Mercury Suggestions
Sv: Wishing.....

Your password should only contain chars: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, - and _

We've only occasionally with Mercury 4.01 experienced cache problems related to password changes, then a restart of Mercury cured things. I haven't seen any such errors since. What could be another case, is if Mercury can't open the password.pm file, then I believe you'd see the same result - but I haven't tested that scenario since 2002.

<P>Your password should only contain chars: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, - and _</P> <P>We've only occasionally with Mercury 4.01 experienced cache problems related to password changes, then a restart of Mercury cured things. I haven't seen any such errors since. What could be another case, is if Mercury can't open the password.pm file, then I believe you'd see the same result - but I haven't tested that scenario since 2002.</P>

I darn wish that for once and ever.....

- Pegasus does not give me an error when sending through my own mailserver, cannot smtp crap!

- Pegasus does not block more cpu utilization than i have

- Pegasus does not start to throw up problems when sending an picture of 1.2 Mb and place it in que where i cannot get it out from

- Pegasus does what it's made for, SEND THAT FRECKING MAIL!!!!

That's what  I  wish for...... [:@]

After i installed something else...

Trying with competition software EUDORA!!!! AND THAT DOES WORK!!!!!!!!!

Now, the adress where it's supposed to go to is the same, but if it is pegasus or mercury, i don't know.

Quitting the program and restart Eudora it shows the job is done. Now, let's see what pegasus says...

Well, pegasus still thinks there must be an error when Eudora did send the same message. SHIT!!!!!!!

(Obvious i'm  a very much pissed at Pegasus, i had my doubts and problems before....)

I really hope that you develope a stable way to send mail, this keeps getting on my nerves and not trustworthy , and i do want it to work good, and evry time these darn messages of delivery failed when there is nothing wrong with the network, smtp or pop server (mercury)

<P>I darn wish that for once and ever.....</P> <P>- Pegasus does not give me an error when sending through my own mailserver, cannot smtp crap!</P> <P>- Pegasus does not block more cpu utilization than i have</P> <P>- Pegasus does not start to throw up problems when sending an picture of 1.2 Mb and place it in que where i cannot get it out from</P> <P>- Pegasus does what it's made for, SEND THAT FRECKING MAIL!!!!</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>That's what  I  wish for...... [:@]</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>After i installed something else...</P> <P>Trying with competition software EUDORA!!!! AND THAT DOES WORK!!!!!!!!!</P> <P>Now, the adress where it's supposed to go to is the same, but if it is pegasus or mercury, i don't know.</P> <P>Quitting the program and restart Eudora it shows the job is done. Now, let's see what pegasus says...</P> <P>Well, pegasus still thinks there must be an error when Eudora did send the same message. SHIT!!!!!!!</P> <P>(Obvious i'm  a very much pissed at Pegasus, i had my doubts and problems before....)</P> <P>I really hope that you develope a stable way to send mail, this keeps getting on my nerves and not trustworthy , and i do want it to work good, and evry time these darn messages of delivery failed when there is nothing wrong with the network, smtp or pop server (mercury)</P>

Of course, we can't really help you out if you don't show us the evidence (bounces, logs, etc) of the problems you're having.  And this is in any event the wrong forum.

But anyway, I dunno what kind of insane configuration you must have for it not to work - I have everything work just fine here with Pegasus.  It works using queue files to Mercury (you don't have it set up to use Internet Mail in preference to LAN mailer, do you?); it works using SMTP to Mercury; it works using SMTP to Sendmail.  (SMTP: find and delete pmgate.sys in your c:\pmail\programs directory.)  It works. :-)

The only thing I can agree with is CPU utilisation: especially when doing something heavily network-related, the entire application blocks.  For instance, move a large number of mails into the IMAP Trash folder by deleting them from another folder.  There's no reason why such operations can't happen concurrently in another thread instead of blocking the master process and sending the CPU usage way up while the application has focus.

Cheers,

Sabahattin

<P>Of course, we can't really help you out if you don't show us the evidence (bounces, logs, etc) of the problems you're having.  And this is in any event the wrong forum.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>But anyway, I dunno what kind of insane configuration you must have for it not to work - I have everything work just fine here with Pegasus.  It works using queue files to Mercury (you don't have it set up to use Internet Mail in preference to LAN mailer, do you?); it works using SMTP to Mercury; it works using SMTP to Sendmail.  (SMTP: find and delete pmgate.sys in your c:\pmail\programs directory.)  It works. :-)</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>The only thing I can agree with is CPU utilisation: especially when doing something heavily network-related, the entire application blocks.  For instance, move a large number of mails into the IMAP Trash folder by deleting them from another folder.  There's no reason why such operations can't happen concurrently in another thread instead of blocking the master process and sending the CPU usage way up while the application has focus.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Cheers,</P> <P>Sabahattin</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

I have to give him credit, Pegasus is sometimes a real pain in the **s. For example: I now try to find out where the problem lies and why it doesn't do what i want. I use a name on my Mercury server and in Pegasus, same password on both, and the darn thing does give me an pop3 error. Deleting, making, testing, error!!!!!!!! Same as he said, it should do what it's made for. I slipped my tounge a few years back and David himself pointed me in the faulty language i used, but with all due respect David, If you tell the world Pegasus is the oldest mailserver, why are there still so much achilles heals hidden in the software. I'm now on the verge of installing Thunderbird or some other and Exchange, and hope those programs do what the're made for. Sorry for kicking but it is annoying, even when you tell the world different.

[*] Connection established to [my ip adres]
>> 0060 +OK <381729984.25715@mail.domain.nl>, POP3 server ready.
<< 0012 USER anne1
>> 0038 +OK anne1@domain.nl is known here.
<< 0015 PASS XXXXXXXX
>> 0052 -ERR Username or password is invalid or incorrect.

And i changed more then 10 times my password, making a new user works fine, mine not AAAAARGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

&lt;P&gt;I have to give him credit, Pegasus is sometimes a real pain in the **s. For example: I now try to find out where the problem lies and why it doesn&#039;t do what i want. I use a name on my Mercury server and in Pegasus, same password on both, and the darn thing does give me an pop3 error. Deleting, making, testing, error!!!!!!!! Same as he said, it should do what it&#039;s made for. I slipped my tounge a few years back and David himself pointed me in the faulty language i used, but with all due&amp;nbsp;respect David, If you tell the world Pegasus is the oldest mailserver, why are there still so much achilles heals hidden in the software. I&#039;m now on the verge of installing Thunderbird or some other&amp;nbsp;and Exchange, and hope those programs do what the&#039;re made for. Sorry for kicking but it is annoying, even when you tell the world different.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;[*] Connection established to [my ip adres] &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0060 +OK &amp;lt;&lt;A href=&quot;mailto:381729984.25715@mail.domain.nl&quot;&gt;381729984.25715@mail.domain.nl&lt;/A&gt;&amp;gt;, POP3 server ready. &amp;lt;&amp;lt; 0012 USER anne1 &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0038 +OK &lt;A href=&quot;mailto:anne1@domain.nl&quot;&gt;anne1@domain.nl&lt;/A&gt; is known here. &amp;lt;&amp;lt; 0015 PASS XXXXXXXX &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0052 -ERR Username or password is invalid or incorrect. &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;And i changed more then 10 times my password, making a new user works fine, mine not AAAAARGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!&lt;/P&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft