Community Discussions and Support
Preview Mode not filling window . .

Mr. Thomas Stephenson,

Would you forgive me today on this matter and I promise you I will get to it tomorrow.  Spent the entire day looking for some things for my Wife so she may finish her projects.  Was completely Un-Successful in finding any of what she needs.  I am very tired at this time and feel there could be some ERRORs made by me and I do not want that to happen.

I will re-read your message and instructions tomorrow, after a night of rest I hope, will be on this about 0600 hours local time -6:00hrs from Zulu time.  Plus still not fully capable of working with Vista as of yet and still training, experimenting and doing some things to learn more about how to use this system.  Mostly still installing software that I like to use and orginizing folders and files.

I am not a dumper to the desktop and go from there, they are placed where I want them so they can be watched and kept safe.

Thank you for not becoming upset with me because of my Final message, have been spending long hours on here to get this setup so I know where all programs are installed and saved, downloaded *.exe, *.zip, or any other form and kept safe so if need be they can be reinstalled.

<p>Mr. Thomas Stephenson,</p><p>Would you forgive me today on this matter and I promise you I will get to it tomorrow.  Spent the entire day looking for some things for my Wife so she may finish her projects.  Was completely Un-Successful in finding any of what she needs.  I am very tired at this time and feel there could be some ERRORs made by me and I do not want that to happen.</p><p>I will re-read your message and instructions tomorrow, after a night of rest I hope, will be on this about 0600 hours local time -6:00hrs from Zulu time.  Plus still not fully capable of working with Vista as of yet and still training, experimenting and doing some things to learn more about how to use this system.  Mostly still installing software that I like to use and orginizing folders and files.</p><p>I am not a dumper to the desktop and go from there, they are placed where I want them so they can be watched and kept safe.</p><p> Thank you for not becoming upset with me because of my Final message, have been spending long hours on here to get this setup so I know where all programs are installed and saved, downloaded *.exe, *.zip, or any other form and kept safe so if need be they can be reinstalled. </p>

Greetings from LeonSprings, Texas, USofA,

My sig will tell my latest adventures plus most all, if not all, programs are of the latest breed.

Just noticed that the Preview Mode when expanded to Max display is not filling the complete window of Pegasus.  On the extreme right side there seems to be a short fall.  If you hover your mouse there you get a double headed arrow but cannot change the position, like moving it all the way out to the edge.  If you would like a screen shot just ask and tell me how to do it and for posting such an animal on here.

Thank you for reading this, if you can make heads or tales of this

<p>Greetings from LeonSprings, Texas, USofA,</p><p> My sig will tell my latest adventures plus most all, if not all, programs are of the latest breed.</p><p>Just noticed that the Preview Mode when expanded to Max display is not filling the complete window of Pegasus.  On the extreme right side there seems to be a short fall.  If you hover your mouse there you get a double headed arrow but cannot change the position, like moving it all the way out to the edge.  If you would like a screen shot just ask and tell me how to do it and for posting such an animal on here.</p><p> Thank you for reading this, if you can make heads or tales of this  </p>

Hello!

I guess you are talking about "WIndow" | "Enlarge" and used that while the window was not maximised. I see the same behaviour: after using "Enlarge", I see a (really narrow) "strap" at the top between the preview window and the main toolbar; I also get the double headded arrow when hovering my mouse there. However, I am able to resize the window by moving up its frame; but that is two millimetres or something like that.

<P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Hello!</P> <P>I guess you are talking about "WIndow" | "Enlarge" and used that while the window was not maximised. I see the same behaviour: after using "Enlarge", I see a (really narrow) "strap" at the top between the preview window and the main toolbar; I also get the double headded arrow when hovering my mouse there. However, I am able to resize the window by moving up its frame; but that is two millimetres or something like that.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

[quote user="Thomas Nimmesgern"]

Hello!

I guess you are talking about "WIndow" | "Enlarge" and used that while the window was not maximised. I see the same behaviour: after using "Enlarge", I see a (really narrow) "strap" at the top between the preview window and the main toolbar; I also get the double headded arrow when hovering my mouse there. However, I am able to resize the window by moving up its frame; but that is two millimetres or something like that.

[/quote]

Mr. Nimmesgern,

You are close but not the method I have used.  I did use that "Shift+F4" and have the same as you have, a very small line and able to have the mouse as a double headed arrow.  I then click on the Middle Caption Button and the window becomes tiled.  then click the Middle Caption Button again and it changes to full screen with the Preview Mode three panel's buttons up just below the ones for Pegasus Mail full window with that wider strip down the right side.  I had said it is about .25" (¼") (6.35mm) but it is really more like about .125" (1/8") (3.175mm).  I have it a little smaller when using the action you reference and it is very small like you indicate, try clicking the buttons as I have done and see if you have a little different view.

I have a little program on my system for converting anything to anything, approx. 449 different means of measure.  It is called "ESB Unit Convert" v5.0 and is FreeWare from website http://www.esbconsult.com/, I hope they are still there, it is several years old and could have been updated by now.  I did check their website and they are up to v7.0.

Thank you for reading my problem and replying, let me know what you get if you would please?

[quote user="Thomas Nimmesgern"]<p mce_keep="true"> </p> <p>Hello!</p> <p>I guess you are talking about "WIndow" | "Enlarge" and used that while the window was not maximised. I see the same behaviour: after using "Enlarge", I see a (really narrow) "strap" at the top between the preview window and the main toolbar; I also get the double headded arrow when hovering my mouse there. However, I am able to resize the window by moving up its frame; but that is two millimetres or something like that.</p> <p mce_keep="true"> </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> Mr. <strong>Nimmesgern,</strong></p><p>You are close but not the method I have used.  I did use that "Shift+F4" and have the same as you have, a very small line and able to have the mouse as a double headed arrow.  I then click on the Middle Caption Button and the window becomes tiled.  then click the Middle Caption Button again and it changes to full screen with the Preview Mode three panel's buttons up just below the ones for Pegasus Mail full window with that wider strip down the right side.  I had said it is about .25" (¼") (6.35mm) but it is really more like about .125" (1/8") (3.175mm).  I have it a little smaller when using the action you reference and it is very small like you indicate, try clicking the buttons as I have done and see if you have a little different view. </p><p> I have a little program on my system for converting anything to anything, approx. 449 different means of measure.  It is called "ESB Unit Convert" v5.0 and is FreeWare from website http://www.esbconsult.com/, I hope they are still there, it is several years old and could have been updated by now.  I did check their website and they are up to v7.0.</p><p> Thank you for reading my problem and replying, let me know what you get if you would please?</p><p> </p><p> </p>

Just noticed that the Preview Mode when expanded to Max display is not

filling the complete window of Pegasus.  On the extreme right side

there seems to be a short fall.  If you hover your mouse there you get

a double headed arrow but cannot change the position, like moving it

all the way out to the edge.  If you would like a screen shot just ask

and tell me how to do it and for posting such an animal on here.

Let's try this one more time to verify the problem.  Do a new install into a completely different directory like c:\pmail441, do not use c:\Program Files or anything but a 8 character max mailbox name.  Run the program.  Bypass the setup of the internet options and then maximize the preview window. 

Does this completely fill the screen?  If not then there is something wrong with Vista or your display drivers.  I cannot provide a fix of any sort.

<blockquote>Just noticed that the Preview Mode when expanded to Max display is not filling the complete window of Pegasus.  On the extreme right side there seems to be a short fall.  If you hover your mouse there you get a double headed arrow but cannot change the position, like moving it all the way out to the edge.  If you would like a screen shot just ask and tell me how to do it and for posting such an animal on here.</blockquote><p>Let's try this one more time to verify the problem.  Do a new install into a completely different directory like c:\pmail441, do not use c:\Program Files or anything but a 8 character max mailbox name.  Run the program.  Bypass the setup of the internet options and then maximize the preview window.  </p><p>Does this completely fill the screen?  If not then there is something wrong with Vista or your display drivers.  I cannot provide a fix of any sort. </p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft