Community Discussions and Support
Understandingproblems and configuration

Or a better use of alias so the X-Envelope-To: address of the delivered message is a full SMTP email address.  ;-) 

Alias: abuse@homesweethome.de
Real address: admin@homesweethome.de

<p>Or a better use of alias so the X-Envelope-To: address of the delivered message is a full SMTP email address.  ;-)  </p> <blockquote><b><i>Alias: abuse@homesweethome.de</i> </b><i><b>Real address: admin@homesweethome.de</b> </i></blockquote>  <p> </p>

Hello,

(sorry for my terrible English, hope you can understand this)

Since a few days I try to install Mercury/32, v4.62

But it seems, I've many problems to understand how to configure it.

Perhaps, you can help me to find the right configurations.

Situation:

fix IP: 123.123.123.123

MX-DNS: mail.homesweethome.de

Domains: homesweethome.de; home.de

intern servername: Selune  (selune.local.homesweenhome.de)

Windows-domain: local.homesweethome.de

Server is behind a router/firewall. Ports are forwared to Server.

I want to create a few mailboxes which mailadress are seperate from.

I want to create different Mailboxes with individual mail-adresses.

Hope you can help a mercury-noob like me

Aki

<p>Hello,</p><p>(sorry for my terrible English, hope you can understand this)</p><p> Since a few days I try to install Mercury/32, v4.62</p><p> But it seems, I've many problems to understand how to configure it.</p><p>Perhaps, you can help me to find the right configurations.</p><p> Situation:</p><p>fix IP: 123.123.123.123</p><p>MX-DNS: mail.homesweethome.de</p><p>Domains: homesweethome.de; home.de</p><p>intern servername: Selune  (selune.local.homesweenhome.de) </p><p>Windows-domain: local.homesweethome.de </p><p>Server is behind a router/firewall. Ports are forwared to Server.</p><p> </p><p>I want to create a few mailboxes which mailadress are seperate from.</p><p>I want to create different Mailboxes with individual mail-adresses.</p><p> </p><p>Hope you can help a mercury-noob like me </p><p>Aki </p>

If you want this server to get mail for the domain homesweethome.de you just need to make sure that there is a DNS record for mail.homesweethome.de pointing to 123.123.123.123. You can create any number of mailboxes (Configuration/Manage local users). If you want mail addresses to be different than the usernames you can create aliases.

If you want the server to handle the domain home.de as well you will need an MX record for that domain too. Unless you want mail to aki@home.de to be delivered to the same mailbox as mail to aki@homesweethome.de you need to create a separate mailbox (called aki-home, for instance) and point an alias to it.

Please check Mercury help for how to fill in the Local domain section of Core module configuration (which is very important).  

For outgoing mail you can use either MercuryE (direct delivery) or MercuryC (relay through your Internet provider's mail server). If your Internet provider has blocked outgoing traffic on port 25 (which a lot of providers do to stop spam) you may need to use MercuryC.

/Rolf

<p>If you want this server to get mail for the domain homesweethome.de you just need to make sure that there is a DNS record for mail.homesweethome.de pointing to 123.123.123.123. You can create any number of mailboxes (Configuration/Manage local users). If you want mail addresses to be different than the usernames you can create aliases.</p><p>If you want the server to handle the domain home.de as well you will need an MX record for that domain too. Unless you want mail to aki@home.de to be delivered to the same mailbox as mail to aki@homesweethome.de you need to create a separate mailbox (called aki-home, for instance) and point an alias to it.</p><p>Please check Mercury help for how to fill in the Local domain section of Core module configuration (which is very important).  </p><p>For outgoing mail you can use either MercuryE (direct delivery) or MercuryC (relay through your Internet provider's mail server). If your Internet provider has blocked outgoing traffic on port 25 (which a lot of providers do to stop spam) you may need to use MercuryC.</p><p>/Rolf </p><p> </p>

Hi,

Thanx for you answer. The Hint with the aliase was very helpful. (That was the understanding-Problem :-)

But I still don't know, what to fill in the local domain section.

All MX-Records are set.

Testmail couldn't be delivered: User unknown in virtual alias table

Thanx

Aki

<p>Hi,</p><p> Thanx for you answer. The Hint with the aliase was very helpful. (That was the understanding-Problem :-)</p><p> But I still don't know, what to fill in the local domain section.</p><p>All MX-Records are set.</p><p>Testmail couldn't be delivered: User unknown in virtual alias table</p><p> Thanx</p><p> </p><p>Aki </p>

The Local domains section could be for instance:

selune   selune

selune  homesweethome.de

selune  home.de

selune  mail.homesweethome.de

selune  selune.local.homesweenhome.de

selune  [123.123.123.123]

An alias should look like this:

Alias: abuse@homesweethome.de
Real address: admin

/Rolf

The Local domains section could be for instance: <blockquote> <i>selune   selune</i> <i>selune  homesweethome.de</i> <i>selune  home.de</i> <i>selune  mail.homesweethome.de</i> <i>selune  selune.local.homesweenhome.de</i> <i>selune  [123.123.123.123]</i> </blockquote> <p>An alias should look like this:</p> <blockquote><i>Alias: abuse@homesweethome.de</i> <i>Real address: admin</i></blockquote> <p>/Rolf  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft