Community Discussions and Support
See message ok on Selective Download, but downloads as an empty message

My only guess here is something, like anti-virus software, is interfering with WinPMail.  The CNM file is put into the new mail directory but then deleted by the anti-virus software.  Turn it off.  If he need to check his mail for viruses then use something like VirScan by Martin Ireland.  See the downloads area for details.

That said, if you were using Mercury/32 to get the mail for the users then the users would not have to be using any sort of POP3 downloads.  You could also use Clamwall, Spamhalter/POPFileD and/or Greywall  to keep the spam/viruses out of the users mailboxes as well.  Increase user effeciency quite a bit as well.

<p>My only guess here is something, like anti-virus software, is interfering with WinPMail.  The CNM file is put into the new mail directory but then deleted by the anti-virus software.  Turn it off.  If he need to check his mail for viruses then use something like VirScan by Martin Ireland.  See the downloads area for details.</p><p>That said, if you were using Mercury/32 to get the mail for the users then the users would not have to be using any sort of POP3 downloads.  You could also use Clamwall, Spamhalter/POPFileD and/or Greywall  to keep the spam/viruses out of the users mailboxes as well.  Increase user effeciency quite a bit as well.</p><p> </p>

I've used Pegasus forever!  Now my work uses it too. My boss is having an intermittent problem.  He uses Selective Download all the time for extra protection against virus emails and avoiding dowloading very large uninvited files.  About 5% of the emails (for the last month) do not download correctly.  He'll see the sender's name and the subject on Selective Download.  He uses the "retrieve and delete" option.  The message that is downloaded is blank:  sender is unknown, no text in the message, and the raw data says nothing except Status:  U.

Sometimes the original message is gone since he also deleted it off the server, so he can't download it again.  Sometimes it stays on the server so he can get it again.  Have any ideas?

Thank you.

<P>I've used Pegasus forever!  Now my work uses it too. My boss is having an intermittent problem.  He uses Selective Download all the time for extra protection against virus emails and avoiding dowloading very large uninvited files.  About 5% of the emails (for the last month) do not download correctly.  He'll see the sender's name and the subject on Selective Download.  He uses the "retrieve and delete" option.  The message that is downloaded is blank:  sender is unknown, no text in the message, and the raw data says nothing except Status:  U.</P> <P>Sometimes the original message is gone since he also deleted it off the server, so he can't download it again.  Sometimes it stays on the server so he can get it again.  Have any ideas?</P> <P> Thank you.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft