Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Smart opening and collapsing of tray structures (trees) and navigation

I second that suggestion. It would make things much easier if the folders tree would behave like, say, the one in Windows Explorer.

Being a "keyboard user" more than a "mouse user" I have two additional wishes. Both concern quick jumps by typing a letter to select the next folder beginning with that letter.

1. Allow quick jumps to folders that start with a non-US-ASCII character
  2. Refresh message list and preview pane to keep them in sync with the selected folder.

A note on #2:

Currently, Pegasus still displays the contents of the previously

selected folder - even when I press Tab to get to the message list

pane. Synching with a short delay to avoid drawing the list for every folder visited (like

Windows Explorer) would be perfect. Synching when I tab over to the

list pane would also be OK.

Erik 

<p>I second that suggestion. It would make things much easier if the folders tree would behave like, say, the one in Windows Explorer.</p><p>Being a "keyboard user" more than a "mouse user" I have two additional wishes. Both concern quick jumps by typing a letter to select the next folder beginning with that letter. </p><ol><li>Allow quick jumps to folders that start with a non-US-ASCII character</li><li>Refresh message list and preview pane to keep them in sync with the selected folder.</li></ol><p>A note on #2:</p><p>Currently, Pegasus still displays the contents of the previously selected folder - even when I press Tab to get to the message list pane. Synching with a short delay to avoid drawing the list for every folder visited (like Windows Explorer) would be perfect. Synching when I tab over to the list pane would also be OK.</p><p> </p><p>Erik </p>

Dear All,

I have an extensive tray and folder structure (>900) down to approximately six levels. There are two functions I am somehow missing and which I believe could make life much easier when dropping mails into this long tree structures or when navigating through the jungle.

1. Collapsed trays should open (unfold) stepwise when a message is being dragged (and hold) on a closed tray.
  2. Tray structure status restore - which means that the tray tree / branch

structure, consisting of various levels of opened and closed sub-trays,

should be restored during opening to unfold to the status before being

closed. This would allow to quickly open a nicely structure multi-level

'branch' of a tray 'tree" and then with a click collapse it again to provide a less

space consuming simpler structure.

At the moment all levels of sub-trays are closed and need to be opened one by one if a higher level tray icon (e.g. top level) had been closed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thomas

Dear All, I have an extensive tray and folder structure (>900) down to approximately six levels. There are two functions I am somehow missing and which I believe could make life much easier when dropping mails into this long tree structures or when navigating through the jungle. <ol><li><b>Collapsed trays should open (unfold) stepwise when a message is being dragged (and hold) on a closed tray.</b></li><li><b>Tray structure status restore -</b> which means that the tray tree / branch structure, consisting of various levels of opened and closed sub-trays, should be restored during opening to unfold to the status before being closed. This would allow to quickly open a nicely structure multi-level 'branch' of a tray 'tree" and then with a click collapse it again to provide a less space consuming simpler structure.</li></ol><p>At the moment all levels of sub-trays are closed and need to be opened one by one if a higher level tray icon (e.g. top level) had been closed. Any ideas?</p><p>Thanks Thomas </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft