Community Discussions and Support
I cannot send emails from pegagus mail using my yahoo or hotmail accounts

[quote user="mjgdunne"]Hi i have just downloaded pegasus mail but i cannot set up my email accounts, i was told to go to tools, internet options but i do not know what details to put in. Any help would be appreciated.[/quote]

My not be able to use Pegasus Mail directly with either of these web mail systems.  Hotmail does not do plain POP3/IMAP4, the free yahoo does not either.  You might want to try MrPostman.

MrPostman is a java program that allows you to access Yahoo Mail, Hotmail and other
webmail services directly from your favorite mail client. 

It converts the web pages of your favorite webmail provider to e-mails and provides the
standard POP interface to your mail client (e.g. Outlook Express, Netscape or Mozilla Mail,
Thunderbird, Pegasus Mail). 

MrPostman is Free Software, released under the terms of the GNU Public License.

Currently supported webmail providers:

* Hotmail
    * mail.com
    * Yahoo
    * gmail (Google mail)
    * indiatimes.com
    * juno
    * rediffmail
    * Gossamer mail
    * Outlook Web Access (Exchange 5.5)
    * Outlook Web Access 2003

http://mrpostman.sourceforge.net/

<p>[quote user="mjgdunne"]Hi i have just downloaded pegasus mail but i cannot set up my email accounts, i was told to go to tools, internet options but i do not know what details to put in. Any help would be appreciated.[/quote]</p><p>My not be able to use Pegasus Mail directly with either of these web mail systems.  Hotmail does not do plain POP3/IMAP4, the free yahoo does not either.  You might want to try MrPostman.</p><p> </p><p>MrPostman is a java program that allows you to access Yahoo Mail, Hotmail and other webmail services directly from your favorite mail client.  It converts the web pages of your favorite webmail provider to e-mails and provides the standard POP interface to your mail client (e.g. Outlook Express, Netscape or Mozilla Mail, Thunderbird, Pegasus Mail).  MrPostman is Free Software, released under the terms of the GNU Public License. Currently supported webmail providers:     * Hotmail     * mail.com     * Yahoo     * gmail (Google mail)     * indiatimes.com     * juno     * rediffmail     * Gossamer mail     * Outlook Web Access (Exchange 5.5)     * Outlook Web Access 2003 http://mrpostman.sourceforge.net/  </p><p>  </p>

Hi i have just downloaded pegasus mail but i cannot set up my email accounts, i was told to go to tools, internet options but i do not know what details to put in. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi i have just downloaded pegasus mail but i cannot set up my email accounts, i was told to go to tools, internet options but i do not know what details to put in. Any help would be appreciated.

[quote user="mjgdunne"]Hi i have just downloaded pegasus mail but i cannot set up my email accounts, i was told to go to tools, internet options but i do not know what details to put in. Any help would be appreciated.[/quote]

Pegasus Mail uses POP3 or IMAP for mail. Yahoo and Hotmail are webmail programs, they do not support those protocols by default.Although there are 3rd party programs to work with those webmail programs.

I suggest to use a (free) POP3 account.

<p>[quote user="mjgdunne"]Hi i have just downloaded pegasus mail but i cannot set up my email accounts, i was told to go to tools, internet options but i do not know what details to put in. Any help would be appreciated.[/quote]</p><p>  Pegasus Mail uses POP3 or IMAP for mail. Yahoo and Hotmail are webmail programs, they do not support those protocols by default.Although there are 3rd party programs to work with those webmail programs. </p><p>I suggest to use a (free) POP3 account.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft