Community Discussions and Support
Any easy way to get rid of old Search Results folders?

Go to your pmail folder and delete every file beginning with LNK (and ending in PNL).  Restart Pegasus and there you have it. 

<P>Go to your pmail folder and delete every file beginning with LNK (and ending in PNL).  Restart Pegasus and there you have it. </P>

I have about 50 old Search Results folders because I forgot to check the "Delete on Exit" box (this should really be the default, I think).

Any ideas for an easy way to get rid of them?

<p>I have about 50 old Search Results folders because I forgot to check the "Delete on Exit" box (this should really be the default, I think).</p><p>Any ideas for an easy way to get rid of them?  </p>

I disagree, I think the default is fine.  I do think it would be nice if we could delete more than one at a time though, CTRL-CLICK selection would be fine with me.

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for you except to do a few at a time until their all gone.

<p>I disagree, I think the default is fine.  I do think it would be nice if we could delete more than one at a time though, CTRL-CLICK selection would be fine with me. </p><p>Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for you except to do a few at a time until their all gone.</p>

Go Tools -> Options -> Folder behaviors and tick the box to have "delete on exit" as the default.

<p>Go Tools -> Options -> Folder behaviors and tick the box to have "delete on exit" as the default.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"]

Go Tools -> Options -> Folder behaviors and tick the box to have "delete on exit" as the default.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, this will only affect searches done during the current session - the old ones won't be affected. At this stage, there's no way of purging unwanted searches other than deleting them one by one, sorry.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"]<p>Go Tools -> Options -> Folder behaviors and tick the box to have "delete on exit" as the default.</p>[/quote] Unfortunately, this will only affect searches done during the current session - the old ones won't be affected. At this stage, there's no way of purging unwanted searches other than deleting them one by one, sorry. Cheers! -- David --

Thanks. Now that I've found the default behaviour option, it's given me the impetus to work through the one-by-one deletions.

Thanks. Now that I've found the default behaviour option, it's given me the impetus to work through the one-by-one deletions.

You could search your hierarch.pm file for all lines that have

:Recent search re", 

Delete all lines that have that phrase. (Note: I have not tested this. I could be wrong.)

If you have an editor that supports "regular expressions" like Jujuedit, you can delete all these lines in one go. Regular expressions, if you don't know, allow searches and replacements using an advanced/complex form of wildcards.

Regards,
Ross Nixon

<p>You could search your <b>hierarch.pm</b> file for all lines that have <b>:Recent search re", </b></p><p>Delete all lines that have that phrase. <i>(Note: I have not tested this. I could be wrong.)</i> If you have an editor that supports "regular expressions" like Jujuedit, you can delete all these lines in one go. Regular expressions, if you don't know, allow searches and replacements using an advanced/complex form of wildcards.</p><p>Regards, Ross Nixon </p>

This will not work. As long as the actual files on disk exist, Pegasus Mail will add them to the hierarch.pm at the next restart. There is currently no other way then delete them one by one.

<p>This will not work. As long as the actual files on disk exist, Pegasus Mail will add them to the hierarch.pm at the next restart. There is currently no other way then delete them one by one.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft