Community Discussions and Support
Change of mail client from Pegasus to Outlook - Migration questions

If Pegasus was sending with file based queue submission, not SMTP, then MercuryS (SMTP server module) may not be loaded.

Add this module to Mercury. 

Make sure to set the anti-relaying controls (top two boxes ticked at minimum), or be certain there is no access from outside.

<p>If Pegasus was sending with file based queue submission, not SMTP, then MercuryS (SMTP server module) may not be loaded.</p><p>Add this module to Mercury. </p><p>Make sure to set the anti-relaying controls (top two boxes ticked at minimum), or be certain there is no access from outside.</p>

Hi,

I have inherited a small company network I have to maintain and have been thrown in at the deep end having never even used Mercury before. The owner of the company and his users have decided they want to change from Pegasus to Outlook as their email client for various reasons I won't go in to.

My question is..

How can I make the switch without loosing any of their current mail?

Whether to use POP3 or IMAP isn't too much of an issue they just want to use the Outlook client.
I've read through the various helpfiles and pdf's that came with Mercury but couldn't find anything covering this.

Many thanks.

<P>Hi,</P> <P>I have inherited a small company network I have to maintain and have been thrown in at the deep end having never even used Mercury before. The owner of the company and his users have decided they want to change from Pegasus to Outlook as their email client for various reasons I won't go in to.</P> <P>My question is..</P> <P>How can I make the switch without loosing any of their current mail?</P> <P>Whether to use POP3 or IMAP isn't too much of an issue they just want to use the Outlook client. I've read through the various helpfiles and pdf's that came with Mercury but couldn't find anything covering this.</P> <P> Many thanks.</P>

I am going to assume that you are using Mercury/32 and Pegasus Mail on a Windows server and that the users are currently using Pegasus Mail in the networked mode.  That is Pegasus Mail, and the users mail directories, is NOT installed on each users system.  In this case it's pretty easy.  All you need to do is install the MercuryI IMAP4 server and have Outlook use IMAP4 to get the mail from the current Mercury/32 system.

If this is not true, provide as much data as possible on the current setup.    

<p>I am going to assume that you are using Mercury/32 and Pegasus Mail on a Windows server and that the users are currently using Pegasus Mail in the networked mode.  That is Pegasus Mail, and the users mail directories, is NOT installed on each users system.  In this case it's pretty easy.  All you need to do is install the MercuryI IMAP4 server and have Outlook use IMAP4 to get the mail from the current Mercury/32 system.</p><p>If this is not true, provide as much data as possible on the current setup.    </p>

As Thomas already said, the most simple way is to use IMAP.

If every user has a mailbox on a different PC, you have to force ;-) them first, to

upload their messages to their new IMAP mailbox.

<P>As Thomas already said, the most simple way is to use IMAP.</P><P>If every user has a mailbox on a different PC, you have to force ;-) them first, to</P><P>upload their messages to their new IMAP mailbox.</P>

Yes it is Mercury/32 and Pegasus Mail in the networked mode on a Windows NT server.

Thanks guys, I will give it a go over the weekend

<P>Yes it is Mercury/32 and Pegasus Mail in the networked mode on a Windows NT server.</P> <P> Thanks guys, I will give it a go over the weekend</P>

Good news for you, you should be getting a lot more support calls to this place [:P]

Good news for you, you should be getting a lot more support calls to this place [:P]

Hi everyone,

Well I got delayed in doing the above so have only just got around to it. I've loaded the MercuryI module and can open outlook put in the mail servername/username/pass and the mailbox shows up fine.

However I can't send any mail through outlook. We have MercuryC loaded just like it was before. Does pmail send mail differently to Outlook in IMAP mode or have I just got the port wrong in my outlook config (currently port 25)

Thanks

<P>Hi everyone,</P> <P>Well I got delayed in doing the above so have only just got around to it. I've loaded the MercuryI module and can open outlook put in the mail servername/username/pass and the mailbox shows up fine.</P> <P>However I can't send any mail through outlook. We have MercuryC loaded just like it was before. Does pmail send mail differently to Outlook in IMAP mode or have I just got the port wrong in my outlook config (currently port 25)</P> <P>Thanks</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft