Community Discussions and Support
Japanese

I checked in raw view and I see:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-2022-jp"

The subject in raw view is:

Subject: [trianglejapan]=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCJTAlayE8JVcbKEIbJEIkSzsyMkMkNyReJDkkKyEpGyhC?=

and that displays Japanese characters

The body doesn't display Japanese and looks like this:

$B$3$s$K$A$O!" (BYahoo! $B%0%k!<%W (B $B$G$9!# (B

[trianglejapan] $B%0%k!<%W$X$N;22C?=$79~$_$r$$$?$@$-$^$7$?!# (B
 $B$^$@!"%0%k!<%W$X$N;22C<jB3$-$O40N;$7$F$$$^$;$s!# (B

$B"#$3$N%0%k!<%W$K;22C$9$k$K$O (B
 $B$3$N%a!<%k$K$3$N$^$^JV?.$7$F$/$@$5$$!#<jB3$-$,40N;$7$^$9!# (B

$B"#;22C$r<h$j>C$7$?$$ (B
 $B$3$N%a!<%k$rL5;k$7$F$/$@$5$$!#<jB3$-$O%-%c%s%;%k$5$l$^$9!# (B
 $B"($3$N%a!<%k$K$*?4Ev$?$j$N$J$$>l9g$O$=$N$^$^:o=|$7$F$/$@$5$$!# (B
 $B!!%3%s%T%e!<%?%&%$%k%9$N1F6A$G!"$"$J$?$N%a!<%k%"%I%l%9$,:>>N$5$l$F$$$? (B
 $B!!2DG=@-$b$"$j$^$9!# (B

$B"# (B[trianglejapan] $B%0%k!<%W (B
http://groups.yahoo.co.jp/group/trianglejapan  $B!! (B
 $B%0%k!<%W$N@bL@!"2a5n$KEj9F$5$l$?%a%C%;!<%8$N1\Mw$J$I$,$G$-$^$9!# (B

$B"# (B[trianglejapan] $B%0%k!<%W$K$D$$$F$N$*Ld$$9g$o$; (B
 $B%0%k!<%W4IM}<T!' (Btrianglejapan-owner@yahoogroups.jp  $B!! (B

==============================================================
Yahoo! $B%0%k!<%W (B -  $BB?$/$NCg4V$H$i$/$i$/O"Mm!* (B
http://groups.yahoo.co.jp/
 $B%X%k%W!&$*Ld$$9g$o$;!' (B http://help.yahoo.co.jp/help/jp/groups/

$B"($3$N%a!<%k$K<ALd$r$4JV?.$$$?$@$$$F$b2sEz$$$?$7$+$M$^$9!# (B
 $B!!$*Ld$$9g$o$;$O%X%k%W%Z!<%8$+$i$*4j$$$7$^$9!# (B

&lt;p&gt;I checked in raw view and I see:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; Content-Type: text/plain; charset=&quot;iso-2022-jp&quot;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The subject in raw view is:&lt;/p&gt;Subject: [trianglejapan]=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCJTAlayE8JVcbKEIbJEIkSzsyMkMkNyReJDkkKyEpGyhC?= and that displays Japanese characters &lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The body doesn&#039;t display Japanese and looks like this:&lt;/p&gt; &amp;nbsp;$B$3$s$K$A$O!&quot; (BYahoo! $B%0%k!&amp;lt;%W (B $B$G$9!# (B [trianglejapan] $B%0%k!&amp;lt;%W$X$N;22C?=$79~$_$r$$$?$@$-$^$7$?!# (B &amp;nbsp;$B$^$@!&quot;%0%k!&amp;lt;%W$X$N;22C&amp;lt;jB3$-$O40N;$7$F$$$^$;$s!# (B &amp;nbsp;$B&quot;#$3$N%0%k!&amp;lt;%W$K;22C$9$k$K$O (B &amp;nbsp;$B$3$N%a!&amp;lt;%k$K$3$N$^$^JV?.$7$F$/$@$5$$!#&amp;lt;jB3$-$,40N;$7$^$9!# (B &amp;nbsp;$B&quot;#;22C$r&amp;lt;h$j&amp;gt;C$7$?$$ (B &amp;nbsp;$B$3$N%a!&amp;lt;%k$rL5;k$7$F$/$@$5$$!#&amp;lt;jB3$-$O%-%c%s%;%k$5$l$^$9!# (B &amp;nbsp;$B&quot;($3$N%a!&amp;lt;%k$K$*?4Ev$?$j$N$J$$&amp;gt;l9g$O$=$N$^$^:o=|$7$F$/$@$5$$!# (B &amp;nbsp;$B!!%3%s%T%e!&amp;lt;%?%&amp;amp;%$%k%9$N1F6A$G!&quot;$&quot;$J$?$N%a!&amp;lt;%k%&quot;%I%l%9$,:&amp;gt;&amp;gt;N$5$l$F$$$? (B &amp;nbsp;$B!!2DG=@-$b$&quot;$j$^$9!# (B &amp;nbsp;$B&quot;# (B[trianglejapan] $B%0%k!&amp;lt;%W (B http://groups.yahoo.co.jp/group/trianglejapan&amp;nbsp; $B!! (B &amp;nbsp;$B%0%k!&amp;lt;%W$N@bL@!&quot;2a5n$KEj9F$5$l$?%a%C%;!&amp;lt;%8$N1\Mw$J$I$,$G$-$^$9!# (B &amp;nbsp;$B&quot;# (B[trianglejapan] $B%0%k!&amp;lt;%W$K$D$$$F$N$*Ld$$9g$o$; (B &amp;nbsp;$B%0%k!&amp;lt;%W4IM}&amp;lt;T!&#039; (Btrianglejapan-owner@yahoogroups.jp&amp;nbsp; $B!! (B ============================================================== Yahoo! $B%0%k!&amp;lt;%W (B -&amp;nbsp; $BB?$/$NCg4V$H$i$/$i$/O&quot;Mm!* (B http://groups.yahoo.co.jp/ &amp;nbsp;$B%X%k%W!&amp;amp;$*Ld$$9g$o$;!&#039; (B http://help.yahoo.co.jp/help/jp/groups/ &amp;nbsp;$B&quot;($3$N%a!&amp;lt;%k$K&amp;lt;ALd$r$4JV?.$$$?$@$$$F$b2sEz$$$?$7$+$M$^$9!# (B &amp;nbsp;$B!!$*Ld$$9g$o$;$O%X%k%W%Z!&amp;lt;%8$+$i$*4j$$$7$^$9!# (B

I am using Mailwasher.  Japanese is shown in the body of incoming email in mailwasher.  Japanese is shown in the title of the email when it is imported to Pegasus but Japanese in the body gets mangled.  I have instal,led the windows japanese character set.  Is there somthing that I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Usagi

&lt;p&gt;I am using Mailwasher.&amp;nbsp; Japanese is shown in the body of incoming email in mailwasher.&amp;nbsp; Japanese is shown in the title of the email when it is imported to Pegasus but Japanese in the body gets mangled.&amp;nbsp; I have instal,led the windows japanese character set.&amp;nbsp; Is there somthing that I can do to fix this?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Usagi &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Usagi"]

I am using Mailwasher.  Japanese is shown in the body of incoming email in mailwasher.  Japanese is shown in the title of the email when it is imported to Pegasus but Japanese in the body gets mangled.  I have installed the windows Japanese character set.  Is there something that I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Usagi

[/quote]

Not sure.  I guess it really depends on the character set being used in sending the message.  Pegasus Mail is now using  libiconv (http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/) to display characters.  If the character set used in the message is not supported or is the wrong one then this can happen.  According to the web page the following Japanese character sets are supported.  EUC-JP, SHIFT_JIS, CP932, ISO-2022-JP, ISO-2022-JP-2, ISO-2022-JP-1

[quote user=&quot;Usagi&quot;]&lt;p&gt;I am using Mailwasher.&amp;nbsp; Japanese is shown in the body of incoming email in mailwasher.&amp;nbsp; Japanese is shown in the title of the email when it is imported to Pegasus but Japanese in the body gets mangled.&amp;nbsp; I have installed the windows Japanese character set.&amp;nbsp; Is there something that I can do to fix this?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Usagi &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Not sure.&amp;nbsp; I guess it really depends on the character set being used in sending the message.&amp;nbsp; Pegasus Mail is now using&amp;nbsp; libiconv (http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/) to display characters.&amp;nbsp; If the character set used in the message is not supported or is the wrong one then this can happen.&amp;nbsp; According to the web page the following Japanese character sets are supported.&amp;nbsp; EUC-JP, SHIFT_JIS, CP932, ISO-2022-JP, ISO-2022-JP-2, ISO-2022-JP-1&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Please forward a copy of one of these messages so I can see which Charset is being identified in the Mime headers or at the start of the html stream

Please send to my email address: irelam@telus.net

Martin

&lt;p&gt;Please forward a copy of one of these messages so I can see which Charset is being identified in the Mime headers or at the start of the html stream&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Please send to my email address: irelam@telus.net&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Martin &lt;/p&gt;

The raw view says:

I am using SpamAssassin and I just noticed this in the raw view:

X-Spam-Status: No, score=2.8 required=5.0 tests=BAYES_50,
    UNWANTED_LANGUAGE_BODY autolearn=ham version=3.0.6

When I checked I found that Japanese was not in the list of accepted languages in my SpamAssassin settings. I just reset it to accept Japanese.  Maybe this is the problem?

If so, why does the subject appear in Japanese characters?

&lt;p&gt;The raw view says:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Content-Type: text/plain; charset=&quot;iso-2022-jp&quot; I am using SpamAssassin and I just noticed this in the raw view:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;X-Spam-Status: No, score=2.8 required=5.0 tests=BAYES_50, &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;UNWANTED_LANGUAGE_BODY autolearn=ham version=3.0.6 When I checked I found that Japanese was not in the list of accepted languages in my SpamAssassin settings. I just reset it to accept Japanese.&amp;nbsp; Maybe this is the problem?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If so, why does the subject appear in Japanese characters? &lt;/p&gt;

But is that what is actually shown in the body of the message? Have you passed a copy of the message to Martin for analysis?

If so, why does the subject appear in Japanese characters?

Look at the subject in the raw view and you'll probably find it's encoded is something that SpamAssassin can accept. 

&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;Content-Type: text/plain; charset=&quot;iso-2022-jp&quot;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;But is that what is actually shown in the body of the message? Have you passed a copy of the message to Martin for analysis? &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;If so, why does the subject appear in Japanese characters? &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;Look at the subject in the raw view and you&#039;ll probably find it&#039;s encoded is something that SpamAssassin can accept.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

This is the Subject in raw view:

Subject: [trianglejapan]=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCJTAlayE8JVcbKEIbJEIkSzsyMkMkNyReJDkkKyEpGyhC?=

This is a part of the body (same in raw view as regular view)

Yes, I did forward the message to irelam@telus.net

Usagi

&lt;p&gt;This is the Subject in raw view:&lt;/p&gt;Subject: [trianglejapan]=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCJTAlayE8JVcbKEIbJEIkSzsyMkMkNyReJDkkKyEpGyhC?= &lt;p&gt;This is a part of the body (same in raw view as regular view) &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;$B$3$s$K$A$O!&quot; (BYahoo! $B%0%k!&amp;lt;%W (B $B$G$9!# (B [trianglejapan] $B%0%k!&amp;lt;%W$X$N;22C?=$79~$_$r$$$?$@$-$^$7$?!# (B &amp;nbsp;$B$^$@!&quot;%0%k!&amp;lt;%W$X$N;22C&amp;lt;jB3$-$O40N;$7$F$$$^$;$s!# (B &amp;nbsp;$B&quot;#$3$N%0%k!&amp;lt;%W$K;22C$9$k$K$O (B &amp;nbsp;$B$3$N%a!&amp;lt;%k$K$3$N$^$^JV?.$7$F$/$@$5$$!#&amp;lt;jB3$-$,40N;$7$^$9!# (B&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Yes, I did forward the message to irelam@telus.net&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Usagi &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Usagi"]

This is the Subject in raw view:

This is a part of the body (same in raw view as regular view)

Yes, I did forward the message to irelam@telus.net

Usagi

[/quote]

The subject is encoded in the  ISO-2022-JP but the body sure does not look like it's using the same encoding in the header.  I hope martin can help here.

[quote user=&quot;Usagi&quot;]&lt;p&gt;This is the Subject in raw view:&lt;/p&gt;Subject: [trianglejapan]=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCJTAlayE8JVcbKEIbJEIkSzsyMkMkNyReJDkkKyEpGyhC?= &lt;p&gt;This is a part of the body (same in raw view as regular view) &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;$B$3$s$K$A$O!&quot; (BYahoo! $B%0%k!&amp;lt;%W (B $B$G$9!# (B [trianglejapan] $B%0%k!&amp;lt;%W$X$N;22C?=$79~$_$r$$$?$@$-$^$7$?!# (B &amp;nbsp;$B$^$@!&quot;%0%k!&amp;lt;%W$X$N;22C&amp;lt;jB3$-$O40N;$7$F$$$^$;$s!# (B &amp;nbsp;$B&quot;#$3$N%0%k!&amp;lt;%W$K;22C$9$k$K$O (B &amp;nbsp;$B$3$N%a!&amp;lt;%k$K$3$N$^$^JV?.$7$F$/$@$5$$!#&amp;lt;jB3$-$,40N;$7$^$9!# (B&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Yes, I did forward the message to irelam@telus.net&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Usagi &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The subject is encoded in the&amp;nbsp; ISO-2022-JP but the body sure does not look like it&#039;s using the same encoding in the header.&amp;nbsp; I hope martin can help here.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

I received a copy of the message. I found the following in the html stream:

Content-type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
Content-description: Mail message body

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>

7 bit body message bodies are not utf-8 encoded, and certainly not  ISO-2022-JP as both Utf-8 and Japanese contain contain 8-bit characters

So the message stream is corrupted.  I do not recognise strings of characters like: $B%0%k!<%W$X$N;22C?=$79~$_$r$$$?$@$-$^$7$?!# (B

If anything it might be Mime encoded (BASE64 or UTF-7)

The subject line is properly coded Utf-8 that has been converted to Quoted-Printable so it can be translated back to Japanese characters by the recipient

Martin. 

&lt;p&gt;I received a copy of the message. I found the following in the html stream:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Content-type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT Content-description: Mail message body &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;meta http-equiv=&quot;content-type&quot; content=&quot;text/html;charset=utf-8&quot;/&amp;gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; 7 bit body message bodies are not utf-8 encoded, and certainly not&amp;nbsp; ISO-2022-JP as both Utf-8 and Japanese contain contain 8-bit characters&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;So the message stream is corrupted.&amp;nbsp; I do not recognise strings of characters like: $B%0%k!&amp;lt;%W$X$N;22C?=$79~$_$r$$$?$@$-$^$7$?!# (B&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If anything it might be Mime encoded (BASE64 or UTF-7)&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The subject line is properly coded Utf-8 that has been converted to Quoted-Printable so it can be translated back to Japanese characters by the recipient&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Martin.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Answer Part 2

I noted that you were using MailWasher so I checked on the Mailwasher site, and even installed it on my home PC. No mention any where of international support, but it states that invalid characters are translated (but doesn't say how).   My bet is that it flips 8-bit characters to 7-bit (safe ASCII) and then does its Spam rating scheme.

I would recommend that you change from Mailwasher and start using Pegasus Mail with its SpamHalter spam solution if you want to receive Japanese mail messages

Martin

&lt;p&gt;Answer Part 2&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I noted that you were using MailWasher so I checked on the Mailwasher site, and even installed it on my home PC. No mention any where of international support, but it states that invalid characters are translated (but doesn&#039;t say how).&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; My bet is that it flips 8-bit characters to 7-bit (safe ASCII) and then does its Spam rating scheme.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I would recommend that you change from Mailwasher and start using Pegasus Mail with its SpamHalter spam solution if you want to receive Japanese mail messages &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Martin &lt;/p&gt;

I'm sorry but I discovered that forwarding with Pegasus mail, as I did, changes the headers.  I've posted the headers above which were  ISO-2022-JP, for the subject and for the body test.

I just sent an email to myself which had japanese characters in the subject and in the body.  The japanese wqas visible in MailWasher and when passed to Pegasus they came through ok.

This is the header info:

Return-Path: <bobbetts at Prose-n-Poetry dot com>
Received: from [71.65.221.205] (cpe-071-065-221-205.nc.res.rr.com [71.65.221.205])
    by prose-n-poetry.com (8.13.7/8.13.4) with ESMTP id m6RI0npj024867
    for bobbetts at Prose-n-Poetry dot com>; Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:00:49 -0400
To: bobbetts at Prose-n-Poetry dot com
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:00:39 -0400
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?[trianglejapan]=E3=82=B0=E3=83=AB=E3=83=BC=E3=83=97=E3=81=B8=E3=82=88=E3=81=86=E3=81=93=E3=81=9D?=
Reply-to: bobbetts at Prose-n-Poetry dot com
Message-ID: <488C7F87.32099.D38CD37@bobbetts.Prose-n-Poetry.com>
Priority: normal
X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Windows (4.41)
Content-type: Multipart/Alternative; boundary="Alt-Boundary-754.221826359"
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.0.6 (2005-12-07) on prose-n-poetry.com
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.4 required=5.0 tests=BAYES_00,HTML_80_90,
    HTML_MESSAGE,HTML_TITLE_EMPTY autolearn=ham version=3.0.6
X-DCC-dcc-servers.net-Metrics: prose-n-poetry.com 102; Body=2 Fuz1=2 Fuz2=2
X-IMAPbase: 1137646643 59268
X-UID: 59268
Content-Length: 1966
X-Keywords:                                                                                                    
X-PMFLAGS: 570970560 0 1 PKFTNCP8.CNM                       

--Alt-Boundary-754.221826359
Content-type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-transfer-encoding: Quoted-printable
Content-description: Mail message body

I had changed the default Mime character set in Pegasus "Advance Settings" to UTF-8 which I've read in more universal.  Anyways, I can send myself Japanese, which would be UTF-8 encoded, but I don't know for sure if I can receive Japanese from other sources that may be encoded in ISO-2022-jp.  I don't read Japanese.  The idea is that I didn't want to lose the characters because I could copy and paste them into translation sites to get an idea what they said.

This also shows that MailWasher is not messing anything up.  I do find it very handy. It has many handy filters that are far easier to set up than Pegasus.  I've used Pagasus for many years now and it is the best for organizing email that I want to save.

later edit: I changed the email addys in the headers above to avoid spam bots zeroing in on my email addy.

Usagi

&lt;p&gt;I&#039;m sorry but I discovered that forwarding with Pegasus mail, as I did, changes the headers.&amp;nbsp; I&#039;ve posted the headers above which were&amp;nbsp; ISO-2022-JP, for the subject and for the body test.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I just sent an email to myself which had japanese characters in the subject and in the body.&amp;nbsp; The japanese wqas visible in MailWasher and when passed to Pegasus they came through ok.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;This is the header info:&lt;/p&gt;Return-Path: &amp;lt;bobbetts at Prose-n-Poetry dot com&amp;gt; Received: from [71.65.221.205] (cpe-071-065-221-205.nc.res.rr.com [71.65.221.205]) &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;by prose-n-poetry.com (8.13.7/8.13.4) with ESMTP id m6RI0npj024867 &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;for bobbetts at Prose-n-Poetry dot com&amp;gt;; Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:00:49 -0400 From: &quot;bob&quot; &amp;lt;bobbetts at Prose-n-Poetry dot com&amp;gt; To: bobbetts at Prose-n-Poetry dot com Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:00:39 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?[trianglejapan]=E3=82=B0=E3=83=AB=E3=83=BC=E3=83=97=E3=81=B8=E3=82=88=E3=81=86=E3=81=93=E3=81=9D?= Reply-to: bobbetts at Prose-n-Poetry dot com Message-ID: &amp;lt;488C7F87.32099.D38CD37@bobbetts.Prose-n-Poetry.com&amp;gt; Priority: normal X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Windows (4.41) Content-type: Multipart/Alternative; boundary=&quot;Alt-Boundary-754.221826359&quot; X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.0.6 (2005-12-07) on prose-n-poetry.com X-Spam-Level: X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.4 required=5.0 tests=BAYES_00,HTML_80_90, &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;HTML_MESSAGE,HTML_TITLE_EMPTY autolearn=ham version=3.0.6 X-DCC-dcc-servers.net-Metrics: prose-n-poetry.com 102; Body=2 Fuz1=2 Fuz2=2 X-IMAPbase: 1137646643 59268 Status: O X-UID: 59268 Content-Length: 1966 X-Keywords:&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; X-PMFLAGS: 570970560 0 1 PKFTNCP8.CNM&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; --Alt-Boundary-754.221826359 Content-type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-transfer-encoding: Quoted-printable Content-description: Mail message body &lt;p&gt;I had changed the default Mime character set in Pegasus &quot;Advance Settings&quot; to UTF-8 which I&#039;ve read in more universal.&amp;nbsp; Anyways, I can send myself Japanese, which would be UTF-8 encoded, but I don&#039;t know for sure if I can receive Japanese from other sources that may be encoded in ISO-2022-jp.&amp;nbsp; I don&#039;t read Japanese.&amp;nbsp; The idea is that I didn&#039;t want to lose the characters because I could copy and paste them into translation sites to get an idea what they said.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;This also shows that MailWasher is not messing anything up.&amp;nbsp; I do find it very handy. It has many handy filters that are far easier to set up than Pegasus.&amp;nbsp; I&#039;ve used Pagasus for many years now and it is the best for organizing email that I want to save. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;later edit: I changed the email addys in the headers above to avoid spam bots zeroing in on my email addy. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Usagi &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft