Community Discussions and Support
Black list spamhouse.org

So, this PTR,reversed record can also be at my ISP and not needed at

my domain name hoster (budgetwebhosting.nl) because the spreading is

better than stuck in one place. Am i right or totally wrong?

Not totally wrong, not totally right.

1.    The PTR record is not required by the SMTP/ESMTP RFCs at all. There is no MUST requirement that the rDNS show anything.

2.    Many SMTP hosts though will not accept a connection that does not have a PTR record since a valid SMTP server SHOULD have one and it should point to a vaild host name. 

3.    A very limited number of SMTP hosts wil  not accept the mail from hosts where this PTR does not match the connecting EHLO/HELO srting.  I've never run into one of these but some have reported this as a problem.

So, I believe you are are properly setup and should have no problems delivering the mail.

<blockquote><p>So, this PTR,reversed record can also be at my ISP and not needed at my domain name hoster (budgetwebhosting.nl) because the spreading is better than stuck in one place. Am i right or totally wrong?</p></blockquote><p>Not totally wrong, not totally right. 1.    The PTR record is not required by the SMTP/ESMTP RFCs at all. There is no MUST requirement that the rDNS show anything. </p><p>2.    Many SMTP hosts though will not accept a connection that does not have a PTR record since a valid SMTP server SHOULD have one and it should point to a vaild host name.  </p><p>3.    A very limited number of SMTP hosts wil  not accept the mail from hosts where this PTR does not match the connecting EHLO/HELO srting.  I've never run into one of these but some have reported this as a problem. </p><p>So, I believe you are are properly setup and should have no problems delivering the mail. </p><p> </p>

Hi,

How did i end up on the black list of spamhouse.org?

From begin this year i have a mailserver running and set my own range of ip adresses as possible senders of mail, the rest won't get sended (sked it here in this forum, and acted as told) Still, 26 may last month i, my IP, ended up on that dreadfull list making me not sending mail to some domains.

I thought Mercury did not send stuff at/from itself? I thought that i was protected with the settings i made given to me through this forum....

I wonder, my ISP (xs4all.nl) did look into it and do not see my IP on their list, so my guess is that mercury somehow managed to send something repeatedly to someone that it triggered their script to put me on this list.

I deleted my own mail adres (anne) and made another and thus hopin the F******* spam will stay away.

I hope too that someone can tell me where to look at why this could even happen to me, as i am not a company and as end-user and very internet-friendly hope that i can resolve this with a little help from my Pegasus and Mercury friends...

Thanks for your support...

<P>Hi,</P> <P>How did i end up on the black list of spamhouse.org?</P> <P>From begin this year i have a mailserver running and set my own range of ip adresses as possible senders of mail, the rest won't get sended (sked it here in this forum, and acted as told) Still, 26 may last month i, my IP, ended up on that dreadfull list making me not sending mail to some domains.</P> <P>I thought Mercury did not send stuff at/from itself? I thought that i was protected with the settings i made given to me through this forum....</P> <P>I wonder, my ISP (xs4all.nl) did look into it and do not see my IP on their list, so my guess is that mercury somehow managed to send something repeatedly to someone that it triggered their script to put me on this list.</P> <P>I deleted my own mail adres (anne) and made another and thus hopin the F******* spam will stay away.</P> <P>I hope too that someone can tell me where to look at why this could even happen to me, as i am not a company and as end-user and very internet-friendly hope that i can resolve this with a little help from my Pegasus and Mercury friends...</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Thanks for your support...</P>

Check to verify that you are not relaying.  The MercuryS setup must have the first two blocks for relaying checked (not just grayed out) to stop relaying via MercuryS.

That said, you did not provide all that much info to work with. We really need the domain and IP address to analyze for us to provide any meaningful response.

<p>Check to verify that you are not relaying.  The MercuryS setup must have the first two blocks for relaying checked (not just grayed out) to stop relaying via MercuryS.</p><p> That said, you did not provide all that much info to work with. We really need the domain and IP address to analyze for us to provide any meaningful response. </p>

[quote user="anne"]I hope too that someone can tell me where to look at why this could even happen to me, as i am not a company and as end-user and very internet-friendly hope that i can resolve this with a little help from my Pegasus and Mercury friends...[/quote]

Maybe you haven't been Blacklisted - Spamhaus also keeps a list of all dynamic IP addresses (the PBL) which some people will use to block.  It's possible to get off it if you want to send direct.

As Thomas says, give us more information and it may be simple to fix.

<P>[quote user="anne"]I hope too that someone can tell me where to look at why this could even happen to me, as i am not a company and as end-user and very internet-friendly hope that i can resolve this with a little help from my Pegasus and Mercury friends...[/quote]</P> <P>Maybe you haven't been Blacklisted - Spamhaus also keeps a list of all dynamic IP addresses (the PBL) which some people will use to block.  It's possible to get off it if you want to send direct.</P> <P>As Thomas says, give us more information and it may be simple to fix.</P>

Thanks Thomas and Paul,

My ip is 80.126.108.7  www.druifjes.nl and my mercury settings are ok i guess. I had before a problem about the relaying, i went to this forum and you Thomas helped me out then. I deleted my username in Mercury after i made a new name and copied all content from the old name to the new one thus saving all my mails and adresses.

I'm at work right now, but later this afternoon when i can i'll send you again a message about the settings who are as i understand good.

I'll check them again, send them on this forum and hope it is ok. I informed also friends and familie about the change in e-mail adres, and i could not send to a few members but yesterday i tried again the ones who were blocked and i think that it worked. I shall check that too.

I did send last friday when i discovered it a e-mail to abuse@xs4all.nl (my ISP)

Thanks again...

Anne

Ps. my mailbox is in the DNS of my provider set to my ip adres, i hope not that spammers are sending to my ip right now )-:

<P>Thanks Thomas and Paul,</P> <P>My ip is 80.126.108.7  <A href="http://www.druifjes.nl/">www.druifjes.nl</A> and my mercury settings are ok i guess. I had before a problem about the relaying, i went to this forum and you Thomas helped me out then. I deleted my username in Mercury after i made a new name and copied all content from the old name to the new one thus saving all my mails and adresses.</P> <P>I'm at work right now, but later this afternoon when i can i'll send you again a message about the settings who are as i understand good.</P> <P>I'll check them again, send them on this forum and hope it is ok. I informed also friends and familie about the change in e-mail adres, and i could not send to a few members but yesterday i tried again the ones who were blocked and i think that it worked. I shall check that too.</P> <P>I did send last friday when i discovered it a e-mail to <A href="mailto:abuse@xs4all.nl">abuse@xs4all.nl</A> (my ISP)</P> <P>Thanks again...</P> <P>Anne</P> <P>Ps. my mailbox is in the DNS of my provider set to my ip adres, i hope not that spammers are sending to my ip right now )-:</P>

I've checked out the IP address and sure enough you are listed.  You are on a number of FiveTen lists but that's not big deal, they are trash lists.  You are on the PBSL and that's one of the biggies.  http://psbl.surriel.com/listing?ip=80.126.108.7       Looking at the info sure enough someone sent spam from your IP address.  Now the question is do you really own this IP address?

Answer Section:
    www.druifjes.nl, CNAME, druifjes.nl
    druifjes.nl, MX, 1, 80.126.108.7

Answer Section:

druifjes.nl, MX, 1, 80.126.108.7

These MX records are not valid, it must point to a host name or cname not an IP address and in this case the host names is a80-126-108-7.adsl.xs4all.nl since none of the other names have an "A" record.

Answer Section:

7.108.126.80.IN-ADDR.ARPA, PTR, a80-126-108-7.adsl.xs4all.nl

Answer Section:
    a80-126-108-7.adsl.xs4all.nl, A, 80.126.108.7

<p>I've checked out the IP address and sure enough you are listed.  You are on a number of FiveTen lists but that's not big deal, they are trash lists.  You are on the PBSL and that's one of the biggies.  http://psbl.surriel.com/listing?ip=80.126.108.7       Looking at the info sure enough someone sent spam from your IP address.  Now the question is do you really own this IP address?</p><p>Answer Section:     www.druifjes.nl, CNAME, druifjes.nl     druifjes.nl, MX, 1, 80.126.108.7 </p><p> Answer Section:     druifjes.nl, MX, 1, 80.126.108.7</p><p>These MX records are not valid, it must point to a host name or cname not an IP address and in this case the host names is a80-126-108-7.adsl.xs4all.nl since none of the other names have an "A" record. </p><p>Answer Section:     7.108.126.80.IN-ADDR.ARPA, PTR, a80-126-108-7.adsl.xs4all.nl</p><p>Answer Section:     a80-126-108-7.adsl.xs4all.nl, A, 80.126.108.7  </p>

Thomas,

Yes, i do own that ip adress, at least, it was pointed to me by my isp in Holland (xs4all)

Now, my question, and i shall not curse, how is it possible if my settings all checked in this forum and should be ok and still assholes try to make my internet surfing a living hell. I DO NOT SPAM!!!!!!!!!! I HATE IT, (they should punish them harder that criminals) I was hoping that the settings i made (RATS, keyboard is giving strange markings where my arrrrrggggghhhhhhhh'()((___&___(((()(__&_&&%&%&_())(

SHGIT!

I am mad right now. every time i´m here and i want to use special signs like curved hooks and i press shift 9 i get this ) and that makes me BIG and green !!!!

Well, these are the settings, again±`semi/colon

Relaying control

ON is Do not permit SMTP relaying of non local mail

ON is Use strict local relaying restrictions

ON is Authenticated SMTP connections may relay mail

OFF is Only Authenticated SMTP connections may relay

The connection control above it says 10.0.0.1 til 10.255.255.255 allow and 80.126.108.7 allow. Nothing more.

The authentication password file is filled with everyone in my house, four peeps, and administrators and stuff, nothing more.

I said before that i send a e/mail to abuse at xs4all but they did not bother to send me any reply. I already deleted my e/mail adres and the spam finally is getting to a stop.

The remark you put so kindly in your message about theMX record not valid is not my fault. When i switched from Hostcompany to my own, i did not have to give a name of my e/mail server, so they made one up, my ipadres became my webserver, my internet connection and my e/mail. Do you think i can ask them to change that from ip in mail.druifjes.nl=`±>|^^~??????grrrrr

Thomas, if you know anything, please be so kind, and i´m gratefull, to share your great knowledge.

Thanks again and again...

A very desperate and almost killing an emailserver person,

Anne

<P>Thomas,</P> <P>Yes, i do own that ip adress, at least, it was pointed to me by my isp in Holland (xs4all)</P> <P>Now, my question, and i shall not curse, how is it possible if <FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>my settings all checked in this forum and should be ok and still assholes try to make my internet surfing a living hell. I DO NOT SPAM!!!!!!!!!! I HATE IT, (they should punish them harder that criminals) I was hoping that the settings i made (RATS, keyboard is giving strange markings where my arrrrrggggghhhhhhhh'()((___&___(((()(__&_&&%&%&_())(</FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>SHGIT!</FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>I am mad right now. every time i´m here and i want to use special signs like curved hooks and i press shift 9 i get this ) and that makes me BIG and green !!!!</FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Well, these are the settings, again±`semi/colon </FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Relaying control</FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>ON is Do not permit SMTP relaying of non local mail</FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>ON is Use strict local relaying restrictions</FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>ON is Authenticated SMTP connections may relay mail</FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>OFF is Only Authenticated SMTP connections may relay</FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>The connection control above it says 10.0.0.1 til 10.255.255.255 allow and 80.126.108.7 allow. Nothing more.</FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>The authentication password file is filled with everyone in my house, four peeps, and administrators and stuff, nothing more.</FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>I said before that i send a e/mail to abuse at xs4all but they did not bother to send me any reply. I already deleted my e/mail adres and the spam finally is getting to a stop.</FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>The remark you put so kindly in your message about theMX record not valid is not my fault. When i switched from Hostcompany to my own, i did not have to give a name of my e/mail server, so they made one up, my ipadres became my webserver, my internet connection and my e/mail. Do you think i can ask them to change that from ip in mail.druifjes.nl=`±>|^^~??????grrrrr</FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Thomas, if you know anything, please be so kind, and i´m gratefull, to share your great knowledge.</FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Thanks again and again...</FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>A very desperate and almost killing an emailserver person,</FONT></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Anne</FONT></P>

The problem is that spam did come from your IP address on 26 May and it got sent to their spamtrap address. There can be a lot of fake addresses in a spam message but the first received header is generally a valid header.  Now if this IP address is (was) shared by another system on 26 May 2008 then that's the hazards of using a re-usable IP address.

From evgeniy.davie@klatterup.dk Mon May 26 14:23:01 2008

Delivery-date: Mon, 26 May 2008 14:23:01 -0400

Received: from [80.126.108.7] (helo=a80-126-108-7.adsl.xs4all.nl)

by mail.victim.example with esmtp (Exim 4.63)

(envelope-from <evgeniy.davie@klatterup.dk>)

id 1K0hLY-0005pT-U3

for victim@smtp.example; Mon, 26 May 2008 14:23:01 -0400

Received: from [80.126.108.7] by GrandmaDuck.cirque.dk; Mon, 26 May 2008 19:22:17 +0100

To: <victim@smtp.example>

Subject: Harder

Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 19:22:17 +0100

MIME-Version: 1.0

charset="Windows-1252" 

The remark you put so kindly in

your message about the MX record not valid is not my fault. When i

switched from Hostcompany to my own, i did not have to give a name of

my e/mail server, so they made one up, my ipadres became my webserver,

my internet connection and my e/mail. Do you think i can ask them to

change that from ip in mail.druifjes.nl=`±>|^^~??????grrrrr

Neither of the domain names you provided  have been assigned a IP address, only records are CNAMES and MX records.  One of the domain names (preferably druifjes.nl) should be assigned an A record pointing to 80.126.108.7.  Then the MX records should also be set to druifjes.nl instead of the IP address.

&lt;p&gt;The problem is that spam did come from your IP address on 26 May and it got sent to their spamtrap address. There can be a lot of fake addresses in a spam message but the first received header is generally a valid header.&amp;nbsp; Now if this IP address is (was) shared by another system on 26 May 2008 then that&#039;s the hazards of using a re-usable IP address. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;font size=&quot;-1&quot;&gt;From&amp;nbsp;evgeniy.davie@klatterup.dk&amp;nbsp;Mon&amp;nbsp;May&amp;nbsp;26&amp;nbsp;14:23:01&amp;nbsp;2008 Delivery-date:&amp;nbsp;Mon,&amp;nbsp;26&amp;nbsp;May&amp;nbsp;2008&amp;nbsp;14:23:01&amp;nbsp;-0400 Received:&amp;nbsp;from&amp;nbsp;[80.126.108.7]&amp;nbsp;(helo=a80-126-108-7.adsl.xs4all.nl) by&amp;nbsp;mail.victim.example&amp;nbsp;with&amp;nbsp;esmtp&amp;nbsp;(Exim&amp;nbsp;4.63) (envelope-from&amp;nbsp;&amp;lt;evgeniy.davie@klatterup.dk&amp;gt;) id&amp;nbsp;1K0hLY-0005pT-U3 for&amp;nbsp;victim@smtp.example;&amp;nbsp;Mon,&amp;nbsp;26&amp;nbsp;May&amp;nbsp;2008&amp;nbsp;14:23:01&amp;nbsp;-0400 &lt;b&gt;Received:&amp;nbsp;from&amp;nbsp;[80.126.108.7]&amp;nbsp;by&amp;nbsp;GrandmaDuck.cirque.dk;&amp;nbsp;Mon,&amp;nbsp;26&amp;nbsp;May&amp;nbsp;2008&amp;nbsp;19:22:17&amp;nbsp;+0100 &lt;/b&gt; From:&amp;nbsp;&quot;Gail&amp;nbsp;Shook&quot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;lt;evgeniy.davie@klatterup.dk&amp;gt; To:&amp;nbsp;&amp;lt;victim@smtp.example&amp;gt; Subject:&amp;nbsp;Harder Date:&amp;nbsp;Mon,&amp;nbsp;26&amp;nbsp;May&amp;nbsp;2008&amp;nbsp;19:22:17&amp;nbsp;+0100 MIME-Version:&amp;nbsp;1.0 charset=&quot;Windows-1252&quot;&amp;nbsp; &lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;font face=&quot;Times New Roman&quot; size=&quot;3&quot;&gt;The remark you put so kindly in your message about the MX record not valid is not my fault. When i switched from Hostcompany to my own, i did not have to give a name of my e/mail server, so they made one up, my ipadres became my webserver, my internet connection and my e/mail. Do you think i can ask them to change that from ip in mail.druifjes.nl=`&plusmn;&amp;gt;|^^~??????grrrrr&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;Neither of the domain names you provided&amp;nbsp; have been assigned a IP address, only records are CNAMES and MX records.&amp;nbsp; One of the domain names (preferably druifjes.nl) should be assigned an A record pointing to &lt;font size=&quot;-1&quot;&gt;80.126.108.7.&amp;nbsp; Then the MX records should also be set to druifjes.nl instead of the IP address. &amp;nbsp;&lt;b&gt; &lt;/b&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

So Thomas, do you want me to tell my former domain name hoster must change my mail adres MX record from ip adres to mail.druifjes.nl?

If so, i'll do that right away, but i know there's some time between me writing this and you reading it..... i have patience.....

It is also very strange that now i'm at work typing ()*&^^ you know, it is correct, while at home yesterday writing it in the same explorer window on another webbased page i get the signs good as they should be, whilst on this page they seems to deviate from the keyboard... very strange indeed. Never mind that.

I'll send them a mail and ask them if it is possible to change the record, and i hope that this is soon over....

I'll let you know what comes out.

Thanks for helping me out Thomas.... If we were in the pub, i'll buy you a drink! (-:

Anne

&lt;P&gt;So Thomas, do you want me to tell my former domain name hoster must change my mail adres MX record from ip adres to mail.druifjes.nl?&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;If so, i&#039;ll do that right away, but i know there&#039;s some time between me writing this and you reading it..... i have patience.....&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;It is also very strange that now i&#039;m at work typing ()*&amp;amp;^^ you know, it is correct, while at home yesterday writing it in the same explorer window on another webbased page i get the signs good as they should be, whilst on this page they seems to deviate from the keyboard... very strange indeed. Never mind that.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;I&#039;ll send them a mail and ask them if it is possible to change the record, and i hope that this is soon over....&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;I&#039;ll let you know what comes out.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Thanks for helping me out Thomas.... If we were in the pub, i&#039;ll buy you a drink! (-:&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Anne&lt;/P&gt;

Whoever is managing DNS records for the domain druifjes.nl must make this change.  Her's what I get for a whois responce;

Administrative contact:
      HOE032730-INTSU
      R Hoedemakers
      +31 (0)251258370
      admin@budgetwebhosting.nl 

These are the people that should be able to make the required changes.

Personally I would make both  druifjes.nl and mail.druifjes.nl point to the same IP address and then set the MX records to point to these domain or none at all.  You are not required to have a MX record and if the MX record is pointing to the same host it's redundant.   The SMTP system will look for a MX record and if not found connect to the "A" record of the domain.

Actually though the people managing this record should also make a change to the "PTR" record that points to druifjes.nl as well.

Answer Section:
    a80-126-108-7.adsl.xs4all.nl, A, 80.126.108.7

Administrative contact:
      BOS001213-XS4AL
      Cor Bosman
      +31 (0)203987654
      postmaster@xs4all.nl

To give yuo some idea of what the records should look like here, is my domain.

Answer Section:

tstephenson.com, A, 209.128.94.2
    tstephenson.com, MX, 20, mailrelay.bayarea.net
    tstephenson.com, MX, 30, mail.tstephenson.com
    tstephenson.com, MX, 10, mail.tstephenson.com

FWIW the MX records 10 and 30 both point to my server to keep the spammers from easily finding the remote MX host at my ISP.

&lt;p&gt;Whoever is managing DNS records for the domain druifjes.nl must make this change.&amp;nbsp; Her&#039;s what I get for a whois responce;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Administrative contact: &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; HOE032730-INTSU &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; R Hoedemakers &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; +31 (0)251258370 &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; admin@budgetwebhosting.nl&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;These are the people that should be able to make the required changes.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Personally I would make both&amp;nbsp; druifjes.nl and mail.druifjes.nl point to the same IP address and then set the MX records to point to these domain or none at all.&amp;nbsp; You are not required to have a MX record and if the MX record is pointing to the same host it&#039;s redundant.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; The SMTP system will look for a MX record and if not found connect to the &quot;A&quot; record of the domain. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Actually though the people managing this record should also make a change to the &quot;PTR&quot; record that points to druifjes.nl as well. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Answer Section: &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; a80-126-108-7.adsl.xs4all.nl, A, 80.126.108.7&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Administrative contact: &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; BOS001213-XS4AL &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Cor Bosman &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; +31 (0)203987654 &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; postmaster@xs4all.nl &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;To give yuo some idea of what the records should look like here, is my domain.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Answer Section: &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; tstephenson.com, A, 209.128.94.2 &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; tstephenson.com, MX, 20, mailrelay.bayarea.net &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; tstephenson.com, MX, 30, mail.tstephenson.com &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; tstephenson.com, MX, 10, mail.tstephenson.com&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;FWIW the MX records 10 and 30 both point to my server to keep the spammers from easily finding the remote MX host at my ISP. &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Thomas,

Thanks for your info.... Could you check things for me again? I had a few mails send to the domain people and they changed it somehow.

If there's still a problem in your point of view, i'm willing to take the pencil again and write them about it.

Let me know what your findings are....

Thanks

Anne

Ps. what is that PTR record? and how can i make more redirections like you have (MX records) i know that it's part of DNS but what is its purpose...you have a A-record, a MX-record etc... i really have to dig into this...

&lt;P&gt;Thomas, &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Thanks for your info.... Could you check things for me again? I had a few mails send to the domain&amp;nbsp;people and they changed&amp;nbsp;it somehow. &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;If there&#039;s still a problem in your point of view, i&#039;m willing to take the pencil again and write them about it.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Let me know what your findings are....&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Thanks&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Anne&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Ps. what is that PTR record? and how can i make more redirections like you have (MX records) i know that it&#039;s part of DNS but what is its purpose...you have a A-record, a MX-record etc... i really have to dig into this...&lt;/P&gt;

[quote user="anne"]

Thomas,

Thanks for your info.... Could you check things for me again? I had a few mails send to the domain people and they changed it somehow.

If there's still a problem in your point of view, i'm willing to take the pencil again and write them about it.

Let me know what your findings are....

Thanks

Anne

Looks good here. The domain points to both a valid MX record and A record. 

Answer Section:
    druifjes.nl, A, 80.126.108.7
    druifjes.nl, MX, 1, mail.druifjes.nl
    druifjes.nl, NS, ns2.budgetpowerserver.nl
    druifjes.nl, NS, ns1.budgetpowerserver.nl
Authority Records Section:
    druifjes.nl, NS, ns2.budgetpowerserver.nl
    druifjes.nl, NS, ns1.budgetpowerserver.nl
Additional Records Section:
    mail.druifjes.nl, A, 80.126.108.7

Ps. what is that PTR record?

A PTR record is a text record in the DNS system that usually points to the domain name, i.e. Reverse DNS.  It is to be human readable is supposed to be used when trouble shooting to get the domain so you can talk to them to fix a problem.  Here's the PTR record for 80.126.108.7, in this case it points to the owner of the  IP address. Actually these are the people that can do something about a TCP/IP type problem as well. ;-)

Answer Section:

The problem is many people nowadays use the Reverse DNS  to compare the connecting IP address to the connecting greeting.  If you could get this changed to mail.druifjes.nl and/or druifjes.nl it might help in some instances.  It's neither required by the RFCs nor does it make much sence when multiple host names point to the same IP address but it's something to think about.

and how can i make more redirections like you have (MX records)

You would need to have others provide MX services.  It does not make any sense at all to provide MX services at the same location since the MX services are there to provide a place to deliver the mail when they cannot connect to your system.  Normally these MX services are provided by your ISP.  There are a number of other places on the net that will do this for a small fee though.  Here's one often used in the US, about ~$US30 annually.  http://www.dyndns.com/services/mailhop/backupmx.html

[/quote]
[quote user=&quot;anne&quot;]&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thomas, &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks for your info.... Could you check things for me again? I had a few mails send to the domain&amp;nbsp;people and they changed&amp;nbsp;it somehow. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If there&#039;s still a problem in your point of view, i&#039;m willing to take the pencil again and write them about it.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Let me know what your findings are....&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Anne&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;Looks good here. The domain points to both a valid MX record and A record.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Answer Section: &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; druifjes.nl, A, 80.126.108.7 &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; druifjes.nl, MX, 1, mail.druifjes.nl &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; druifjes.nl, NS, ns2.budgetpowerserver.nl &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; druifjes.nl, NS, ns1.budgetpowerserver.nl Authority Records Section: &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; druifjes.nl, NS, ns2.budgetpowerserver.nl &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; druifjes.nl, NS, ns1.budgetpowerserver.nl Additional Records Section: &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; mail.druifjes.nl, A, 80.126.108.7 &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;Ps. what is that PTR record? &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;A PTR record is a text record in the DNS system that usually points to the domain name, i.e. Reverse DNS.&amp;nbsp; It is to be human readable is supposed to be used when trouble shooting to get the domain so you can talk to them to fix a problem.&amp;nbsp; Here&#039;s the PTR record for 80.126.108.7, in this case it points to the owner of the&amp;nbsp; IP address. Actually these are the people that can do something about a TCP/IP type problem as well. ;-) &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Answer Section: &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; 7.108.126.80.IN-ADDR.ARPA, PTR, a80-126-108-7.adsl.xs4all.nl &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The problem is many people nowadays use the Reverse DNS&amp;nbsp; to compare the connecting IP address to the connecting greeting.&amp;nbsp; If you could get this changed to mail.druifjes.nl and/or druifjes.nl it might help in some instances.&amp;nbsp; It&#039;s neither required by the RFCs nor does it make much sence when multiple host names point to the same IP address but it&#039;s something to think about.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;and how can i make more redirections like you have (MX records)&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;You would need to have others provide MX services.&amp;nbsp; It does not make any sense at all to provide MX services at the same location since the MX services are there to provide a place to deliver the mail when they cannot connect to your system.&amp;nbsp; Normally these MX services are provided by your ISP.&amp;nbsp; There are a number of other places on the net that will do this for a small fee though.&amp;nbsp; Here&#039;s one often used in the US, about ~$US30 annually.&amp;nbsp; http://www.dyndns.com/services/mailhop/backupmx.html &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;[/quote]

[quote]

A PTR record is a text record in the DNS system that usually points to the domain name, i.e. Reverse DNS.  It is to be human readable is supposed to be used when trouble shooting to get the domain so you can talk to them to fix a problem.  Here's the PTR record for 80.126.108.7, in this case it points to the owner of the  IP address. Actually these are the people that can do something about a TCP/IP type problem as well. ;-)

Answer Section:

The problem is many people nowadays use the Reverse DNS  to compare the connecting IP address to the connecting greeting.  If you could get this changed to mail.druifjes.nl and/or druifjes.nl it might help in some instances.  It's neither required by the RFCs nor does it make much sence when multiple host names point to the same IP address but it's something to think about.

[/quote]

Ah, i see, so when i ask my ISP XS4ALL to make also a MX record of mail.druifjes.nl it doubles the possibility to reach my mailserver, do i get that one right?

[quote]

You would need to have others provide MX services.  It does not make any sense at all to provide MX services at the same location since the MX services are there to provide a place to deliver the mail when they cannot connect to your system.  Normally these MX services are provided by your ISP.  There are a number of other places on the net that will do this for a small fee though.  Here's one often used in the US, about ~$US30 annually.  http://www.dyndns.com/services/mailhop/backupmx.html

[/quote]

So, this PTR,reversed record can also be at my ISP and not needed at my domain name hoster (budgetwebhosting.nl) because the spreading is better than stuck in one place. Am i right or totally wrong?

Anne

&lt;P&gt;[quote]&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Ps. what is that PTR record? &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;A PTR record is a text record in the DNS system that usually points to the domain name, i.e. Reverse DNS.&amp;nbsp; It is to be human readable is supposed to be used when trouble shooting to get the domain so you can talk to them to fix a problem.&amp;nbsp; Here&#039;s the PTR record for 80.126.108.7, in this case it points to the owner of the&amp;nbsp; IP address. Actually these are the people that can do something about a TCP/IP type problem as well. ;-) &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Answer Section: &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; 7.108.126.80.IN-ADDR.ARPA, PTR, a80-126-108-7.adsl.xs4all.nl &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;The problem is many people nowadays use the Reverse DNS&amp;nbsp; to compare the connecting IP address to the connecting greeting.&amp;nbsp; If you could get this changed to mail.druifjes.nl and/or druifjes.nl it might help in some instances.&amp;nbsp; It&#039;s neither required by the RFCs nor does it make much sence when multiple host names point to the same IP address but it&#039;s something to think about.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;[/quote]&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Ah, i see, so when i ask my ISP XS4ALL to make also a MX record of mail.druifjes.nl it doubles the possibility to reach my mailserver, do i get that one right?&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;[quote] &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;and how can i make more redirections like you have (MX records)&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;You would need to have others provide MX services.&amp;nbsp; It does not make any sense at all to provide MX services at the same location since the MX services are there to provide a place to deliver the mail when they cannot connect to your system.&amp;nbsp; Normally these MX services are provided by your ISP.&amp;nbsp; There are a number of other places on the net that will do this for a small fee though.&amp;nbsp; Here&#039;s one often used in the US, about ~$US30 annually.&amp;nbsp; &lt;A href=&quot;http://www.dyndns.com/services/mailhop/backupmx.html&quot; mce_href=&quot;http://www.dyndns.com/services/mailhop/backupmx.html&quot;&gt;http://www.dyndns.com/services/mailhop/backupmx.html&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;[/quote]&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;So, this PTR,reversed record can also be at my ISP and not needed at my domain name hoster (budgetwebhosting.nl) because the spreading is better than stuck in one place. Am i right or totally wrong?&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Anne&lt;/P&gt;

Thomas,

I tried to quote you but that turned out wrong... so i'm doing it Italic....

Answer Section:

Ah, i see, so when i ask my ISP XS4ALL to make also a MX record of mail.druifjes.nl it doubles the possibility to reach my mailserver, do i get that one right?

So, this PTR,reversed record can also be at my ISP and not needed at my domain name hoster (budgetwebhosting.nl) because the spreading is better than stuck in one place. Am i right or totally wrong?

Thanks again Thomas...

Anne

&lt;P&gt;Thomas, &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;I tried to quote you but that turned out wrong... so i&#039;m doing it Italic....&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&lt;EM&gt;Ps. what is that PTR record? &lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&lt;EM&gt;A PTR record is a text record in the DNS system that usually points to the domain name, i.e. Reverse DNS.&amp;nbsp; It is to be human readable is supposed to be used when trouble shooting to get the domain so you can talk to them to fix a problem.&amp;nbsp; Here&#039;s the PTR record for 80.126.108.7, in this case it points to the owner of the&amp;nbsp; IP address. Actually these are the people that can do something about a TCP/IP type problem as well. ;-) &lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&lt;EM&gt;Answer Section: &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; 7.108.126.80.IN-ADDR.ARPA, PTR, a80-126-108-7.adsl.xs4all.nl &lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&lt;EM&gt;The problem is many people nowadays use the Reverse DNS&amp;nbsp; to compare the connecting IP address to the connecting greeting.&amp;nbsp; If you could get this changed to mail.druifjes.nl and/or druifjes.nl it might help in some instances.&amp;nbsp; It&#039;s neither required by the RFCs nor does it make much sence when multiple host names point to the same IP address but it&#039;s something to think about.&lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Ah, i see, so when i ask my ISP XS4ALL to make also a MX record of mail.druifjes.nl it doubles the possibility to reach my mailserver, do i get that one right?&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&lt;EM&gt;and how can i make more redirections like you have (MX records)&lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&lt;EM&gt;You would need to have others provide MX services.&amp;nbsp; It does not make any sense at all to provide MX services at the same location since the MX services are there to provide a place to deliver the mail when they cannot connect to your system.&amp;nbsp; Normally these MX services are provided by your ISP.&amp;nbsp; There are a number of other places on the net that will do this for a small fee though.&amp;nbsp; Here&#039;s one often used in the US, about ~$US30 annually.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/EM&gt;&lt;A href=&quot;http://www.dyndns.com/services/mailhop/backupmx.html&quot; mce_href=&quot;http://www.dyndns.com/services/mailhop/backupmx.html&quot;&gt;&lt;EM&gt;http://www.dyndns.com/services/mailhop/backupmx.html&lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;So, this PTR,reversed record can also be at my ISP and not needed at my domain name hoster (budgetwebhosting.nl) because the spreading is better than stuck in one place. Am i right or totally wrong?&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Thanks again Thomas...&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Anne&lt;/P&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft