Mercury Suggestions
Wishes wishes...

We create the smtpauth.mer file with the same pairs as local mailbox name (= username) and the pop3 password. If your local mailboxes follow the username@domain syntax you should be able to have that combination  within smtpauth.mer.

However, we've found it to be limiting, narrowminded and confusing for the users to have local mailboxes equal the mail-address. It gets very hard to explain that a mailbox has mail addresses attached to it, and that you can have as many as you like connected with a mailbox. Also for our users when using the webmail interface our users can log in using either their email address or their mailbox name, and a conversion is made if needed into the pair of mailbox/password for proper pop and imap fetch.

<P>We create the smtpauth.mer file with the same pairs as local mailbox name (= username) and the pop3 password. If your local mailboxes follow the <A href="mailto:username@domain">username@domain</A> syntax you should be able to have that combination  within smtpauth.mer.</P> <P>However, we've found it to be limiting, narrowminded and confusing for the users to have local mailboxes equal the mail-address. It gets very hard to explain that a mailbox has mail addresses attached to it, and that you can have as many as you like connected with a mailbox. Also for our users when using the webmail interface our users can log in using either their email address or their mailbox name, and a conversion is made if needed into the pair of mailbox/password for proper pop and imap fetch.</P>

Hello. I have more than one wish, so i made a list.

• The mail box quota: This will be very useful
  • Enabling to add a new user via MercuryB
  • Automatic authencation for sending mail (Because its possible to send mail via our smtp server without authencating)
  • Attach file size limit: If the file is bigger, my mercury is locked :S. I dont know why.
  • Also when authencating, I think it will be good to use e-mail as username like other mail servers...

the end of list for a short period of time :). Have nice day...

<P>Hello. I have more than one wish, so i made a list.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <UL> <LI>The mail box quota: This will be very useful</LI> <LI>Enabling to add a new user via MercuryB</LI> <LI>Automatic authencation for sending mail (Because its possible to send mail via our smtp server without authencating)</LI> <LI>Attach file size limit: If the file is bigger, my mercury is locked :S. I dont know why.</LI> <LI>Also when authencating, I think it will be good to use e-mail as username like other mail servers...</LI></UL> <P>the end of list for a short period of time :). Have nice day...</P>

Authentication can be enabled at MercuryS

You can limit the message size already.

You can authenticate with whatever username and password for outbound email as you wish. However, to authenticate with your email as username is something I personally don't like - because: A mailbox is not the same thing as the email address. The email address is actually a pointer to tell the mailserver in what mailbox (called a maildrop in the RFC documentations) to store each message. And, a mailbox can store messages addressed for any number of addresses, just like a mailbox where you live receiving both newspapers and hopefully small bills.

<P>Authentication can be enabled at MercuryS</P> <P>You can limit the message size already.</P> <P>You can authenticate with whatever username and password for outbound email as you wish. However, to authenticate with your email as username is something I personally don't like - because: A mailbox is not the same thing as the email address. The email address is actually a pointer to tell the mailserver in what mailbox (called a maildrop in the RFC documentations) to store each message. And, a mailbox can store messages addressed for any number of addresses, just like a mailbox where you live receiving both newspapers and hopefully small bills.</P>

Ok i saw it, but i understood that the authencation is only possible by entering username:password in a plain text file and showing it to mercury, right?

Sorry for size suggestion, i have seen it just now...

What about others??

For example cant u make username : username@domain?

<P>Ok i saw it, but i understood that the authencation is only possible by entering username:password in a plain text file and showing it to mercury, right?</P> <P> Sorry for size suggestion, i have seen it just now...</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>What about others??</P> <P> For example cant u make username : <A href="mailto:username@domain">username@domain</A>?</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft