Community Discussions and Support
HOWTO recover lost messages in V4.21

Well when a disk crash / disk full situation is involved, there is very little that can be done by the programs using the disk.

First of all, but you will have done that, make sure you got plenty of diskspace.

I doubt if you can recover mails, If the folder information (in the right mouse menu) gives a size that is matching the total size of the messages then you have bad luck. If the filesize on disk is much larger then the messages do expect it to be, there might be a possibility. In any case make sure to make a copy of the pmi and pmm file involved.

<p>Well when a disk crash / disk full situation is involved, there is very little that can be done by the programs using the disk. </p><p>First of all, but you will have done that, make sure you got plenty of diskspace.</p><p>I doubt if you can recover mails, If the folder information (in the right mouse menu) gives a size that is matching the total size of the messages then you have bad luck. If the filesize on disk is much larger then the messages do expect it to be, there might be a possibility. In any case make sure to make a copy of the pmi and pmm file involved.</p><p>  </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Well, I had way too much email...I'm a packrat. While using Pmail, I ran out of diskspace on the C: partition were PMail resides.

This is how I think it went... After reading a message in my MAILBIN folder (containing hundreds of messages/attachments), I tried to switch to NEW MAIL folder. I got a message box indicating that there was a problem with the MAILBIN folder (can't remember the exact text).

I ran the check consistancy option on MAILBIN, then reindexed the same.

BANG !!

All but 7 of the hundreds of messages had disappeared.

Is there a procedure to recover the messages ?

Thanks,

Dennis

Well, I had way too much email...I'm a packrat. While using Pmail, I ran out of diskspace on the C: partition were PMail resides. This is how I think it went... After reading a message in my MAILBIN folder (containing hundreds of messages/attachments), I tried to switch to NEW MAIL folder. I got a message box indicating that there was a problem with the MAILBIN folder (can't remember the exact text). I ran the check consistancy option on MAILBIN, then reindexed the same. BANG !! All but 7 of the hundreds of messages had disappeared. Is there a procedure to recover the messages ? Thanks, Dennis
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft