Community Discussions and Support
Selective mail displays odd behaviour after upgrade to Mercury/32 v4.62

Check the setting on the POP3 host and make sure it is setup to show all the mail, not just the unread mail.

Offer only unread mail  If this control is checked, Mercury will list only messages whose status is "unread" - mail marked as read will be invisible to POP3 clients. This option is very convenient, but is also not a part of the POP3 standard.

<p>Check the setting on the POP3 host and make sure it is setup to show all the mail, not just the unread mail.</p><blockquote><p><b>Offer only unread mail</b>  If this control is checked, Mercury will list only messages whose status is "unread" - mail marked as read will be invisible to POP3 clients. This option is very convenient, but is also not a part of the POP3 standard.</p></blockquote>

I have one user that uses the 'selective mail download' in Pegasus. since upgrading to Mercury v4.62 the following behavior began.

Messages selected for retrieval are downloaded correctly. On subsequent selective download sessions all messages that had been selected for retrieval

do not appear in the list or the message there is no mail is displayed.

If the user then opens an IMAP session all the "vanished mail" is displayed correctly.

Mercury is running on a WIN-2k server.

The user has a Vista desktop running Pmail v4.41 and a Vista laptop also with pmail v4.42.

Slightly different behaviour was experienced with WIN XP running v4.42

Selective download using mark for retreival would appear to delete the messages on the server after download was complete. A subsequent IMAP session did not display the "vanished" emails.

I have not yet attempted a rollback of the Mercury server and would prefer not to as 4.62 has fixed several other small issues that I was experiencing.

Heres hoping that others have a shared experience with Mercury 4.62 and that there is a fix.

<p>I have one user that uses the 'selective mail download' in Pegasus. since upgrading to Mercury v4.62 the following behavior began.</p><p> Messages selected for retrieval are downloaded correctly. On subsequent selective download sessions all messages that had been selected for retrieval </p><p>do not appear in the list or the message there is no mail is displayed. </p><p> If the user then opens an IMAP session all the "vanished mail" is displayed correctly.</p><p> Mercury is running on a WIN-2k server. </p><p>The user has a Vista desktop running Pmail v4.41 and a Vista laptop also with pmail v4.42.</p><p> Slightly different behaviour was experienced with WIN XP running v4.42 </p><p>Selective download using mark for retreival would appear to delete the messages on the server after download was complete. A subsequent IMAP session did not display the "vanished" emails.</p><p> I have not yet attempted a rollback of the Mercury server and would prefer not to as 4.62 has fixed several other small issues that I was experiencing.</p><p> Heres hoping that others have a shared experience with Mercury 4.62 and that there is a fix.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft