Community Discussions and Support
One domain mailbox for whole domain

Next step is to set up mercury that it either sends all these e-mails

to our internal mailserver, or our mailserver takes the mails via pop3

protocol from mercury. When i get it done i probably will buy mercury

for our backup mail-system.

If the server can pull via POP3 from a domain mailbox then you can use that.  My Mercury NLM server on Netware does not have that capability so I push the mail using a batch file and BASIC program. I'm running the BASIC program compiled now.  All this program does is take the CNM files and add the "glue" headers and save it as a 101 file to the Mercury/32 queue.   I'm using a third party WAIT.COM program to make this happen every 5 minutes.  http://www.plop.at/en/tools.html  I've been using this for a few months now for the domain Novell-tstephenson.com and it's works quite well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MX.bat ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

ECHO OFF
:LOOP
CD c:\pmail\mail\novell
dir c:\pmail\mail\novell\*.cnm > c:\pmail\mail\novell\files.txt
REM CALL c:\qb45\qb /RUN c:\pmail\mail\novell\MX.BAS
call c:\pmail\mail\novell\mx.exe
move *.101 c:\mercury\queue
DEL c:\pmail\mail\novell\files.txt
call c:\pmail\mail\novell\wait -m 5
GOTO LOOP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ MX.BAS ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REM MX.BAS This program was developed to send mail from a "domain" account to a different
REM server via SMTP.  It takes the CNM RFC 2822 message body, extracts the SMTP addresses
REM and then saves it as a 101 file.  The CNM import file is a directory listing
REM of the CNM files in the "domain" user account.

CLS
REM Set the path to the domain mailbox and the new domain name.
PATHSPEC$ = "c:\pmail\mail\novell\"
Domain$ = "@[192.168.1.3]"

REM Read in the CNM files
OPEN PATHSPEC$ + "files.txt" FOR INPUT AS #1

WHILE NOT EOF(1)
    REM Read the CNM directory listing
    LINE INPUT #1, Line$
    REM Check to see if this is a CNM file else skip it.  The CNM file is always 8.3.
    IF RIGHT$(Line$, 3) = "CNM" THEN File$ = RIGHT$(Line$, 12) ELSE GOTO SKIP

REM Read the CNM file
    OPEN PATHSPEC$ + File$ FOR INPUT AS #2

REM Get the MAIL FROM: and RCPT TO: addresses for the glue headers.
    REM I'm using the Sender: for the MAIL FROM: address. It may be blank
    REM for locally delivered mail but a blank MAIL FROM: works for me.
    WHILE NOT EOF(2)
        LINE INPUT #2, Line$
        IF LEFT$(Line$, 14) = "X-Envelope-To:" THEN RCPTTO$ = MID$(Line$, 16, LEN(Line$))
        IF LEFT$(Line$, 7) = "Sender:" THEN MAILFROM$ = MID$(Line$, 9, LEN(Line$))
    WEND
    REM Close the CNM file.
    CLOSE #2

REM Change the domain name to the new domain in the RCPT TO: address.
    FOR I = 1 TO 100
        IF MID$(RCPTTO$, I, 1) = "@" THEN RCPT2$ = MID$(RCPTTO$, 1, I - 1) + Domain$
    NEXT I

REM If the SMTP address was in brackets add the trailing bracket.
    IF LEFT$(RCPT2$, 1) = "<" THEN RCPT2$ = RCPT2$ + ">"

REM Write the 101 file in Glue header format.
    OPEN PATHSPEC$ + File$ FOR INPUT AS #2
    OPEN PATHSPEC$ + LEFT$(File$, 8) + ".101" FOR OUTPUT AS #3
    REM Write the MAIL FROM:, RCPT TO: and blank line.
    PRINT #3, "$$ " + MAILFROM$
    PRINT #3, RCPT2$
    PRINT #3, ""
    REM Write the rest of the RFC 2822 body to the 101 file.
    WHILE NOT EOF(2)
        LINE INPUT #2, Line$
        PRINT #3, Line$
    WEND
    REM Close the CNM and 101 Files.     
    CLOSE 2
    CLOSE 3
    REM Delete the CNM file
    KILL PATHSPEC$ + File$
SKIP:
WEND
CLOSE
SYSTEM
END

&lt;blockquote&gt;Next step is to set up mercury that it either sends all these e-mails to our internal mailserver, or our mailserver takes the mails via pop3 protocol from mercury. When i get it done i probably will buy mercury for our backup mail-system.&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;If the server can pull via POP3 from a domain mailbox then you can use that.&amp;nbsp; My Mercury NLM server on Netware does not have that capability so I push the mail using a batch file and BASIC program. I&#039;m running the BASIC program compiled now.&amp;nbsp; All this program does is take the CNM files and add the &quot;glue&quot; headers and save it as a 101 file to the Mercury/32 queue.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; I&#039;m using a third party WAIT.COM program to make this happen every 5 minutes.&amp;nbsp; http://www.plop.at/en/tools.html&amp;nbsp; I&#039;ve been using this for a few months now for the domain Novell-tstephenson.com and it&#039;s works quite well. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MX.bat ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;ECHO OFF :LOOP CD c:\pmail\mail\novell dir c:\pmail\mail\novell\*.cnm &amp;gt; c:\pmail\mail\novell\files.txt REM CALL c:\qb45\qb /RUN c:\pmail\mail\novell\MX.BAS call c:\pmail\mail\novell\mx.exe move *.101 c:\mercury\queue DEL c:\pmail\mail\novell\files.txt call c:\pmail\mail\novell\wait -m 5 GOTO LOOP&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ MX.BAS ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;REM MX.BAS This program was developed to send mail from a &quot;domain&quot; account to a different REM server via SMTP.&amp;nbsp; It takes the CNM RFC 2822 message body, extracts the SMTP addresses REM and then saves it as a 101 file.&amp;nbsp; The CNM import file is a directory listing REM of the CNM files in the &quot;domain&quot; user account. CLS REM Set the path to the domain mailbox and the new domain name. PATHSPEC$ = &quot;c:\pmail\mail\novell\&quot; Domain$ = &quot;@[192.168.1.3]&quot; REM Read in the CNM files OPEN PATHSPEC$ + &quot;files.txt&quot; FOR INPUT AS #1 &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; WHILE NOT EOF(1) &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;REM Read the CNM directory listing &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;LINE INPUT #1, Line$ &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;REM Check to see if this is a CNM file else skip it.&amp;nbsp; The CNM file is always 8.3. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;IF RIGHT$(Line$, 3) = &quot;CNM&quot; THEN File$ = RIGHT$(Line$, 12) ELSE GOTO SKIP &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;REM Read the CNM file &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;OPEN PATHSPEC$ + File$ FOR INPUT AS #2 &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;REM Get the MAIL FROM: and RCPT TO: addresses for the glue headers. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;REM I&#039;m using the Sender: for the MAIL FROM: address. It may be blank &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;REM for locally delivered mail but a blank MAIL FROM: works for me. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;WHILE NOT EOF(2) &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; LINE INPUT #2, Line$ &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; IF LEFT$(Line$, 14) = &quot;X-Envelope-To:&quot; THEN RCPTTO$ = MID$(Line$, 16, LEN(Line$)) &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; IF LEFT$(Line$, 7) = &quot;Sender:&quot; THEN MAILFROM$ = MID$(Line$, 9, LEN(Line$)) &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;WEND &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;REM Close the CNM file. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;CLOSE #2 &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;REM Change the domain name to the new domain in the RCPT TO: address. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;FOR I = 1 TO 100 &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; IF MID$(RCPTTO$, I, 1) = &quot;@&quot; THEN RCPT2$ = MID$(RCPTTO$, 1, I - 1) + Domain$ &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;NEXT I &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;REM If the SMTP address was in brackets add the trailing bracket. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;IF LEFT$(RCPT2$, 1) = &quot;&amp;lt;&quot; THEN RCPT2$ = RCPT2$ + &quot;&amp;gt;&quot; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;REM Write the 101 file in Glue header format. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;OPEN PATHSPEC$ + File$ FOR INPUT AS #2 &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;OPEN PATHSPEC$ + LEFT$(File$, 8) + &quot;.101&quot; FOR OUTPUT AS #3 &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;REM Write the MAIL FROM:, RCPT TO: and blank line. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;PRINT #3, &quot;$$ &quot; + MAILFROM$ &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;PRINT #3, RCPT2$ &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;PRINT #3, &quot;&quot; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;REM Write the rest of the RFC 2822 body to the 101 file. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;WHILE NOT EOF(2) &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; LINE INPUT #2, Line$ &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; PRINT #3, Line$ &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;WEND &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;REM Close the CNM and 101 Files.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;CLOSE 2 &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;CLOSE 3 &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;REM Delete the CNM file &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;KILL PATHSPEC$ + File$ SKIP: WEND CLOSE SYSTEM END&lt;/p&gt;

Hello everybody,
I'm trying to configure ONE domain mailbox for the whole domain. All emails for this domain shall land on this one mailbox. But I dont get it [:P]

This is what I have done so far:

Running Mercury/32, v4.62 since a few days on Windows Server2003, fix public IP-Adress and domain ('example.com', no thats not the real domain name [:)]), MX-entry is set.

On Mercury-site:
Mercury, Core module: Adding the local domain 'example.com' and the correspondig user at Configuration=>Manage Local Users . Your help-file says the following about configuring a domain mailbox:

Domain mailboxes:
Mercury supports the idea of a domain mailbox, or a mailbox that accepts mail addressed to any user at a given domain. To create a domain mailbox, first create the user account that is to receive all mail addressed to the domain, then place an entry in the Domains recognized as local by this server section in the following format:

DM=username        domain address

username can be any valid reference to a single local user on your system. So, to create a domain mailbox where user mailserver receives all mail addressed to any user in the domain fish.net, you would create this entry:

DM=mailserver        fish.net

With this entry in place, mail sent to [any address]@fish.net will be delivered into user mailserver's mailbox.
I don't get it [:$] 

I opened the mercury.ini and added the following lines under the [Domains]-section

mailserver     mailserver
    mailserver     mail.example.com
    mailserver     [XXX.XXX.XXX.XX]

Everytime I send a test-message to that domain, I get an automated reply which says that the user <test@example.com> or any other user is not known at this site.
I want to allow all mails for incoming, no matter if the user exists or not...

What am I missing?

Any help would be highly appreciated..

regards.., 

loopy 

&lt;p&gt;Hello everybody, I&#039;m trying to configure ONE domain mailbox for the whole domain. All emails for this domain shall land on this one mailbox. But I dont get it [:P] &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; This is what I have done so far:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Running Mercury/32, v4.62 since a few days on Windows Server2003, fix public IP-Adress and domain (&#039;example.com&#039;, no thats not the real domain name [:)]), MX-entry is set.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;b&gt;On Mercury-site:&lt;/b&gt; &lt;b&gt;Mercury, Core module&lt;/b&gt;: Adding the local domain &#039;example.com&#039; and the correspondig user at &lt;b&gt;Configuration=&amp;gt;Manage Local Users&lt;/b&gt; . Your help-file says the following about configuring a domain mailbox:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;i&gt;Domain mailboxes:&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;i&gt; Mercury supports the idea of a domain mailbox, &lt;b&gt;or a mailbox that accepts mail addressed to any user at a given domain&lt;/b&gt;. To create a domain mailbox, first create the user account that is to receive all mail addressed to the domain, then place an entry in the Domains recognized as local by this server section in the following format: &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; DM=username&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; domain address username can be any valid reference to a single local user on your system. So, to create a domain mailbox where user mailserver receives all mail addressed to any user in the domain fish.net, you would create this entry: DM=mailserver&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; fish.net With this entry in place, mail sent to [any address]@fish.net will be delivered into user mailserver&#039;s mailbox.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;I don&#039;t get it [:$]&amp;nbsp;&lt;p&gt;I opened the mercury.ini and added the following lines under the [Domains]-section&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; mailserver&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; mailserver &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; mailserver &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; mail.example.com &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; mailserver &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; [XXX.XXX.XXX.XX] DM=username&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; domain address DM=mailserver&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; fish.net &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Everytime I send a test-message to that domain, I get an automated reply which says that the user &amp;lt;test@example.com&amp;gt; or any other user is not known at this site. I want to allow all mails for incoming, no matter if the user exists or not... &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;What am I missing?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Any help would be highly appreciated..&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;regards..,&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;loopy&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

I opened the mercury.ini and added the following lines under the [Domains]-section

mailserver     mailserver
    mailserver     mail.example.com
    mailserver     [XXX.XXX.XXX.XX]

Looks like you may have missed the ":" and/or the actual creation of the username.  Here's one that works for me.

[Domains]
stephens: stephens
stephens: [209.128.94.2]
stephens: mail.tstephenson.com
stephens: tstephenson.com
stephens: [192.168.1.2]
DM=novell: novelltstephenson.com
DM=merwin: merwin.tstephenson.com
dm=ubunto: ubunto-tstephenson.com
dm=merc452: merc452.tstephenson.com
DM=Novell: novell-tstephenson.com
stephens: stephens.sj.scruznet.com
dm=ubunto: linux-tstephenson.com

&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;I opened the mercury.ini and added the following lines under the [Domains]-section&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; mailserver&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; mailserver &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; mailserver &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; mail.example.com &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; mailserver &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; [XXX.XXX.XXX.XX] DM=username&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; domain address DM=mailserver&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; fish.net&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;Looks like you may have missed the &quot;:&quot; and/or the actual creation of the username.&amp;nbsp; Here&#039;s one that works for me.&lt;/p&gt;[Domains] stephens: stephens stephens: [209.128.94.2] stephens: mail.tstephenson.com stephens: tstephenson.com stephens: [192.168.1.2] DM=novell: novelltstephenson.com DM=merwin: merwin.tstephenson.com dm=ubunto: ubunto-tstephenson.com dm=merc452: merc452.tstephenson.com DM=Novell: novell-tstephenson.com stephens: stephens.sj.scruznet.com dm=ubunto: linux-tstephenson.com&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Aaaawww [:D]

That was the point. I forgot indeed the ":". Thank you [;)]

Ok, my domain section looks like the following now and works:

[Domains]
mailserver: mail
mailserver: mail.example.com
mailserver: [XX.XXX.XXX.XX]
DM=user: example.com

Next step is to set up mercury that it either sends all these e-mails to our internal mailserver, or our mailserver takes the mails via pop3 protocol from mercury. When i get it done i probably will buy mercury for our backup mail-system.

Thanks for your help!

regards..,

loopy 

&lt;p&gt;Aaaawww [:D]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;That was the point. I forgot indeed the &quot;:&quot;. Thank you [;)] &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Ok, my domain section looks like the following now and works: &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[Domains] mailserver: mail mailserver: mail.example.com mailserver: [XX.XXX.XXX.XX] DM=user: example.com&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Next step is to set up mercury that it either sends all these e-mails to our internal mailserver, or our mailserver takes the mails via pop3 protocol from mercury. When i get it done i probably will buy mercury for our backup mail-system.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks for your help! &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;regards..,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;loopy&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft