Announcements
Changes to the beta testing process

As many of you have noticed ( <wry grin> )  the time between releases has in recent years been getting longer and longer, both for Pegasus Mail and Mercury.

The long period between releases does not, however, mean that nothing is happening: there are numerous reasons for the longer development cycles, many of which I have covered in my blogs, and in the background, there are many, many releases of beta versions of the program that are only ever circulated to members of the current closed beta test teams. To give you an example, there have been 22 formal betas of Pegasus Mail v4.5, and numerous informal betas where I wanted to try out a specific feature.

After consultation with my closed test teams, we've reached the conclusion that the community and the quality of the programs would be best served if we opened up the beta testing process: making betas available publicly would allow wider testing, as well as giving a clear, visible indication that the programs are alive and in active development.

Accordingly, after the release of Pegasus Mail v4.5 (which will be very soon now - we're testing release candidates at present), I will be opening the beta process. Most betas will be made publicly available on this community for both programs, and forums will be provided for feedback. Betas will be provided without support, typically will not include installers, and will be intended to be installed only by experienced users.

Watch this space for further announcements.

Cheers!

-- David --

As many of you have noticed ( &amp;lt;wry grin&amp;gt; )&amp;nbsp; the time between releases has in recent years been getting longer and longer, both for Pegasus Mail and Mercury. The long period between releases does not, however, mean that nothing is happening: there are numerous reasons for the longer development cycles, many of which I have covered in my blogs, and in the background, there are many, many releases of beta versions of the program that are only ever circulated to members of the current closed beta test teams. To give you an example, there have been 22 formal betas of Pegasus Mail v4.5, and numerous informal betas where I wanted to try out a specific feature. After consultation with my closed test teams, we&#039;ve reached the conclusion that the community and the quality of the programs would be best served if we opened up the beta testing process: making betas available publicly would allow wider testing, as well as giving a clear, visible indication that the programs are alive and in active development. Accordingly, after the release of Pegasus Mail v4.5 (which will be very soon now - we&#039;re testing release candidates at present), I will be opening the beta process. Most betas will be made publicly available on this community for both programs, and forums will be provided for feedback. Betas will be provided without support, typically will not include installers, and will be intended to be installed only by experienced users. Watch this space for further announcements. Cheers! -- David --
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft