Community Discussions and Support
Sound notification

IIRC, the system uses the ~a to identify the current location so you could put the wav file in the home mail directory and use the ~a.

Here's some more information about substitutions and it looks like my memory is faulty.  ;-)

Most of the entries in this screen which accept strings allow
you to use special command substitution characters in the strings:
these are like "escape sequences" which will cause PMail to perform
some substitution at run-time. Command substitutions always begin
with a tilde (~) character, and are always two characters long.
The following command substitutions are recognised:

This sequence...   Is replaced with this value

~c       The full path to the file containing the message
   ~t       The address to which to send this message
            (note: this is not necessarily the To: field)
   ~s       The message's subject field
   ~f       The full form of the message's "from" field
   ~n       The sender's user name in its simplest form
   ~b       The sender's bindery id, as a long hex integer
   ~8       The first 8 chars in the sender's username
   ~y       The time and date in RFC-822 format
   ~d       A random integer, expressed as 4 hex digits
   ~q       Y if this message is a BCC, N otherwise
   ~%name%  The value of the environment variable %name%.
   ~p       The user's personal name preference
   ~x       The name.ext ONLY of the container file (no path)
   ~a       The directory from which PMail was run (or base directory)
   ~h       The current user's home mailbox location
   ~w       The current user's new mail location
   ~~       A single tilde character.

<p>IIRC, the system uses the ~a to identify the current location so you could put the wav file in the home mail directory and use the ~a.</p><p>Here's some more information about substitutions and it looks like my memory is faulty.  ;-) </p><p> </p><p><b>Most of the entries in this screen which accept strings allow you to use special command substitution characters in the strings: these are like "escape sequences" which will cause PMail to perform some substitution at run-time. Command substitutions always begin with a tilde (~) character, and are always two characters long. The following command substitutions are recognised:    This sequence...   Is replaced with this value    ~c       The full path to the file containing the message    ~t       The address to which to send this message             (note: this is not necessarily the To: field)    ~s       The message's subject field    ~f       The full form of the message's "from" field    ~n       The sender's user name in its simplest form    ~b       The sender's bindery id, as a long hex integer    ~8       The first 8 chars in the sender's username    ~y       The time and date in RFC-822 format    ~d       A random integer, expressed as 4 hex digits    ~q       Y if this message is a BCC, N otherwise    ~%name%  The value of the environment variable %name%.    ~p       The user's personal name preference    ~x       The name.ext ONLY of the container file (no path)    ~a       The directory from which PMail was run (or base directory)    ~h       The current user's home mailbox location    ~w       The current user's new mail location    ~~       A single tilde character. </b> </p>

Hi

A quick enquiry regarding notification of new mail.  Is there any way of using a relative folder location for the .wav file?  I am running Pegasus from my USB memory stick, which works perfectly, but because the drive letter the stick is assigned on various computers differs, I can't set a notification sound.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Thanks for a great piece of software.

Stephen 

<P>Hi</P> <P>A quick enquiry regarding notification of new mail.  Is there any way of using a relative folder location for the .wav file?  I am running Pegasus from my USB memory stick, which works perfectly, but because the drive letter the stick is assigned on various computers differs, I can't set a notification sound.</P> <P>Any suggestions would be gratefully received!</P> <P>Thanks for a great piece of software.</P> <P>Stephen  </P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft