Community Discussions and Support
Urgent imap-mails always on top

[quote user="David Harris"]
So the answer to you question is that there's no immediate fix, but I am aware of the problem and have plans to fix it.

[/quote]

Great!

Thank's to all for the quick answers! 

<p>[quote user="David Harris"] So the answer to you question is that there's no immediate fix, but I am aware of the problem and have plans to fix it. [/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Great!</p><p>Thank's to all for the quick answers! </p>

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my imap-folders.

When i receive a mail that has been flagged "urgent" by the sender, the mail is marked red and always on top of the folder. There seems to be no way of changing this urgent status of the mail. As a consequence instead of my new mails I now have a lot of old urgent mails on top of my folders.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to solve this problem? (Except deleting these mails of course).

I've already been looking for a solution in a couple of forums, but so far have found no solution. 

<p>Hi,</p><p>I'm having a problem with my imap-folders. </p><p>When i receive a mail that has been flagged "urgent" by the sender, the mail is marked red and always on top of the folder. There seems to be no way of changing this urgent status of the mail. As a consequence instead of my new mails I now have a lot of old urgent mails on top of my folders.</p><p>Does anyone have a suggestion how to solve this problem? (Except deleting these mails of course).</p><p>I've already been looking for a solution in a couple of forums, but so far have found no solution. </p><p>  </p>

Right click on the message in the folder listing and select "Message properties" and then uncheck the property "Is urgent".

<p>Right click on the message in the folder listing and select "Message properties" and then uncheck the property "Is urgent".</p><p> </p>

Does this work in the latest beta?

It has never worked on IMAP folders in 4.41 and previous versions.  'Read/unread' is the only property that is capable of being altered over IMAP as far as I can recall.

<P>Does this work in the latest beta?</P> <P>It has never worked on IMAP folders in 4.41 and previous versions.  'Read/unread' is the only property that is capable of being altered over IMAP as far as I can recall.</P>

OOPS. sorry missed the IMAP4.  Can't change the properties of a message via IMAP4.

<p>OOPS. sorry missed the IMAP4.  Can't change the properties of a message via IMAP4.</p><p> </p>

[quote user="BJay"]

When i receive a mail that has been flagged "urgent" by the sender, the mail is marked red and always on top of the folder.

[/quote]

Pegasus Mail is quite limited in the message flags it will allow you to edit across an IMAP connection. This will improve when I retool the message store later this year.

So the answer to you question is that there's no immediate fix, but I am aware of the problem and have plans to fix it.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="BJay"]<p>When i receive a mail that has been flagged "urgent" by the sender, the mail is marked red and always on top of the folder.</p>[/quote] Pegasus Mail is quite limited in the message flags it will allow you to edit across an IMAP connection. This will improve when I retool the message store later this year. So the answer to you question is that there's no immediate fix, but I am aware of the problem and have plans to fix it. Cheers! -- David --
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft