Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus incorrectly indexing by date

[quote user="Bill Parlin"]I'll look at my internet security software and see if it gives me any specific options on handling the email folders. I'm hesitant to tell it to ignore these folders, since alot of viruses and worms are being detected.[/quote]

Be aware that if it finds a virus in a folder, it may delete or quarantine all the messages in that folder. There is a Pegasus Mail addon that allows safe message scanning with most anti-virus programs.

Having said that, I'm not sure what's causing your index problem, but I see from another post that you are upgrading to the latest version, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

<P>[quote user="Bill Parlin"]I'll look at my internet security software and see if it gives me any specific options on handling the email folders. I'm hesitant to tell it to ignore these folders, since alot of viruses and worms are being detected.[/quote]</P> <P>Be aware that if it finds a virus in a folder, it may delete or quarantine all the messages in that folder. There is a Pegasus Mail addon that allows safe message scanning with most anti-virus programs.</P> <P>Having said that, I'm not sure what's causing your index problem, but I see from another post that you are upgrading to the latest version, so we'll see if that makes a difference.</P>

Hello everyone,

I've been a loyal Pegasus user for several years and many-many gigs of emails. Whenever my "Deleted" folder reaches about 1.5gb in size, I rename it, archive it, and allow Pegasus to create a new one automatically. This has been working fine.

Well, I did that a couple of days ago, and Pegasus is now listing/indexing the emails incorrectly (by date). Actually, it was indexing incorrectly even before I archived my deleted folder (so I know this didnt cause the problem). I have tried to toggle the sort by ascending and then descending dates, but it doesnt help. There are groups of dates that are entirely out of sequence. Some individual emails are inserted in strange places, too.

Proper indexing (by date) is very important to me, because I'm often having to go look for emails from weeks or months ago.

I am running Kaspersky Internet Security, which scans all emails and traffic, and wondering if maybe that is somehow interfering. I was just about to re-install Pegasus (I am currently running v4.21c) but thought to ask you folks for help, first.

This is very important to me, so any help would be very much apppreciated  :)

Thanks,

Bill

<P>Hello everyone,</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>I've been a loyal Pegasus user for several years and many-many gigs of emails. Whenever my "Deleted" folder reaches about 1.5gb in size, I rename it, archive it, and allow Pegasus to create a new one automatically. This has been working fine.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Well, I did that a couple of days ago, and Pegasus is now listing/indexing the emails incorrectly (by date). Actually, it was indexing incorrectly even before I archived my deleted folder (so I know this didnt cause the problem). I have tried to toggle the sort by ascending and then descending dates, but it doesnt help. There are groups of dates that are entirely out of sequence. Some individual emails are inserted in strange places, too.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Proper indexing (by date) is very important to me, because I'm often having to go look for emails from weeks or months ago.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>I am running Kaspersky Internet Security, which scans all emails and traffic, and wondering if maybe that is somehow interfering. I was just about to re-install Pegasus (I am currently running v4.21c) but thought to ask you folks for help, first.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>This is very important to me, so any help would be very much apppreciated  :)</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Thanks,</P> <P>Bill</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Have you tried to reindex the folder?  Does it contain more than 64K of messages?

I have not experienced this problem, but I would try by excluding the folders from real-time anti-virus scanning.

<P>Have you tried to reindex the folder?  Does it contain more than 64K of messages?</P> <P>I have not experienced this problem, but I would try by excluding the folders from real-time anti-virus scanning.</P>

Paul,

My Deleted folder currently contains only 177 emails, because I recently renamed and archived the old folder in an attempt to fix this problem. The date-ordering problem started right up again.

Yes, I've right-clicked on the Deleted folder and "re-indexed" it. No change.

I'll look at my internet security software and see if it gives me any specific options on handling the email folders. I'm hesitant to tell it to ignore these folders, since alot of viruses and worms are being detected.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Bill

<P>Paul,</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>My Deleted folder currently contains only 177 emails, because I recently renamed and archived the old folder in an attempt to fix this problem. The date-ordering problem started right up again. </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Yes, I've right-clicked on the Deleted folder and "re-indexed" it. No change.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>I'll look at my internet security software and see if it gives me any specific options on handling the email folders. I'm hesitant to tell it to ignore these folders, since alot of viruses and worms are being detected. </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Thanks for your suggestion!</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Bill</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft