Community Discussions and Support
Deleting the preview pane when deleting the associated message

Thank you!  This is good news.  I've noticed that on surprise occasions it gets deleted, but I've never paid attention to the circumstances when it does / doesn't go.  Normally, it doesn't.

Cheers!

<p>Thank you!  This is good news.  I've noticed that on surprise occasions it gets deleted, but I've never paid attention to the circumstances when it does / doesn't go.  Normally, it doesn't.</p><p> Cheers!  </p>

In general, I like the preview pane and actually for most mail, read it in there.

BUT, I also, for example, skim through my junk mail folder just in case of false positives from the two layers of spam processing and then delete the garbage.

It appears that the process for displaying in the preview pane is simply show the message that is currently selected for preview.

The hitch comes that even after I've deleted the last message, the body associated with the message remains visible in the pane.  This often leaves some graphic images in there!  Granted, another "click" opening a different mailbox resolves that issue, but it's a nuisance.

Is it possible, therefore, on delete to clear the preview pane, before showing the "next message" ... it seems that since on deleting the last message, there's no next message, the preview pane is not cleared.

<p>In general, I like the preview pane and actually for most mail, read it in there.</p><p>BUT, I also, for example, skim through my junk mail folder just in case of false positives from the two layers of spam processing and then delete the garbage.</p><p>It appears that the process for displaying in the preview pane is simply show the message that is currently selected for preview. </p><p>The hitch comes that even after I've deleted the last message, the body associated with the message remains visible in the pane.  This often leaves some graphic images in there!  Granted, another "click" opening a different mailbox resolves that issue, but it's a nuisance.</p><p> Is it possible, therefore, on delete to clear the preview pane, before showing the "next message" ... it seems that since on deleting the last message, there's no next message, the preview pane is not cleared.  </p><p>   </p><p> </p><p> </p>

We are aware of this problem. Pressing d to delete the last message might work, depending on the version of Bearhtml you run.

It's on the to-do list.

<p>We are aware of this problem. Pressing d to delete the last message might work, depending on the version of Bearhtml you run.</p><p>It's on the to-do list.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft