Community Discussions and Support
Referencing a message outside of Pegasus

You will have to use the Shooter to send the information from Pegasus into an Ecco Calendar/Task/NotePad/PhoneBook.  You should be able to use the Person's name as the TLI with the text from the email as a subitem.

There is no way to link the email to Ecco TLI that I have been able to find in the years of using both. Use the Shooter to send the information over, and Pegasus filters,  search to find the full email if so required. Pegasus search/filters are second to none.

You will have to use the Shooter to send the information from Pegasus into an Ecco Calendar/Task/NotePad/PhoneBook.  You should be able to use the Person's name as the TLI with the text from the email as a subitem. There is no way to link the email to Ecco TLI that I have been able to find in the years of using both. Use the Shooter to send the information over, and Pegasus filters,  search to find the full email if so required. Pegasus search/filters are second to none.

I apologise if this is covered elsewhere (I did try and search for possible combinations of posting).[:P]

What I would like to do is be able to reference a particular email message outside of Pegasus.

Example running EccoPro (great PIM). I get an email from Joe Smith wanting to do an event giving some of the desired things (number of people etc)

I set up a contact folder for him in Ecco and I would love to  have a listing message # (or id) link in Ecco that I could then click and that message is bought up in Pegasus -

Am I wishing too grand here. Is the alternate saving to a text file then referencing the message that way? 

Thanks

<p>I apologise if this is covered elsewhere (I did try and search for possible combinations of posting).[:P]</p><p>What I would like to do is be able to reference a particular email message outside of Pegasus.</p><p>Example running EccoPro (great PIM). I get an email from Joe Smith wanting to do an event giving some of the desired things (number of people etc)</p><p>I set up a contact folder for him in Ecco and I would love to  have a listing message # (or id) link in Ecco that I could then click and that message is bought up in Pegasus -</p><p>Am I wishing too grand here. Is the alternate saving to a text file then referencing the message that way? </p><p>Thanks</p><p> </p>

Not enough info here to help.  In your description you state "...I get an email from Joe Smith...."  but you don't state which mail system received the message. From the sounds of it, the message has gone into ECCO.  To get Pegasus Mail into the loop you will have to get ECCO to call Pegasus Mail and pass over the message (in a meaningful format). That's an ECCO issue. 

Your alternative method of saving the message is a possibility but thinking outside the box, why not receive the message in Pegasus Mail in the first place, then you can use all kinds of folders and rules to access these messages (see Pegasus Mail templates for instance).

Martin 

<p>Not enough info here to help.  In your description you state "...I get an email from Joe Smith...."  but you don't state which mail system received the message. From the sounds of it, the message has gone into ECCO.  To get Pegasus Mail into the loop you will have to get ECCO to call Pegasus Mail and pass over the message (in a meaningful format). That's an ECCO issue. </p><p> Your alternative method of saving the message is a possibility but thinking outside the box, why not receive the message in Pegasus Mail in the first place, then you can use all kinds of folders and rules to access these messages (see Pegasus Mail templates for instance).</p><p>Martin </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft