Community Discussions and Support
Virprot-Error: no ~X marker in Virprot.ini CmdLine=

Hello,

I'm trying to set up virprot with CA Antivirus. I think the actual scanner doesn't matter at the moment, as my problem accours with different scanners. Instead of the expected "You got a test-virus in your mail" I allways get the Error Message:  "Error: no ~X marker in Virprot.ini CmdLine=". My virprot.ini looks like this. As there's an "~X" in the command line I don't understand where my mistake is:

//-----------------

[virprot]

Trace=Yes

LogSize=18000

DenyExtensions=VBS,PIF,SCR,WMF

SkipExtensions=tmp,txt,jpg,jpeg,gif,bmp,png,pgp

Avok=0

EncZip=Deny

DenyWmf=True

CmdLine="C:\Programme\CA\CA Anti-Virus\caavcmdscan.exe" ~X /REPORT=~R

//-----------------

I don't kno if it is importand to surround the part "C:\Programme\CA\CA Anti-Virus\caavcmdscan.exe" with quotes, but it doesn't mseem tzo make any difference I i do it or not. The same goes for the way a virus is reported, e.g. return value or sentinal file.

Maybe someone can help me there.

j

<p>Hello,</p><p>I'm trying to set up virprot with CA Antivirus. I think the actual scanner doesn't matter at the moment, as my problem accours with different scanners. Instead of the expected "You got a test-virus in your mail" I allways get the Error Message:  "Error: no ~X marker in Virprot.ini CmdLine=". My virprot.ini looks like this. As there's an "~X" in the command line I don't understand where my mistake is:</p><p> //-----------------</p><p>[virprot] Trace=Yes LogSize=18000 DenyExtensions=VBS,PIF,SCR,WMF SkipExtensions=tmp,txt,jpg,jpeg,gif,bmp,png,pgp Avok=0 EncZip=Deny DenyWmf=True CmdLine="C:\Programme\CA\CA Anti-Virus\caavcmdscan.exe" ~X /REPORT=~R //----------------- </p><p> </p><p>I don't kno if it is importand to surround the part "C:\Programme\CA\CA Anti-Virus\caavcmdscan.exe" with quotes, but it doesn't mseem tzo make any difference I i do it or not. The same goes for the way a virus is reported, e.g. return value or sentinal file. </p><p>Maybe someone can help me there.</p><p> j  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft