Community Discussions and Support
Changing Password

You can change the password from

TOOLS -> INTERNET OPTIONS -> RECEIVING POP3 -> EDIT THE HOST AND GIVE A NEW PASSWORD YOU HAVE MENTIONED FOR YOUR SERVER.

<P>You can change the password from</P> <P> TOOLS -> INTERNET OPTIONS -> RECEIVING POP3 -> EDIT THE HOST AND GIVE A NEW PASSWORD YOU HAVE MENTIONED FOR YOUR SERVER.</P>

Recently my e-mail server at unb.ca required me to change my password in their system.  From then on, Pegasus could not download messages to my machine (although it could still send messages out via SMTP). I tried entering the same password as entered into unb.ca but I still get an error message relating to incorrect password.  The manual speaks of password encryption and I'm wordering if the old password is squirreled away somewhere and needs to be replaced, but I can't find any instructions on how to do that.  Any help would be appreciated.

On another subject, I appreciate Mr. Harris' philosophy in providing a program (a GOOD program) in the way he has been. If a nominal charge has to be made in order to continue, then so be it.

Wendell Hillman,

whillman@unb.ca

<P>   Recently my e-mail server at unb.ca required me to change my password in their system.  From then on, Pegasus could not download messages to my machine (although it could still send messages out via SMTP). I tried entering the same password as entered into unb.ca but I still get an error message relating to incorrect password.  The manual speaks of password encryption and I'm wordering if the old password is squirreled away somewhere and needs to be replaced, but I can't find any instructions on how to do that.  Any help would be appreciated.</P> <P>   On another subject, I appreciate Mr. Harris' philosophy in providing a program (a GOOD program) in the way he has been. If a nominal charge has to be made in order to continue, then so be it.</P> <P>                       Wendell Hillman,</P> <P>                       whillman@unb.ca</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft