Community Discussions and Support
Return Receipt & Thunderbird.

[quote user="Nuggets"]

When a Thunderbird users sends a return receipt request, Pegasus ignores it. Thunderbird does not appear to use the "X-Confirm-Reading-To:" or "Return-receipt-to:" flags. It does generate a "Disposition-Notification-To:" flag. Any chance for a work around?

[/quote]

One of the reasons I've been slow to support disposition-notification-to is because its specification is ambiguous in places: it's not entirely clear what is responsible for responding to the header, nor when to do so (the specification was clearly written with the idea that only MTAs communicate with each other, and gets vague when you throw MUAs like Pegasus Mail into the mix).

I'll take another look at it though - it *is* a while since I last went through the cursing and swearing process of reading that particular RFC.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="Nuggets"]<p>When a Thunderbird users sends a return receipt request, Pegasus ignores it. Thunderbird does not appear to use the "X-Confirm-Reading-To:" or "Return-receipt-to:" flags. It does generate a "Disposition-Notification-To:" flag. Any chance for a work around?</p>[/quote] One of the reasons I've been slow to support disposition-notification-to is because its specification is ambiguous in places: it's not entirely clear what is responsible for responding to the header, nor when to do so (the specification was clearly written with the idea that only MTAs communicate with each other, and gets vague when you throw MUAs like Pegasus Mail into the mix). I'll take another look at it though - it *is* a while since I last went through the cursing and swearing process of reading that particular RFC. Cheers! -- David --

Hi,

When a Thunderbird users sends a return receipt request, Pegasus ignores it. Thunderbird does not appear to use the "X-Confirm-Reading-To:" or "Return-receipt-to:" flags. It does generate a "Disposition-Notification-To:" flag. Any chance for a work around?

Thanks!

<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>When a Thunderbird users sends a return receipt request, Pegasus ignores it. Thunderbird does not appear to use the "X-Confirm-Reading-To:" or "Return-receipt-to:" flags. It does generate a "Disposition-Notification-To:" flag. Any chance for a work around?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks!  </p>

It does generate a "Disposition-Notification-To:" flag. Any chance for a work around?

You could create an "Expression"  filter looking for this string in the header and then use the action to send a text file to the sender with a response that the message has been read.

<blockquote>It does generate a "Disposition-Notification-To:" flag. Any chance for a work around?</blockquote><p>You could create an "Expression"  filter looking for this string in the header and then use the action to send a text file to the sender with a response that the message has been read.</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft