Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Compressing Folders 'on top'

Surely there are other less obtrusive ways to ensure the protection of the folder without "obscuring" the user's display. This is an example of an application "living outside of its envelope".  Just because Microsoft has set a bad example in this regard is no reason to perpetuate it.  :-)

It's fine to force a secondary window to be dominant within the application's  primary window, but it should not force itselt to be "on top" of other applications' windows when Pmail is no longer in focus.

I think it would be good to reconsider this design decision.

<p>Surely there are other less obtrusive ways to ensure the protection of the folder without "obscuring" the user's display. This is an example of an application "living outside of its envelope".  Just because Microsoft has set a bad example in this regard is no reason to perpetuate it.  :-)</p><p>It's fine to force a secondary window to be dominant within the application's  primary window, but it should not force itselt to be "on top" of other applications' windows when Pmail is no longer in focus.</p><p>I think it would be good to reconsider this design decision. </p>

This bugs me a little: when I delete files from a folder and the compression notification box appears, it stays on top of other windows even after Pegasus Mail has been sent to the back.

Because recovering deleted space can take so long, I like to get on with other tasks, but I have to move the notification to the side because it simply gets in the way.

Would it be possible for future releases to allow the box to either not be 'on top', or for a minimise button to be added?

Cheers!

<P>This bugs me a little: when I delete files from a folder and the compression notification box appears, it stays on top of other windows even after Pegasus Mail has been sent to the back.</P> <P>Because recovering deleted space can take so long, I like to get on with other tasks, but I have to move the notification to the side because it simply gets in the way.</P> <P>Would it be possible for future releases to allow the box to either not be 'on top', or for a minimise button to be added?</P> <P>Cheers!</P>

[quote user="Greenman"]

This bugs me a little: when I delete files from a folder and the compression notification box appears, it stays on top of other windows even after Pegasus Mail has been sent to the back.

Because recovering deleted space can take so long, I like to get on with other tasks, but I have to move the notification to the side because it simply gets in the way.

Would it be possible for future releases to allow the box to either not be 'on top', or for a minimise button to be added?

Cheers!

[/quote]

We have discussed this in the past. During folder compression there must never be any change in the folder like messages added to it or removed from it. The only way to establish that is to force the compression window to act the way it acts now. It's unlikely that this will change in future releases.

[quote user="Greenman"]<p>This bugs me a little: when I delete files from a folder and the compression notification box appears, it stays on top of other windows even after Pegasus Mail has been sent to the back.</p> <p>Because recovering deleted space can take so long, I like to get on with other tasks, but I have to move the notification to the side because it simply gets in the way.</p> <p>Would it be possible for future releases to allow the box to either not be 'on top', or for a minimise button to be added?</p> <p>Cheers!</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>We have discussed this in the past. During folder compression there must never be any change in the folder like messages added to it or removed from it. The only way to establish that is to force the compression window to act the way it acts now. It's unlikely that this will change in future releases.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft