Says Im not logged in. Any suggestions?

Im kinda having the same problem. I just got pegasus yesterday. I have one address to send mail to and it tells me failure to send. Cant identify me. Says Im not logged in. Any suggestions?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft