Community Discussions and Support
Filtering based on account/Open as plain text

I've noted this issue. At the moment, it's possible to move messages retrieved by different identities, but not by different POP3 definitions. It would be trivially easy to inject a header into downloaded messages that indicates the definition that retrieved them: this header could subsequently be used in expression filters to do the type of thing you're asking for.

I'll definitely add this to the next release for you. I suggest that once you see blogs or discussions here indicating that full development is operational again (once I have finished the internal transitions that are happening at the moment) you send me a personal message to jog my memory.

Cheers!

-- David --

I've noted this issue. At the moment, it's possible to move messages retrieved by different <i>identities</i>, but not by different <i>POP3 definitions</i>. It would be trivially easy to inject a header into downloaded messages that indicates the definition that retrieved them: this header could subsequently be used in expression filters to do the type of thing you're asking for. I'll definitely add this to the next release for you. I suggest that once you see blogs or discussions here indicating that full development is operational again (once I have finished the internal transitions that are happening at the moment) you send me a personal message to jog my memory. Cheers! -- David --

I've got multiple e-mail accounts all fetched by pegasus, is there a way to have these filted into their own folder automatically?

Secondly, does pegasus have an open as plain text/raw view feature that can be used without first opening the email normally?

<P>I've got multiple e-mail accounts all fetched by pegasus, is there a way to have these filted into their own folder automatically?</P> <P>Secondly, does pegasus have an open as plain text/raw view feature that can be used without first opening the email normally?</P>

There is no automated way to ensure that all messages end up in a specific folder. One thing you can do is to use a new mail filtering ruler/rules to trigger on the recipient address and Move it to a folder. The problem you will run into in this case is with BCC messages that do not have your e-mail address in the To: or Cc: fields. Many ISPs will add the recipient address in a special field in the headers. You may have to poke around in the Raw view to find it.

As far as a plain text/raw view option, there really isn't one, as I think you want. You can set the preferred view to be plain text, and that should take of most of the situations. However, for any message that only contains a fancy/HTML version, the fancy version will be shown. 

<p>There is no automated way to ensure that all messages end up in a specific folder. One thing you can do is to use a new mail filtering ruler/rules to trigger on the recipient address and Move it to a folder. The problem you will run into in this case is with BCC messages that do not have your e-mail address in the To: or Cc: fields. Many ISPs will add the recipient address in a special field in the headers. You may have to poke around in the Raw view to find it.</p><p>As far as a plain text/raw view option, there really isn't one, as I think you want. You can set the preferred view to be plain text, and that should take of most of the situations. However, for any message that only contains a fancy/HTML version, the fancy version will be shown. </p>

[quote user="A Grue Not Here"]Secondly, does pegasus have an open as plain text/raw view feature that can be used without first opening the email normally?[/quote]

In addition to Rob's suggestions, if you want to look at the headers, you can right click the message in the folder and click on 'message headers' to open a text window with just the headers shown.

<p>[quote user="A Grue Not Here"]Secondly, does pegasus have an open as plain text/raw view feature that can be used without first opening the email normally?[/quote]</p><p>In addition to Rob's suggestions, if you want to look at the headers, you can right click the message in the folder and click on 'message headers' to open a text window with just the headers shown.</p>

Ok then, I guess I'll just have to have an unsorted folder to be moved manually.

Ok then, I guess I'll just have to have an unsorted folder to be moved manually.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft