Community Discussions and Support
POP3 Mail filtered by folder possible?

Assuming that the server is IMAP4 aware, how do I configure Pegasus to access my different folders?

Use Tools | IMAP profiles.. to setup a connection to the IMAP4 host.

<blockquote>Assuming that the server is IMAP4 aware, how do I configure Pegasus to access my different folders?</blockquote><p>Use Tools | IMAP profiles.. to setup a connection to the IMAP4 host.</p><p> </p>

I'm using Pegasus V4.21 and I'm using POP3 to download messages from another email account.

I need to download messages that are not in the INBOX because they were put in separate folders.

Is there a way to set POP3 to download messages from these other folders? I already checked the filtering rules but selecting folders doesn't seem to be an option.

Thanks much!

<p>I'm using Pegasus V4.21 and I'm using POP3 to download messages from another email account.</p><p>I need to download messages that are not in the INBOX because they were put in separate folders.</p><p>Is there a way to set POP3 to download messages from these other folders? I already checked the filtering rules but selecting folders doesn't seem to be an option.</p><p>Thanks much! </p>

Is there a way to set POP3 to download messages from these other

folders? I already checked the filtering rules but selecting folders

doesn't seem to be an option.

Nope, POP3 only works with the new mail directory.  You can use IMAP4 though if it is supported by the server to get mail in other folders in a mailbox.  For example, GMail offers both POP3 and IMAP4.  You can turn on both and then either download the new mail via POP3 or use IMAP4 to get mail from any folder.

<blockquote>Is there a way to set POP3 to download messages from these other folders? I already checked the filtering rules but selecting folders doesn't seem to be an option.</blockquote><p>Nope, POP3 only works with the new mail directory.  You can use IMAP4 though if it is supported by the server to get mail in other folders in a mailbox.  For example, GMail offers both POP3 and IMAP4.  You can turn on both and then either download the new mail via POP3 or use IMAP4 to get mail from any folder.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

The POP protocol doesn't have a method of looking in another folder, so it won't be able to download the messages.

Try setting up an IMAP profile - if the server holding the mailboxes supports it - and you should be able to see all the folders and manually download the mail you want.

<P>The POP protocol doesn't have a method of looking in another folder, so it won't be able to download the messages.</P> <P>Try setting up an IMAP profile - if the server holding the mailboxes supports it - and you should be able to see all the folders and manually download the mail you want.</P>

Great, thanks for your quick reply.

Assuming that the server is IMAP4 aware, how do I configure Pegasus to access my different folders?

Cheers.

<p>Great, thanks for your quick reply. </p><p>Assuming that the server is IMAP4 aware, how do I configure Pegasus to access my different folders?</p><p>Cheers. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft