Mercury Suggestions
LDAP SERVER

It's good to know someone is working on AD, but I'm still curious about a more generic LDAP version?

LDAP/OpenLDAP is arguably used in more places than AD.  Even in a Netware environment, LDAP is now the prefered method for connecting to an eDirectory tree from 3rd party apps...

<p>It's good to know someone is working on AD, but I'm still curious about a more generic LDAP version?</p><p>LDAP/OpenLDAP is arguably used in more places than AD.  Even in a Netware environment, LDAP is now the prefered method for connecting to an eDirectory tree from 3rd party apps... </p>

I would like to see Mercury include a LDAP server to help administer an Email Address Book of users.

I would like to see Mercury include a LDAP server to help administer an Email Address Book of users.

[quote user="brucem"]I would like to see Mercury include a LDAP server to help administer an Email Address Book of users.[/quote]

... or better yet, hook into an existing LDAP server (including Active Directory) for mail boxes and user validation.

<P>[quote user="brucem"]I would like to see Mercury include a LDAP server to help administer an Email Address Book of users.[/quote]</P> <P> ... or better yet, hook into an existing LDAP server (including Active Directory) for mail boxes and user validation.</P>

An AD integration module is being worked on by one of the beta members.

An AD integration module is being worked on by one of the beta members.

[quote user="Peter Strömblad"]An AD integration module is being worked on by one of the beta members.[/quote]

Has there been any prograss and/or success regarding the Active Directory integration? I really would like to have this feature ;)

Greetings,
Asgard

<p>[quote user="Peter Strömblad"]An AD integration module is being worked on by one of the beta members.[/quote] Has there been any prograss and/or success regarding the Active Directory integration? I really would like to have this feature ;) Greetings, Asgard </p>

I'd like to add my two bits here on this subject. Active Directory Integration is a very important component to add to Mercury/32. I realize this product is at no cost for personal use and as such we have no real influence since $$ is not involved on our end. I hope the AD integration is not that far off. I could use it right now.

Great product!

Ken

<P>I'd like to add my two bits here on this subject. Active Directory Integration is a very important component to add to Mercury/32. I realize this product is at no cost for personal use and as such we have no real influence since $$ is not involved on our end. I hope the AD integration is not that far off. I could use it right now.</P> <P>Great product!</P> <P>Ken</P>

Just an update:

We're a few within the beta group who have contact and will look into the Code that Frank has developed. There are some issues that need address, and as soon as there is something to report - we'll let you all know.

<P>Just an update:</P> <P>We're a few within the beta group who have contact and will look into the Code that Frank has developed. There are some issues that need address, and as soon as there is something to report - we'll let you all know.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft