Community Discussions and Support
*.pnx files

I deleted all messages "ready to send" but there were two without any

content, i can't delete. ( They just reappeared after i restartet PMail)

1.  Use Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info to locate the HOME mail directory.

2.  Use File Manager or Explorer and go to this directory and delete the zero length PMO, PMX and PMW files.

<blockquote>I deleted all messages "ready to send" but there were two without any content, i can't delete. ( They just reappeared after i restartet PMail)</blockquote> 1.  Use Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info to locate the HOME mail directory. 2.  Use File Manager or Explorer and go to this directory and delete the zero length PMO, PMX and PMW files.

Hi,

I'm using Pegasus for several years now, from my first Email until today and i want to save all the files. Alas the PMail-Folder is about 5.5gb and there ist one single file "FQSGWP6G.PNX" with nearly 3gb in this folders.

What is this *.pnx for? I searched all my emails with the same date of that file but there is non matching with time and date.

Kind regards

Stefanie

<p>Hi, </p><p> </p><p>I'm using Pegasus for several years now, from my first Email until today and i want to save all the files. Alas the PMail-Folder is about 5.5gb and there ist one single file "FQSGWP6G.PNX" with nearly 3gb in this folders.</p><p>What is this *.pnx for? I searched all my emails with the same date of that file but there is non matching with time and date. </p><p> </p><p>Kind regards</p><p>Stefanie  </p>

PNX files are the RTF version of the message bodies of any queued and

draft messages that contain formatted text. The name part of the file

is the same as the corresponding .PMO or .PMX or .PMW file. There

should be no .PNX files without a corresponding other file. There also should never be a 3 GByte PNX file.

Checkout Han v.d. Bogaerde's Pegasus mail Links at http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/  He has provided a lot of information on Pegasus Mail for Windows including all the files and file extensions used by the program.

<p>PNX files are the RTF version of the message bodies of any queued and draft messages that contain formatted text. The name part of the file is the same as the corresponding .PMO or .PMX or .PMW file. There should be no .PNX files without a corresponding other file. There also should never be a 3 GByte PNX file.</p><p>Checkout Han v.d. Bogaerde's Pegasus mail Links at <a href="http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/" mce_href="http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/">http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/</a>  He has provided a lot of information on Pegasus Mail for Windows including all the files and file extensions used by the program.</p><p> </p>

Thank you for the fast answer and the very helpful link.

Refering to that page, the PNX files are queued messages. I deleted all messages "ready to send" but there were two without any content, i can't delete. ( They just reappeared after i restartet PMail)

I moved these files (the 2gb and another 500mb file with their sorresponding ones) to antoher folder an the odd queued messages were gone. I guess there must have been some internal fault of Pegasus with these two messages.

As long as all my mails are still in their folders they belong in I am happy! :-)

Thanks a lot!

kind regards

<p>Thank you for the fast answer and the very helpful link.</p><p> Refering to that page, the PNX files are queued messages. I deleted all messages "ready to send" but there were two without any content, i can't delete. ( They just reappeared after i restartet PMail) </p><p>I moved these files (the 2gb and another 500mb file with their sorresponding ones) to antoher folder an the odd queued messages were gone. I guess there must have been some internal fault of Pegasus with these two messages.</p><p>As long as all my mails are still in their folders they belong in I am happy! :-)</p><p> </p><p>Thanks a lot!</p><p>kind regards  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft