Community Discussions and Support
To be continued: "Copy to self" folder not being used by Pmail anymore.

Hello again,

Your tip about Ordnerstatistik was very usefull, tnxx[Y] It gives one the feeling getting control about your own mail.

I managed to get 52 mails from the new mail folder back, and the copied "Copies to self" folder contained even the forwarded mail actions I did, to save as much as possible. Strange the folder seemed to be empty when working in PM. In a glance I saw several send mail that was important for me. It will take a little more time to sort it out.

However, for those who want to do the same trick: Don't forget to copy the corresponding *.PMI file also. Add a new user to your PM and delete the "Copies to self" folder in advance, because it is not allowed to have  a second one. Rename the found *.PMM and *.PMI files and copy/paste (or cut/paste if you are Daredevil:-) in the new Usermailbox. Seems to be a little  more work than nescesary, but in my case  I was already working  as a new user  and need the extra time /space  to  sort the corresponding mailboxes. But I cannot allow myself to loose more mails, so this is the fastest rescueaction I can manage for the moment. For me it gives also the extra insight in how PM works.

Markus, thanks again, untill we meet again, Boy

<p>Hello again,</p><p> Your tip about Ordnerstatistik was very usefull, tnxx[Y] It gives one the feeling getting control about your own mail.</p><p>I managed to get 52 mails from the new mail folder back, and the copied "Copies to self" folder contained even the forwarded mail actions I did, to save as much as possible. Strange the folder seemed to be empty when working in PM. In a glance I saw several send mail that was important for me. It will take a little more time to sort it out.</p><p>However, for those who want to do the same trick: Don't forget to copy the corresponding *.PMI file also. Add a new user to your PM and delete the "Copies to self" folder in advance, because it is not allowed to have  a second one. Rename the found *.PMM and *.PMI files and copy/paste (or cut/paste if you are Daredevil:-) in the new Usermailbox. Seems to be a little  more work than nescesary, but in my case  I was already working  as a new user  and need the extra time /space  to  sort the corresponding mailboxes. But I cannot allow myself to loose more mails, so this is the fastest rescueaction I can manage for the moment. For me it gives also the extra insight in how PM works. </p><p>Markus, thanks again, untill we meet again, Boy  </p>

After using Pmail for 13 years now, this is my first major problem!! And I can't find the solution, so HELP wanted BADLY:-)

It looks like Pmail stopped sending copy's to my Copies to Self folder. The folder in de folder structure contains always the same number of messages since 27 march. (998 messages) Instead of that, there are 3 TAB's at the bottom: 1 is the actual message, 2 copies to self, containing 1016 messages, including the ones send after 27 march untill now, 3 is folders new mail. I removed these TAB's by double clicking the little icon in the left top corner (just below the pegasus-icon) And now I even don't get the copies to self TAB back that contains the 1016 messages. No changes are made to the system by means of new installations, everything else seems to be normal. What have I done/checked already:

There is no copy of the folder "Copies to self".

The original folder renamed to Old copy to self

The folder contains 998 messages until 27 march

Tools, Options, Copies to self(outbox)>Default=Copies to self

Tools, Options, Copies to self(outbox)>Interactive boxes=not checked

Tools, Options, Copies to self(outbox)>No edit rules

In the "New message" window, the only option in the toolbar checked=Copy to self

This seems normal to me, but everything else works, even after changing options etc. The only thing I changed, is renaming the old directory because I was afraid to loose the messages while experimenting to get it going again.

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong or how I activated the TAB's, better still: how do I get rid of them:-)?

Tnxx a lot, Boy, The Netherlands

<p>After using Pmail for 13 years now, this is my first major problem!! And I can't find the solution, so HELP wanted BADLY:-)</p><p> It looks like Pmail stopped sending copy's to my Copies to Self folder. The folder in de folder structure contains always the same number of messages since 27 march. (998 messages) Instead of that, there are 3 TAB's at the bottom: 1 is the actual message, 2 copies to self, containing 1016 messages, including the ones send after 27 march untill now, 3 is folders new mail. I removed these TAB's by double clicking the little icon in the left top corner (just below the pegasus-icon) And now I even don't get the copies to self TAB back that contains the 1016 messages. No changes are made to the system by means of new installations, everything else seems to be normal. What have I done/checked already:</p><p>There is no copy of the folder "Copies to self".</p><p>The original folder renamed to Old copy to self</p><p>The folder contains 998 messages until 27 march </p><p>Tools, Options, Copies to self(outbox)>Default=Copies to self</p><p>Tools, Options, Copies to self(outbox)>Interactive boxes=not checked</p><p>Tools, Options, Copies to self(outbox)>No edit rules</p><p>In the "New message" window, the only option in the toolbar checked=Copy to self</p><p>This seems normal to me, but everything else works, even after changing options etc. The only thing I changed, is renaming the old directory because I was afraid to loose the messages while experimenting to get it going again.</p><p> </p><p>Can anyone tell me what I did wrong or how I activated the TAB's, better still: how do I get rid of them:-)?</p><p>Tnxx a lot, Boy, The Netherlands  </p>

It seems to be a difficult or maybe "not noticed before problem" Yet it is  very annoying. After being supported via private mail by one of the Dutch international moderators, for which help I want to thank Phons gratefully, I had to do something smart. Neither the AVG- or any other forum has a solution, although there seem to be a couple of related problems (also with Thunderbird). In the worstcase scenarios, you stay with empty folders (New mail, Deleted files or Copies to self)  and you lose messages. Be aware of suspiscious behaviour and make copies or rename the unstable folders immediately, because any other way of trying to solve the problem, by altering system- and/or archivefiles from Pmail, will result in loss of data in most cases.

Before that: there is also a confusing sentence in the helpfiles:

[*] Solution: run Pegasus Mail, and press <^L> to select a folder; choose "Check tray list"from the Folders menu. This instructs Pegasus Mail to look for any folders which might be missing from your hierarchy and add them to it.

This option doesn't exist. Maybe in an older version, but not in V4.41 So where-ever I mentioned this option, forget it!! This is what I have done:

Yet  I have Pegasus installed again, after renaming the old home dir (PMAIL) The exact location of your own (if not installed as standard e,g, C:\PMAIL) is to be found in the "Info" link about Pegasus under the Help menu.). Before doing so, I thought that

it would be smart to create a multiuser account with two fake accounts. On

all three accounts I have created a working "Copies to self" folder

until the deposit of the content from PMAIL in the home mailbox from 1 of the accounts. Then

suddenly "Copies to self" no longer works. Therefore I can assume the fault is not in the installation itself, but somewhere in some file in

the old directory.

The only thing left to do now, is forwarding all the messages from the infected

mail account to 1 of the functioning one's. At this stage you can choose to send them seperately or boxed in one big envelope, that depends on what your future use is. Delete the infected account with its directory or leave it for future experimenting/solutions.

For now, I cannot find any connection with AVG 8, as suggested in some threads, because I installed its update much later than 27 march. Besides that, neither the scanhistory, -logs or vault contain any Pmail files, archives or whatever. Even in my backups with the old scan logs from AVG7 , there is no such thing. I hate to say, I decided at one point to take it for granted, the update version from Pmail didn't have a Dutch translation, and I upgraded to V4.0x because of the nicer looks and 32-speed. I couldn't get rid of the empty old  folders and I lost mail after compressing trays/folders because PMail crashed while doing so. I blamed the computer for that moment. After another crash, I upgraded to V4.41 (which I had to re-install again within 2 working days and losing again two days mail) Still I didn't suspect Pmail for the malfunctioning, but I wonder if I will be a happy user in the future...

If anyone has the same problems, or spooky folders (empty) tell us what you have done. Maybe even suggestions or couldbe-solutions and feel free to correct me in matters of languistic faults or sticky opinions...I'm not a native speaker and always happy to learn.

Happy Pmailing, Boy

&lt;p&gt;It seems to be a difficult or maybe &quot;not noticed before problem&quot; Yet it is&amp;nbsp; very annoying. After being supported via private mail by one of the Dutch international moderators, for which help I want to thank Phons gratefully, I had to do something smart. Neither the AVG- or any other forum has a solution, although there seem to be a couple of related problems (also with Thunderbird). In the worstcase scenarios, you stay with empty folders (New mail, Deleted files or Copies to self)&amp;nbsp; and you lose messages. Be aware of suspiscious behaviour and make copies or rename the unstable folders immediately, because any other way of trying to solve the problem, by altering system- and/or archivefiles from Pmail, will result in loss of data in most cases. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Before that: there is also a confusing sentence in the helpfiles:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;i&gt;[*] Solution: run Pegasus Mail, and press &amp;lt;^L&amp;gt; to select a folder; choose &quot;Check tray list&quot;from the Folders menu. This instructs Pegasus Mail to look for any folders which might be missing from your hierarchy and add them to it. &lt;/i&gt; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;This option doesn&#039;t exist. Maybe in an older version, but not in V4.41 So where-ever I mentioned this option, forget it!! This is what I have done:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Yet&amp;nbsp; I have Pegasus installed again, after renaming the old home dir (PMAIL) The exact location of your own (if not installed as standard e,g, C:\PMAIL) is to be found in the &quot;Info&quot; link about Pegasus under the Help menu.). Before doing so, I thought that it would be smart to create a multiuser account with two fake accounts. On all three accounts I have created a working &quot;Copies to self&quot; folder until the deposit of the content from PMAIL in the home mailbox from 1 of the accounts. Then suddenly &quot;Copies to self&quot; no longer works. Therefore I can assume the fault is not in the installation itself, but somewhere in some file in the old directory. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The only thing left to do now, is forwarding all the messages from the infected mail account to 1 of the functioning one&#039;s. At this stage you can choose to send them seperately or boxed in one big envelope, that depends on what your future use is. Delete the infected account with its directory or leave it for future experimenting/solutions. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;For now, I cannot find any connection with AVG 8, as suggested in some threads, because I installed its update much later than 27 march. Besides that, neither the scanhistory, -logs or vault contain any Pmail files, archives or whatever. Even in my backups with the old scan logs from AVG7 , there is no such thing. I hate to say, I decided at one point to take it for granted, the update version from Pmail didn&#039;t have a Dutch translation, and I upgraded to V4.0x because of the nicer looks and 32-speed. I couldn&#039;t get rid of the empty old&amp;nbsp; folders and I lost mail after compressing trays/folders because PMail crashed while doing so. I blamed the computer for that moment. After another crash, I upgraded to V4.41 (which I had to re-install again within 2 working days and losing again two days mail) Still I didn&#039;t suspect Pmail for the malfunctioning, but I wonder if I will be a happy user in the future...&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;If anyone has the same problems, or spooky folders (empty) tell us what you have done. Maybe even suggestions or couldbe-solutions and feel free to correct me in matters of languistic faults or sticky opinions...I&#039;m not a native speaker and always happy to learn.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Happy Pmailing, Boy &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

My copy self folder was killed by AVG8 during a scan recently. It was not on the first, but on the second scan after the installation. I lost all of it's content, because the folder contained an "eicar-test virus file". AVG showed in the log that the file was put into the vault, but I could not find it there. Apparently the file was larger then the 5MB's supported by AVG's vault. However it did show up in the log of AVG. I have tried several tools to find "cancelled" files on the HDD, without any success.

You can also try to download this German extention Odnerstatistik - Il will show up in your extention manager in Pegasus Mail after the installation as "Ordner-Statistik" and in your maildirectory as listpmme.fff and allows you to see the actual names for each PMM file and it's size. Maybe this helps you to locate the correct PMM folder (unless AVG has already cancelled it as in my case)

&lt;p&gt;My copy self folder was killed by AVG8 during a scan recently. It was not on the first, but on the second scan after the installation. I lost all of it&#039;s content, because the folder contained an &quot;eicar-test virus file&quot;. AVG showed in the log that the file was put into the vault, but I could not find it there. Apparently the file was larger then the 5MB&#039;s supported by AVG&#039;s vault. However it did show up in the log of AVG. I have tried several tools to find &quot;cancelled&quot; files on the HDD, without any success.&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;You can also try to download this German extention &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.mailhilfe.de/tools-cat-9.html&quot; mce_href=&quot;http://www.mailhilfe.de/tools-cat-9.html&quot;&gt;Odnerstatistik&lt;/a&gt; - Il will show up in your extention manager in Pegasus Mail after the installation as &quot;Ordner-Statistik&quot; and in your maildirectory as listpmme.fff and allows you to see the actual names for each PMM file and it&#039;s size. Maybe this helps you to locate the correct PMM folder (unless AVG has already cancelled it as in my case) &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Hello Markus,

thank you for the tip! I'll try it at once, after today, also my New Mail folder is empty!! Yesterday it contained over 220 emails, still to be redirected, answered, looked into, whatever...it is too late! This is not funny anymore. I was still busy, forwarding all the content of my folders and picking them up with another identity in my freshly installed PM. This sucks, I still have over 1500 emails to manage this way. My mailbox doesn't accept more than aprox. 200 mails, so I have to chop all the content in blocks from 200 mails. Lots of attachments are gone.

Hopefully I'll find a solution for this, otherwise I'm out off buisiness.

You'll hear from me, greetings, Boy

&lt;p&gt;Hello Markus,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;thank you for the tip! I&#039;ll try it at once, after today, also my New Mail folder is empty!! Yesterday it contained over 220 emails, still to be redirected, answered, looked into, whatever...it is too late! This is not funny anymore. I was still busy, forwarding all the content of my folders and picking them up with another identity in my freshly installed PM. This sucks, I still have over 1500 emails to manage this way. My mailbox doesn&#039;t accept more than aprox. 200 mails, so I have to chop all the content in blocks from 200 mails. Lots of attachments are gone.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Hopefully I&#039;ll find a solution for this, otherwise I&#039;m out off buisiness.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; You&#039;ll hear from me, greetings, Boy &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft